Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Izzyi2d

Izzyi2d

I have not seen a lot of activity but wanted to just give an update...

Hey farmers!!! Izzy here... After some guidance from @Power OG ... He sent me here... He gave me aome good beginners info on nectar line which I'm using... I'll start off by saying this is my first grow and I have read untill my eyes are bleeding.... Guess it's a on the job type learning... I'm looking for any help I can get and offer any advice... @Power OG . said its the best place so here I am... I have had some issues with humidity and temp... After a speed control purchase and trying the hot humidifier and cool one I think I have that down....
I have 2 strains.. L.a choc and mountain kush....

Veg tent is 4x8x6'9
2 T5 4x2 8 bulb
Inline 6" hurricane fan hook up to charcoal filter...

Here are some pics

View attachment 571496 View attachment 571497 View attachment 571498 View attachment 571496 View attachment 571497 View attachment 571498

Sorry for dbl pics....

These are the 2 l.a
View attachment 571500

Threat are mountain kush...
They are all clones... I'm assuming the mountain kush clones came from that big mother because she's clearly been chopped... I cleaned up the bottoms on all of them.... I watered once... Then I watered yesterday at about 9am with nectar line at half and ph at 6.8

I'm trying to keep temp at 79-80 and humidity at 60... That's all I can think of now... I'll update as I go if that's alright... And any feedback would be great!!! Thanks in advance and thanks for having me!EDIT...I am only using the middle 4/8 bulbs on T5 I felt like all 8 might be to much because I have had problems...

IMG 20160504 202316
IMG 20160504 202450
IMG 20160504 202451
IMG 20160504 202457
IMG 20160504 202502
IMG 20160504 202507
IMG 20160504 202512
IMG 20160504 202802
IMG 20160504 202839
IMG 20160504 202904
IMG 20160504 203247
IMG 20160504 203257
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

What up dudes? Check it out! Everything is a girl!
20160505 142557
20160505 142314
20160505 142115
this one specifically is starfighter x yeti 3. So I think I'm gonna slightly abandon the big chipper strain. I'll keep one on deck if someone wants any clones.. but seeing how fast the starfighterX frosts up and how much bigger the buds are going to be I need to put chipper on the back burners. She doesn't yield for shit, even though I yielded 4 Oz off one plant I can tell that she is a very very low yielder. She has a very deep taste, and she is very strong, but I need to be getting more.

burn4me

burn4me

What up dudes? Check it out! Everything is a girl!View attachment 597255 View attachment 597256 View attachment 597257this one specifically is starfighter x yeti 3. So I think I'm gonna slightly abandon the big chipper strain. I'll keep one on deck if someone wants any clones.. but seeing how fast the starfighterX frosts up and how much bigger the buds are going to be I need to put chipper on the back burners. She doesn't yield for shit, even though I yielded 4 Oz off one plant I can tell that she is a very very low yielder. She has a very deep taste, and she is very strong, but I need to be getting more.
may just need to lock down how she feeds and what she likes/loves. Could make a difference in yield. May take a few runs to lock her in, that's normal sometimes. Very nice looking though.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

So I had to leave for a week during a pm fight, gave em a good spray of stylet oil before I left and came back to an infestation
:crying2:

@SeaF0ur of the five khilasi x SB that germed I only had one female.
Smelled great, Grape jolly rancher with an earthy undertone.
Unfortunately, she hasn't really filled in. Despite being moderately resistant to the pm I'm struggling with, I think I'm gonna toss it.
I will say though that I had some issues with my light timing early on in flower and it never threw a nanner.
I did let one of the males stick around long enough to spew for a week
I'm really interested to run the seeds I got of my unknown kush from that pollen, but being my first pollen chucking experiment I'll just be stoked to get anything to germ
:cool:

@BlackSheepOG I thought earthworms weren't great for composting?

Looking good @Stumpy420

Make sure you keep your hand away from the camera lens @Izzyi2d

Cheers farmers, good to see ya @Power OG

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

@Growin Grass I've always had worms in my compost. They eat the scraps of what I put in and in return I get to harvest the sweet sweet vermicompost from them. Use it to make teas and foliars, put it in our veggie garden and the plants go crazy for it. Been doing it this way for 3 1/2 years and have had outstanding results.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

@Growin Grass I've always had worms in my compost. They eat the scraps of what I put in and in return I get to harvest the sweet sweet vermicompost from them. Use it to make teas and foliars, put it in our veggie garden and the plants go crazy for it. Been doing it this way for 3 1/2 years and have had outstanding results.

Not saying what you have going on is bad, I just thought I heard red wigglers were much better for vermicomposting. Honestly I haven't collected my own compost yet, so I'm just speaking to what I've read not from experience.
Cheers

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Not saying what you have going on is bad, I just thought I heard red wigglers were much better for vermicomposting. Honestly I haven't collected my own compost yet, so I'm just speaking to what I've read not from experience.
Cheers

Oh I know you weren't. Just was sharing :) oh and there are red wigglers in there too. They are everywhere in my compost!!

MGRox

MGRox

@Izzyi2d Suggestions....hmmm. More space to grow in? :p
@Stumpy420 Very nice! Each of your runs are looking better and you can't beat that right?
@BlackSheepOG Nice flower, roots and 'does' phat wurms.

Bit of an update with Veg NPK's. I'm comfortable enough to convey a working formula for long-term no run-off.
This bull was grown in my 16oz cups. Watered once per day, no run-off no flush for about 8 weeks from 2" rooted cut. 4 weeks of that under 40w LED and 4 weeks under 150w vertical hps. No training or trimming. Appx. 6" x 6" grow space lol ( 8 in 24" square).
2 month bull

Bull side root

Bull bottom root

Based on watering daily with no run-0ff:
*Lowering the K value in relation to N virtually eliminated purple stripes and petioles (assuming happy roots and root environment). Note that this is separate from photoinhibition related coloration.

*Lowering the P value in relation to N increased rooting speed and maximum density. Also overall root health.

Starting point for NPK testing was the standard 3-1-2 ratio which virtually all vegetative plant tissues correlate. Note that 3-1-2 ratio, as is referenced, is relating to % weights and NOT ppm ratio. A 3-1-2 ratio in percent is equal to a 100-15-55 NPK ratio in ppms. Those ppm's correspond closely with actual measured uptake values are, relative to N.

--The working formula ATM is: 120-23-90-70-20-22-1 (N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S- Fe).
This has proven to be plentiful if not still excessive P and plentiful amounts of K. There are excesses of Ca,K,P,Mg and S, but I still have to allow for medium CEC. This is for long-term with no-run off required. Testing run-off after 6 weeks averaged 1.8 EC and after 8 weeks averaged 2.1 EC. Not recommended for flower or stretch though.

If anyone is running chemical nutes and would like to see if lowering K:N will lower purpling for them; I highly recommend trying it. There are 2 companies that offer 3-1-2 ratios in the hydro industry. Foliage Pro 9-3-6 (with Fe) @ 4ml per gallon or CNS 17 Grow 3-1-2 (No Fe) @ 14.5ml per gallon.
If anyone is running the standard Veg ratio's used commonly for MJ, you can easily water "a few times" with a 3-1-2 and I bet you will see improvements. Long term, a ratio closer to above would be recommended. *This is based on soilless mediums (coir and/or peat tested)

Sorry for the ramble

Top Bottom