Toquer's Grow

• Thread starter toquer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
it's the same bulb. dpap hanging mechanism along with epap SE 600's hanging mechanism are completely idiotic. Gavita has hands down the best system especially when it comes to replacing the reflector, but they do not have a 315 cmh fixture yet I don't think.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Killer thread Toquer lots of great info in here bro thanks for sharing!

Billyboat

Billyboat

it's the same bulb. dpap hanging mechanism along with epap SE 600's hanging mechanism are completely idiotic. Gavita has hands down the best system especially when it comes to replacing the reflector, but they do not have a 315 cmh fixture yet I don't think.

Same bulb I know. The epap has the bulb horz and the sun system has the bulb vertical within the reflector.

I have both so I'm gonna find out which, if any, difference between the two.

B

Burned Haze

I def have to say your grow is very well organized canopy by the looks and the choice of hood/reflector is making your thread A+ , I Def want to try heavy 16 if I keep seeing all these online grows ( using soul synthetic right now , roots previous)

Thank you for effort and putting up pictures and updates! Keep it up , Subscribed ;)

-BH

T

toquer

it's the same bulb. dpap hanging mechanism along with epap SE 600's hanging mechanism are completely idiotic. Gavita has hands down the best system...
So I picked up 4 epap 600's. Tried to hang them. Getting 4 Gavita's tomorrow as an exchange. Wow what a dumb mechanism. They might work in a grow tent with some good AC. Has a ton a light blasting out the side. Not great for a room of 16 of them. Has more side light than down light.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
the epap 600 works awesome over a 3x6 bed.

T

toquer

My walls are brighter than the tray. Height doesn't change this for me. Neither does orientation. Just blasts light on the other walls then.

T

toquer

Trichome Tea...
okay so i'm working on this, it'll be a bit until it's complete and will likely change a lot, but i'm hoping to get some input from peoples...
10gal RO
2TBS Earth Juice - Hi-Brix Molasses
2TBS GrowMore Nutrients - Mendocino Honey
2TBS Progress Earth - Earth Kelp
2TBS Humboldt County's Own - SnowStorm
2TBS Humboldt County's Own - Magnum
2TBS Humboldt Nutrients - FlavorFul

These are all things that are leftover at the current moment.
Hi-Brix molasses 0-0-3 (molasses)
Mendocino Honey 0.46-0.26-1.86 (molasses, yucca extract, yucca schidigera, seaweed extract, montmorillonite)
Earth Kelp 0-0-0.6 (Ascophyllum Nodosum & Ecklonia Maxima extracts)
SnowStorm 0-0-3 (they say KOH, but it's got tricotinol)
Magnum 0-0-0 2%Mg 2%S-0.1vitamin B1 (they say MgSO4)
FlavorFul 0-0-0 8% Humic Acid

So any thoughts on the mix? pH starts in the mid 6's and swings to 7.3 by the morning when it's ready for feeding. I let it brew perpetually and add back the same amount.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I personally would go a lot easier on the kelp, since you've got two sources, and especially since another one of those ferts has triacontanol. That's a lotta messin' with the hormones.

T

toquer

Trichome Tea...
okay so i'm working on this, it'll be a bit until it's complete and will likely change a lot, but i'm hoping to get some input from peoples...
10gal RO
2TBS Earth Juice - Hi-Brix Molasses
2TBS GrowMore Nutrients - Mendocino Honey
2TBS Progress Earth - Earth Kelp
2TBS Humboldt County's Own - SnowStorm
2TBS Humboldt County's Own - Magnum
2TBS Humboldt Nutrients - FlavorFul

These are all things that are leftover at the current moment.
Hi-Brix molasses 0-0-3 (molasses)
Mendocino Honey 0.46-0.26-1.86 (molasses, yucca extract, yucca schidigera, seaweed extract, montmorillonite)
Earth Kelp 0-0-0.6 (Ascophyllum Nodosum & Ecklonia Maxima extracts)
SnowStorm 0-0-3 (they say KOH, but it's got tricotinol)
Magnum 0-0-0 2%Mg 2%S-0.1vitamin B1 (they say MgSO4)
FlavorFul 0-0-0 8% Humic Acid

So any thoughts on the mix? pH starts in the mid 6's and swings to 7.3 by the morning when it's ready for feeding. I let it brew perpetually and add back the same amount.
Just realized ppm is important. About 300 on the 700 scale. I'll post EC tomorrow.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Once I saw what molasses does to EC readings, I stopped. Well, after hitting up some science-y friends about what kind of equipment would accurately measure density of organic compounds an aqueous solution, and the response was, "what molecules do you want to measure?" At that point, I got the fuckits. I measure using a spoon and my eye. :eek:

Mmm..! MOLASSES!! Yummeh!

T

toquer

I personally would go a lot easier on the kelp, since you've got two sources, and especially since another one of those ferts has triacontanol. That's a lotta messin' with the hormones.
Ok I'll leave out the progress earth kelp. It's actually used in the vortex brewer so they get it up to week 7 there. The trichrome tea is really for the last 2 weeks instead of the vortex brew. The vortex brew has a lot of WIN from the earthworm casting and that's no good in my opinion for the last 2 weeks.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Wow toquer what a read mang! Im def buying some cmh's that will fit my 3 x 3 x 7 foot tents. Maybe one day ill be blessed with a building on par with your but until'then im content learning/reading these threads of pure brain juice! The tea looks ok to me but alas im a bat guanos /they got hot/ and home n-p-k via my compost bin, that i use in my tea's. Gotta admit those damn worms i bought are one of the best investments ive made! Free plant food whenever i need it!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
My walls are brighter than the tray. Height doesn't change this for me. Neither does orientation. Just blasts light on the other walls then.

Yeah but this light will bounce back on the plants, hitting them at new angles that they don't always receive. You can also take advantage and go vert on the walls to increase yield per sq. ft.

T

toquer

Being trimmed today will be available at LA's Most Wanted collective in a few weeks.
IMG 20140815 093324

T

toquer

And a few updated shots of the flower room. A bunch of changes. All plants now off the floor in trays. One set with drip trays for each individual plant. Testing something. Only 8 of 16 lights changed. The other 8 are on the shop floor. Thank you to @GR33NL3AF for hooking me up with those 6/750's!! Loving them. They will be hung this weekend.
1408121142591 1408121180953 1408121334868 1408121390905 1408121426879

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

And a few updated shots of the flower room. A bunch of changes. All plants now off the floor in trays. One set with drip trays for each individual plant. Testing something. Only 8 of 16 lights changed. The other 8 are on the shop floor. Thank you to @GR33NL3AF for hooking me up with those 6/750's!! Loving them. They will be hung this weekend.
View attachment 432907 View attachment 432910 View attachment 432912 View attachment 432913 View attachment 432915
Looks Awesome Toquer! Glad I could help.... I'll stay tuned!

Top Bottom