Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Oh and @bobericc to answer your question about why not just go with some known strain is cause I'm a farmer and love to experiment and find new phenos rather then chase the newest fad. Sure I have my clone onlys but I love to pop seeds and watch the plant grow.

MGRox

MGRox

I'm pretty sure mgrox is in soil. He has a cloner that's aero and one that is humidity controlled if I remember right. Correct me if I'm wrong man.
Pretty close :D Ye got the humidity (fogger) version and the standard DIY bubble type cloner. Though I use plugs instead of bare root.
For medium I'm typically in Coir / Peat mixes; but I'm always changing fractions as I'm never happy with mediums heh. Other than humus, I'm hydro or well soilless. So, yeah I give Urea and Miracle grow in coir haha. (just 3 weeks in bloom)

Side track:
One connection I do have with soil though, is a bad habit (since doing chem ferts). Soil guys don't water to run-0ff but chem guys do. From research and personal experience (also habits) I've gotten back to not watering to run-off with chem. The primary reason is that plants expend 30-50% of their carbon input as respiration and exudates. Exudates primarily alter the root environment to better suit nutrient uptake, pH, and microorganisms.
IMHO, There is advantage (with chem) to trying to maintain NPK profiles with flushing, run-off or water changes. However, the downside is that we also lose all the energy the plant expended to optimize the root zone for those conditions prior to flush, run-off etc. It's quite literally a double edged sword.
My Focus is to balance the input NPK profiles so that there are no build ups that require flushing, run-off. More specifically that buildups of specific elements take a longer time to occur than the time said plant will be fed. The price I must pay for this is a higher chance of deficiencies or excesses, with that chance lowering as NPK inputs are optimized.

Oh. I forgot to post the nutrient solution used in that bubble cloner, if anyone would like. Would highly recommend it for all first rooted cuts (particularly hydro cuts). Messed with a ton of cloning NPK's and this can run the longest and nets highest growth without change-out.
3ml per gallon GH Flora Micro
2ml per gallon GH Flora Bloom
R/O water only. No pH adjust.
N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S
49-13-28-49-9-6
EC 0.4-0.45

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Pretty close :D Ye got the humidity (fogger) version and the standard DIY bubble type cloner. Though I use plugs instead of bare root.
For medium I'm typically in Coir / Peat mixes; but I'm always changing fractions as I'm never happy with mediums heh. Other than humus, I'm hydro or well soilless. So, yeah I give Urea and Miracle grow in coir haha. (just 3 weeks in bloom)

Side track:
One connection I do have with soil though, is a bad habit (since doing chem ferts). Soil guys don't water to run-0ff but chem guys do. From research and personal experience (also habits) I've gotten back to not watering to run-off with chem. The primary reason is that plants expend 30-50% of their carbon input as respiration and exudates. Exudates primarily alter the root environment to better suit nutrient uptake, pH, and microorganisms.
IMHO, There is advantage (with chem) to trying to maintain NPK profiles with flushing, run-off or water changes. However, the downside is that we also lose all the energy the plant expended to optimize the root zone for those conditions prior to flush, run-off etc. It's quite literally a double edged sword.
My Focus is to balance the input NPK profiles so that there are no build ups that require flushing, run-off. More specifically that buildups of specific elements take a longer time to occur than the time said plant will be fed. The price I must pay for this is a higher chance of deficiencies or excesses, with that chance lowering as NPK inputs are optimized.

Oh. I forgot to post the nutrient solution used in that bubble cloner, if anyone would like. Would highly recommend it for all first rooted cuts (particularly hydro cuts). Messed with a ton of cloning NPK's and this can run the longest and nets highest growth without change-out.
3ml per gallon GH Flora Micro
2ml per gallon GH Flora Bloom
R/O water only. No pH adjust.
N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S
49-13-28-49-9-6
EC 0.4-0.45

My bad. To much info up in this brain. It gets jumbled up from time to time :)

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Ah feels good to have my cloning game back on point. Day 5....

miko

miko

Hey Gents,

Anyone have experience in cloning trees ? I mean real trees. :) Maple, Ash, Spruce, etc.. ?

Looks like the process is very similar to the cloning I do now, just make takes a month, 6 weeks instead of 10 days.

My concern is that with as slow as trees grow, it would take 10 years to have 1000 of them from cloning...

What are your thoughts?

Miko~

lemons

lemons

Folks I'm havin an issue. It started out with just the ssp, but now everything is doin it. When I water they move in wonky directions and the leaves twist and turn. Only thing I can think of is maybe a ph issue?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Folks I'm havin an issue. It started out with just the ssp, but now everything is doin it. When I water they move in wonky directions and the leaves twist and turn. Only thing I can think of is maybe a ph issue?
Are you just watering or are you feeding? Feeding and watering are different. Cal- would make it look like the fingers are "drawstringed" or pulled back to the side..

Also homies I have this scrog going. And it's about time to flower the sugar black rose!

Fucking WOOT!

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Guessing your ph is way out of range. Can you get a shot without hps on?

UrbanRemo

UrbanRemo

Hey pal. Type remo nutrients into Google. Once u get to the site go to contact us and follow powers suggestion. I've received nice samples from almost every single nutrient company going. This is right up there with the most solid sample available. Power also listed the other really good ones but there are a few others that are really good. So the remo sample is cool size wise but 1 thing I don't like already is the velo kelp. Its 1.3 percent seaweed extract .97 percent kelp and the rest is ur normal chems. Amonium nitrate diamonium phosphate and potasium nitrate oh and .79 humic. Hardly a solid kelp product. Not saying it won't work. Well I'm sure u get what I'm saying. Lol.
The VeloKelp also is full of B Vitamins, Humic and Fulvic Acid. We have to follow labeling laws from State to State and Country to Country. Arguably our best product on the market.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Hey Gents,

Anyone have experience in cloning trees ? I mean real trees. :) Maple, Ash, Spruce, etc.. ?

Looks like the process is very similar to the cloning I do now, just make takes a month, 6 weeks instead of 10 days.

My concern is that with as slow as trees grow, it would take 10 years to have 1000 of them from cloning...

What are your thoughts?

Miko~

Air layering works the best on trees.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I know I'm late as hell to the mites and unwanted pests in your cab. I'm going through the same exact shit right now trying to get rid of a ton of fungus knats that were given to me in clones .. Chucked all 10 clones & Neville Haze that had 10 weeks flower left .. Now I know, if I didn't pop it, its not going in my cabs

Top Bottom