tobh goes swimming Dutch style

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Quick pic, they don't see to care I cut off their toes last night. Need to get em back under the screen... growth rates are crazy. Still showing signs of calmag def, but it's not significant enough for me to care.

PXL 20201231 005029390

tobh

tobh

Supporter
that's a nice bokay of flowers
almost. was hoping to flip on the 1st, but due to last night's escapade I'm debating delaying it. Waiting for signs of stress but, obviously I'm not seeing any other than the goddamn deficiency that's been ongoing for... a month? dunno. flip can't come soon enough. this is getting to be a ton of maintenance i wasn't prepared for.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Looking at dehumidifiers. Them stimulus checks are rollin out, so figure I'll stimulate bezomazon and get a desperately needed piece of equipment. RH has been hitting 85%, and the only way for me to get it down is to crank up the fans, which then drops temps to the low 70s, so my VPD is going all kinds of fucky.

4x4x6 tent, thinking a unit like this would be a great investment and I could use the captured water to top off the res as needed. Thoughts?

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Looking at dehumidifiers. Them stimulus checks are rollin out, so figure I'll stimulate bezomazon and get a desperately needed piece of equipment. RH has been hitting 85%, and the only way for me to get it down is to crank up the fans, which then drops temps to the low 70s, so my VPD is going all kinds of fucky.

4x4x6 tent, thinking a unit like this would be a great investment and I could use the captured water to top off the res as needed. Thoughts?
Go big or go home right? Like the idea if recycling the h2o👍

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'd rather have a large enough unit that might be slightly excessive, and performs well, than have a unit that's undersized and end up continuing to struggle. Plus, if it's future proofed for when I can finally build a room in my shed, then why not 😎

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ok, so in preparation for approaching flower, I'm looking to develop my plan of action. Since the ladies have just kept on keepin on (including drinking over 3 gallons a day), I'm thinking I can proceed with flip tomorrow. With flipping to flower, I'll be using MOAB as my PK booster. Per the label, it recommends running it the first week to help set flower, and the final two weeks before flush (won't be flushing, never have never will).

With its potency, it recommends halfing base nutes to accommodate for the insane PK levels. Given I don't want to introduce deficiencies since the two part system I use is pretty well rounded, what's the recommendation here? Should I run MOAB at 1/2 strength and keep with 75% of my base feed?

Obviously I'll be measuring PPMs, I'm not gonna run off and cook the girls. But, a week at the start of flower with 50% base feed seems counter-intuitive.

For reference, MOAB is 0-52-32. Based on the math I did, it recommends 6.75g/5gal. That's 1.35g/1gal, and for my res volume, 12.15g/9gal.

Currently, I feed part A at 31.5g/9gal, and part B at 29.7g/9gal, which sets PPMs at ~800, not accounting for silica which makes up roughly 25-50ppm.

Any input?

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Ok, so in preparation for approaching flower, I'm looking to develop my plan of action. Since the ladies have just kept on keepin on (including drinking over 3 gallons a day), I'm thinking I can proceed with flip tomorrow. With flipping to flower, I'll be using MOAB as my PK booster. Per the label, it recommends running it the first week to help set flower, and the final two weeks before flush (won't be flushing, never have never will).

With its potency, it recommends halfing base nutes to accommodate for the insane PK levels. Given I don't want to introduce deficiencies since the two part system I use is pretty well rounded, what's the recommendation here? Should I run MOAB at 1/2 strength and keep with 75% of my base feed?

Obviously I'll be measuring PPMs, I'm not gonna run off and cook the girls. But, a week at the start of flower with 50% base feed seems counter-intuitive.

For reference, MOAB is 0-52-32. Based on the math I did, it recommends 6.75g/5gal. That's 1.35g/1gal, and for my res volume, 12.15g/9gal.

Currently, I feed part A at 31.5g/9gal, and part B at 29.7g/9gal, which sets PPMs at ~800, not accounting for silica which makes up roughly 25-50ppm.

Any input?
I keep my ppm between 400 and 550. Still managed to get nitrogen toxicity 😬 wish I could help you there brother.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah they bouce back fast... sometimes even an explosion of growth after.
no shit. it's been two days, and they've decided to go topside with a vengeance again. I don't think I'm going to have any choice but to top again to get the canopy level before flower. Otherwise, imma end up with baseball bats up above the lights.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Gonna need probably a minimum of 30 pint a day and I would say go with 70 to make sure your covered.
That's why I'm lookin at the big boys. Anything less than 70pint a day isn't gonna cut it in my configuration. I don't even want to think what the high humidity/temps are doing to the servers that share the room with the tent. Gotta get it under control now before I'm hitting 90% at lights out again.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

That's why I'm lookin at the big boys. Anything less than 70pint a day isn't gonna cut it in my configuration. I don't even want to think what the high humidity/temps are doing to the servers that share the room with the tent. Gotta get it under control now before I'm hitting 90% at lights out again.
Sounds like a plan man. They look absolutely fantastic! Plants that are too big are a good problem to have... I need problems like that!😂

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sounds like a plan man. They look absolutely fantastic! Plants that are too big are a good problem to have... I need problems like that!😂
it's not that they're too big, it's that they're too big in the wrong direction lol. If i had to guesstimate, I would guess there's gotta be 75-100 tops in there right now. It's dumb. My ol lady is gonna earn her keep come harvest.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
ok.. behind schedule. Doing the flower res change out today, and flipping today. My brother came up yesterday and we did a couple hundred mile ride around Portland. Instead of explaining all the details about what I'm doing, I just let the girls ride without attention yesterday. Not the best idea... Res was low enough the pumps couldn't pick up anything. Girls don't see to care. having explosive growth already, gonna have to give em a hair cut today too just to keep the canopy in some semblance of order.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ok, that was a complete pain in the ass. Luckily, should be the last time this run. After nearly 3gal bucket full of cuts, ~12 clones, and one plant sized clone, things are looking "managed" again. This was painful, for sure. But, I think it's for the benefit of the plants in there, and for my sanity.

Feed today is 50% base nutes, For MOAB, 16.2g to 12 gal solution. No hydroguard as I'm sure the cultures that are present in the roots will be just fine. Final pH of 5.9.

Edit: @Aqua Man think I went overboard? These pics are scary lookin lol

PXL 20210101 012806560

PXL 20210101 012813299

PXL 20210102 221013229MP

PXL 20210103 011422701

PXL 20210103 012534750

PXL 20210103 012541430MP

PXL 20210103 013025573

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sexy stalk pic, because who don't love big stalked bishes 🤣

Edit: and no, that bic ain't leaned out. That's resting on the stalk. Took a goddamn minute to get it to stay put too, there's not much left of the rockwool on that corner lol

PXL 20210103 021902840
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

I've seen some impressive pics of plants heavily defoliated, very interested to see how they develop... I've got some trimming to do of my own. 👍

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I've seen some impressive pics of plants heavily defoliated, very interested to see how they develop... I've got some trimming to do of my own. 👍
Honestly, I'm a bit scared lol. I identified pretty much every single growth point that will be producing flower at this point. I'm anticipated a carpet of flowers at this point. It's gonna be get hectic in the next few weeks.

Top Bottom