Today I received some spider mites, any advice?

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

Today i came across some purple kush clones(sadly infested with spider mites). Normally I would pass on cuttings in this situation but I just couldn't this time around.

I have never dealt with spider mites in an indoor situation, (outdoors on my non cannabis plants I have used Dices spray reciepe to keep them moving on).

Now its pretty common sense I do not want to introduce the clones into the veg room..

at the moment I do not have any of the common miticides(forbid, avid, floramite,etc..

Any recomendations?

would rinsing the leaves on a daily basis for three weeks, each time gently rubing the leaves/stem between my fingers, and sprays with neem be sufficent to erradicate these little buggers?

Or am I living in a dream world thinking this might take care of the problem

(my logic being it is such a small surface area.
obviously this wouldnt work on a plant as the surface area would be to much to get all the nooks and such...

any advice would be appreciated... thanks

sky high

sky high

Go to ebay and order those 3 chems you listed above. Folks break em down and sell small amounts of alll 3 for $30-40.

til then....mix a solution of 50/50% of 91% rubbing alcohol and water and blast the fuck out of em

keep em away from your grow......on the patio....outside in the shade/etc.... and if you don't go for the chems...trash em. Not worth an infestation, IMO.

good luck

s h

A

amstercal

I take it you're trying to not go nuclear? I've gotten rid of them with safers soap before. Maybe rotate the neem with safers? the neem might work but it my experience they sometimes build an immunity quickly if it's just one thing. Resilient bastards. Definitely go at least a couple of weeks with no signs before you move them over. They love the hibernation.

M

MediMary

edit again, Shit I can't read today

well If its the only way then I will def go nuclar, but if it can be avoided I would prefer skipping it truthfully.
Some of the stuff looks rather costly and sorta dangerous as well.
*edit*
snap, I totally missed your post SH, shit thats some great advice too..
should I order all three or just one of them?

fuck Im so ripped I misread your post both times I read it... :D
its all three products..

this is why I took the cuttings, the bud was fuckin so fire it blew my mind... I feel like a lightweight tokin.

I do have the safer brand spray.

could also do the alcohol and water as well...
probably will stack the lower grade treatments(neem, alcohol etc...)
if you guys think that will help in erradicating them until the nukes arrive?

thank to all three of yah for the input!

sky high

sky high

Trust me, bro. >>>>>Nuke em til they glow<<<<

you are so EARLY in the game....just take the necessary precautions with the chems and BLAST EM and BE DONE WITH IT.

I got 6 clones in 1991 of some KILLER pot and I battled those son-of-a-bitches with every Dr.Bronner soap/nicotine/garlic/neem/pyrethin remedy I could find.....

and as a result I had the fuckers in house for over 10 years! I'd THINK I got em...they'd be absent a cycle or two...then BAM...back again. This was back before the Net and before I shared anything or told anyone I grew so I wasn't sharing them..they were just taking small VACATIONS.

really..if you want that clone and eveything else you now have to be free of em....just use caution and go for the big guns. with 6" or smaller plants you will END it. Fuckin with >other< stuff you'll end up in FLOWER with a 3 ft'er and THEN you'll see em comin on strong.... and then there's nothin you can really do....

"CRUSH---KILL---DESTROY!"

get on it YESTERDAY..... ;-)

A

amstercal

Perhaps some insect expert can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the water/alcohol or any cold water will just put them into hibernation, completely great if you're in flower and just want to make it to the end without spraying chemicals on your flowers. Hibernation not so great for trying to eradicate them.

sky high

sky high

All 3 of em will come in a small manila envelope. I got mine for $35....ebay.

No signs of life..... NONE. Never even touched the Avid or forbid..... but have always been ready if needed.....

good luck bro!

s h

M

MediMary

Ok Im sold, going to ebay right now.
fuck these little things thats such shitzen they can go into hibernaton... thats some nuts shit right there... glad I asked... thanks guys.

A

amstercal

I agree though if you don't mind going nuclear, just get the flormaite. The bitches are so freaking persistent. They can still come back, but they are retarded when they do and another application should do it.

M

MediMary

ill post up in here when I get the package in hand in a couple days.

will do the safer and alcohol treatments till the stuff gets here...

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Isolate them in an area with some hot shots no pest strips for about a week, that will break the reproductive cycle. After that foliar feed them with a low dose seaweed / humic acid foliar to help the plant repair from the spidermite damage and you should be ok. Or foliar them with some hygrozyme LMAO cause that shit will fix anything

A

amstercal

He he, MrGC. Now there will probably be a post here and several pm's admonishing us for not getting the point.

Where are you Medi? I saw someone use a No Pest Strip in SoCal and they were crawling on the damn thing. I guess the local SoCal ones are already immune, something to do with local pesticide/farming practices. Also, it's dangerous for you to be in an enclosed space with the strips. SoCal mites are their own breed. Bastards.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Azamax works for me. Its no joke when these lil bastards get going. Hope your stuff comes in soon!

No pest strips do not work at all for mites.

fred

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Damn you guys in Cali must have some super bred mites that have radioactive cells, I never have a problem with the strips but then again I am tucked away in a little corner of the country about 20 miles to the closest house and I don't share genetics that often ... I have been blessed because all the cuts I have gotten have been mite free.

M

MediMary

He he, MrGC. Now there will probably be a post here and several pm's admonishing us for not getting the point.

Where are you Medi? I saw someone use a No Pest Strip in SoCal and they were crawling on the damn thing. I guess the local SoCal ones are already immune, something to do with local pesticide/farming practices. Also, it's dangerous for you to be in an enclosed space with the strips. SoCal mites are their own breed. Bastards.

New Mexico here,
I don't think(well i hope) we don't have the terminator mites like you guys, LOL...

I do have mites outside on some of my plants(basil, strawberries, etc.) and I use a natural spray which controlls them pretty well, but its outdoors so Im sure they just move to another plant that havn't been sprayed down. Indoors in a room with only marijuana plants, they wouldnt have anywhere they could move along too.

A

amstercal

Yes, between local (although getting less local all the time) farming and just the general wonderful climate for the bastards, I've heard bug people say we have a whole variety of them designed to take out any variety of plants and we keep spraying them so they are ultra resistant to anything. Pretty much all the usual mj bugs and pm just thrive here. Well, gotta pay for the sunshine somehow. :-)
Yeah, azamax rocks too. Really the neem and safers should be good until the floramite arrives.

A

amstercal

We keep posting at the same time, Medi. Those bastards will happily go live in your carpet, your carbon filters, anything, once they are done building webs over all your plants.

Top Bottom