BlackSheepOG

IMG 3461
IMG 3425
IMG 3413
IMG 3394

Doc G

Doc G

i would show pics but my
So first I would ask what caused them to go into flower? Did you cut light time back?
I was going to veg for a week or two in the flower room once. I cut the time from 18 hr to 16 this put the plants into flower. So I just switched to 12/12 ending that experiment.
Typically after plants start flowering you don't want to stress them by topping and the likes. This would increase the chances of hermies and slow down bud production at the least. I would say don't top just some bending and pinching lst.

Thats exactly what happen i started them on 24 hrs for couple days just to push them hard and give time to adjust what was needed.... then cut back 18-6 then 16-8 then 14.5-9.5 i didn't see signs of flower until the 14.5.

Power OG

Power OG

i would show pics but my

Thats exactly what happen i started them on 24 hrs for couple days just to push them hard and give time to adjust what was needed.... then cut back 18-6 then 16-8 then 14.5-9.5 i didn't see signs of flower until the 14.5.
Seems like you mimicking nature your plant is starting to pre flower as your approaching that 12hr mark, so don't top, simply stake and bend, tie down in what I call a upside down L, then switch to flower, bending and tying down will accomplish the same as Topping to control height.

Doc G

Doc G

for sure thanks ill definitely be doing some tying and bending... although a little scared of the bending.... i should be setting up a trellis in the next day or so...deciding between a hanging trellis or just wall to wall....

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So first I would ask what caused them to go into flower? Did you cut light time back?
I was going to veg for a week or two in the flower room once. I cut the time from 18 hr to 16 this put the plants into flower. So I just switched to 12/12 ending that experiment.
Typically after plants start flowering you don't want to stress them by topping and the likes. This would increase the chances of hermies and slow down bud production at the least. I would say don't top just some bending and pinching lst.
I would venture to say that maybe the strain involved signals flower mode at 14.5 hrs. I never drop below 16-18 hrs until I am ready to flower. Just a thought. So many variables without knowing all the specifics. In closing I think 14.5 in veg in cutting it thin tho. :) I'm wondering if the veg period was initially longer like 16 or longer and then dude cut it to 14.5 that may have signaled fall coming. Hell who knows

Dohhhhh I just read that it was a diminshing light schedule. Sorry all should read before I post. :)

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
for sure thanks ill definitely be doing some tying and bending... although a little scared of the bending.... i should be setting up a trellis in the next day or so...deciding between a hanging trellis or just wall to wall....
Dont be scared bro. They take to bending and lst way better than topping once flower has set in. Been bending flowers for decades, no ill effect. Lay and splay them bitches down homey!!!!! I spread em like a looozzzziana hooker at mardi gras :cool:

DSCN1395

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Heres a old pic of a strain I popped a few more of today. Huge producer. To give some perspective that picture on the wall behind her is 12" across. Called her "Phat Gurl" pheno

View attachment 653408

Different strain very frosty tho.
View attachment 653406 View attachment 653407
Holy fukkn shit batman, is that my brutha from anotha @Power OG How thangs down in the swamps bro??? Damn dude I been pissed as hell at you. Dont make me come down there and kick your azz. And no you cant hide I aint scared of no gators and I know them swamps pretty good. When folks online go awol you just never know if they got popped, or hurt or dead. Damn good to see you!

You just made my Xmas bro. Good to see you and heres a hearty Cactus hug and hope you and your are well man!!!!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You just made my Xmas bro. Good to see you and heres a hearty Cactus hug and hope you and your are well man!!!!

Don't ever hug a cactus. Especially a jumping-cholla. (@jumpincactus ) It will getchya good :p

Dont be scared bro. They take to bending and lst way better than topping once flower has set in. Been bending flowers for decades, no ill effect. Lay and splay them bitches down homey!!!!! I spread em like a looozzzziana hooker at mardi gras :cool:

View attachment 654465
Yo "jumpin-cholla" you're not even a cactus that jumps lol.

I got a couple beastly ladies I'm working on. That one on the 3 gallon pot (#2) I plan on being a giant. She's going in my 10 gallon pot.

Downloadfile
Downloadfile 1
Downloadfile 2

The #2 in the 3 gallon pot will be trained to fill the micro tent.

Show you how to lay em out flat.
Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Power OG

Power OG

Holy fukkn shit batman, is that my brutha from anotha @Power OG How thangs down in the swamps bro??? Damn dude I been pissed as hell at you. Dont make me come down there and kick your azz. And no you cant hide I aint scared of no gators and I know them swamps pretty good. When folks online go awol you just never know if they got popped, or hurt or dead. Damn good to see you!

You can always find me on IG bro, but yes I'm back on the board, should have exciting year of growing to share, and I'm glad to see all of you and jumping my man you know, we go back, you my potner. Lol

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey @rmoltis that EcoXGear Boulder is the cats meow. That thing will rock the jobsite and prolly the one next door too!!!!!! Very impressive to say the least on the sound level and tonal quality. The only downside I find is there isnt a EQ or any way to tailor bass/treble levels. But overall the build/fit and finish is top notch. Completely water proof, rugged. Dewalts job radio isnt even in the same league and I scored the Eco for 30 less than the dewalt.

Thank you so much for the hookup. Now returning your TV to the regularly scheduled program on cannabis!!!!!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey @rmoltis that EcoXGear Boulder is the cats meow. That thing will rock the jobsite and prolly the one next door too!!!!!! Very impressive to say the least on the sound level and tonal quality. The only downside I find is there isnt a EQ or any way to tailor bass/treble levels. But overall the build/fit and finish is top notch. Completely water proof, rugged. Dewalts job radio isnt even in the same league and I scored the Eco for 30 less than the dewalt.

Thank you so much for the hookup. Now returning your TV to the regularly scheduled program on cannabis!!!!!

No problem chief hope you enjoy it.
It is awesome as shit. I felt bad for you when I heard you bought that Dewalt radio. But now all is well.

That thing gets stupid loud I still can't believe it.

If you use your smartphone for bluetooth you can use the eq built into settings. If you've got an ipod plugged in its got Eq too you can set.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Merry Christmas to all my farmers still around! Hope you all have a great day!
IMG 3440

Top Bottom