Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shemshemet

shemshemet

@gardnguyahoy

my hypothesis is this:

600 watt is more energy. More energy means higher metabolism (faster reactions within the plants). Higher metabolism with increased light brings higher % of other inputs (nutes, CO2). See when you upgrade one link, the weakest link may change. You may have a weaker link in terms of nutrition, or gas exchange.

Just a thought.

MGRox

MGRox

@Power OG nice pics and updates!! Ty too for update with Tnelz. How is the smell on those skunks? Should be able to smell them about 50 yards away through 2 carbon filters right? :D

@gardnguyahoy
IMHO,
If we consider the flower density alone (assuming 9wk pheno); then I would look to a difference (400vs 600) in the auxin/cytokinin ratio in week 3-6. This relates largely to what @shemshemet pointed out with higher by products from metabolism. Specifically with that; you could alter NPK ratios relative to lights and 'should' easily adjust for similar density. (With N not moving, you could increase S or P relative to N; or alternatively increase K relative to N.....for the period where that specific development is occuring. which would aid in this ratio adjustment.)

Flavor can be a harder thing to pin down though as so many factors can affect this. We often look at sugars, spectrum and stresses to alter flavor. It is not unreasonable to categorize intensity itself as a form of stressor; in that it would be logical that intensity level could alter stress response. If all other factors are equal (parameters, environment, specturm etc); then I would have to presume a relation to intensity (though sugar content would also be different from this).

If your liking aspects of flavor as a primary; you may well also like benefits from CMH as it adds spectrum effects in addition to the intensity change. Maybe something to put on the wishlist for santa. hehe.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Thought I'd share, I harvested another NL and made a seriously strange note.

600w hps vs. 400w hps.

Easy judge on which is better right? Wrong. At the cup this year I was listening to DJ short talk about the sour HPS smell. How hps gives buds that sleight sour aroma or sometimes a big sour aroma to buds that don't normally smell like that.

Well, after running ghost OG and Northern lights under my 600 and under my 400 I've concluded this: 600w higher yield, airier buds, less tight, sour smells increase by a significant amount.

400w lower yield, higher quality, smells stay true, no sour ness to over power the golden sugar smell of the northern lighrs. my NL under 400w smells like a sugary dream, amazing quality, tightness. However, when running it dedicated under my 600w the quality was sub par, even though I yielded more. Don't get me wrong, they're amazing buds, sugar stacked. But the smell isn't quite how I like it, and the tightness isn't really there, AS MUCH they're tight buds.... just,the top buds on the 6 aren't as good as the top buds from my 4...

Conclusion, I'm gonna let buds stack under the 6. And finish under the 4. Bam, I said it, 600w hps isn't as good as my 400w hps. In the end, I'll take quantity over quality any day. I'm gonna run the NL strictly under 4 and one strictly under 6 this next round just to make further study on this concept. @MGRox @NaturalTherapy id like your guys 2 cents on this
I haven't used either 400W or 600W, so I can't speak from direct experience, but from general experience it's due to a combination of factors. (Some of which have been addressed; i.e. metabolic differences under different intensities) Light intensity plays a big role, directly related to which, is temperature. In other words, is the canopy temperature consistent under both lamps? If no that is likely to account. That's my guess.

I can say my White x G13/Hashplant smells much less offensive when grown under dual spectrum lighting. Still smells strongly, and resin coverage is better than solely HPS, but the aroma is much less sharp and astringent, replaced by a bad breath type aroma.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

@gardnguyahoy

my hypothesis is this:

600 watt is more energy. More energy means higher metabolism (faster reactions within the plants). Higher metabolism with increased light brings higher % of other inputs (nutes, CO2). See when you upgrade one link, the weakest link may change. You may have a weaker link in terms of nutrition, or gas exchange.

Just a thought.
This is great. Thank you for your point, it's much appreciated my man. It'll resonate with me for sure.
@Power OG nice pics and updates!! Ty too for update with Tnelz. How is the smell on those skunks? Should be able to smell them about 50 yards away through 2 carbon filters right? :D

@gardnguyahoy
IMHO,
If we consider the flower density alone (assuming 9wk pheno); then I would look to a difference (400vs 600) in the auxin/cytokinin ratio in week 3-6. This relates largely to what @shemshemet pointed out with higher by products from metabolism. Specifically with that; you could alter NPK ratios relative to lights and 'should' easily adjust for similar density. (With N not moving, you could increase S or P relative to N; or alternatively increase K relative to N.....for the period where that specific development is occuring. which would aid in this ratio adjustment.)

Flavor can be a harder thing to pin down though as so many factors can affect this. We often look at sugars, spectrum and stresses to alter flavor. It is not unreasonable to categorize intensity itself as a form of stressor; in that it would be logical that intensity level could alter stress response. If all other factors are equal (parameters, environment, specturm etc); then I would have to presume a relation to intensity (though sugar content would also be different from this).

If your liking aspects of flavor as a primary; you may well also like benefits from CMH as it adds spectrum effects in addition to the intensity change. Maybe something to put on the wishlist for santa. hehe.
I haven't used either 400W or 600W, so I can't speak from direct experience, but from general experience it's due to a combination of factors. (Some of which have been addressed; i.e. metabolic differences under different intensities) Light intensity plays a big role, directly related to which, is temperature. In other words, is the canopy temperature consistent under both lamps? If no that is likely to account. That's my guess.

I can say my White x G13/Hashplant smells much less offensive when grown under dual spectrum lighting. Still smells strongly, and resin coverage is better than solely HPS, but the aroma is much less sharp and astringent, replaced by a bad breath type aroma.
Wow guys thank you for these responses. Even though I had to screen shot so I could reread these to keep the info imprinted on my brain, I feel like I'm taking a good lesson and abundance of knowledge away from my post/question. Thanks again guys.

P.s. this only adds to my t previous thought that you guys would make an insanely good breeding team @NaturalTherapy @MGRox .. now just toss @SeaF0ur into the mix and it could possibly be the best team ever stacked together. I fully back this opinion

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

1457390669031 1269035668
check this out I got this from my fiancé's dad. he bought online though and didnt actually go to the cup. lame, but cool coin. he's a bit of a coin collector.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Stopping by to say hello to all and a quick explanation. I was just promoted at my job. Money is good but it's Hella stressful. I just don't have the time to be there my garden my family and here. I hope nobody is mad. I have nothing but love and respect for everyone. Want to say thanks for keeping this place rockin. I have a lot of catching up to do. Let me settle things down a bit and I'll be back here refularly. I have every intention of stopping by at least weekly until equilibrium sets in. Know the garden is awesome although this run contains 1 or 2 disapointments. Not grow wise but yeild. In any case I'll holla soon! Much love and respect!

stonestacker

stonestacker

Stopping by to say hello to all and a quick explanation. I was just promoted at my job. Money is good but it's Hella stressful. I just don't have the time to be there my garden my family and here. I hope nobody is mad. I have nothing but love and respect for everyone. Want to say thanks for keeping this place rockin. I have a lot of catching up to do. Let me settle things down a bit and I'll be back here refularly. I have every intention of stopping by at least weekly until equilibrium sets in. Know the garden is awesome although this run contains 1 or 2 disapointments. Not grow wise but yeild. In any case I'll holla soon! Much love and respect!
Just don't short the family. It ain't worth the money if you are missing out with the family.

Top Bottom