Total N-P-K TDS PPM Spreadsheet

• Thread starter fiftythree33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fiftythree33

Got sick of tips curling and not knowing why so I spent about an hour figuring this out last night. Should have done this sooner. I've surfed some grow forums and not seen this sort of info maybe I missed it...

The calculations are from this site
So I have no idea about the accuracy of the numbers but the spreadsheet matches and the lucas numbers are from the same calc. At least now when I add a new bottle of "THEBESTPLANTCRAPEVAR!!1!" I can quickly see the effect on my NPK levels.

Is this useful, accurate, or maybe already out there in better form? Should I be matching my A and B program to the NPK ranges of the Lucas formula as a base starting gound? I'd like to add some other elements to this to keep track of potential toxicity levels but that'll take me a bit. For now I'm off to the hydro store for some P that doesn't touch my N or K ;)

Sorry for the zip can't attach xls and this is Office 2007.

:bong-hits:

View attachment Total N-P-K TDS PPM Calc.zip
F

fiftythree33

I ended up rediscovering this link in my favorites, I'm sure must of you have read it... Cannastats Calc

I've made a new spreadsheet to help me with mixing a new res and dialing in NPK levels. Also used this to calc my res cost... This one is a bit more manual, you have to transfer the values from the calc for each nute product.

Guess I kinda knew about this all along just hadn't put two and two together until it was almost to late :)

If you don't like the zip I am more than happy to email you a excel .xls file...

View attachment Nute Mix Calc.zip
M

Motherhugger

Huh, interesting stuff.

I'm a little squeamish, I have to admit, about a chart telling me what my plants are supposed to do. From my experience, it seems like plants just aren't as predictable as we'd like them to be. LOL

I think you need to make sure that you rely on your own personal observations too, more than what the numbers say.

Plants are strange like that, you know.

F

fiftythree33

Isn't that what every feed chart is trying to tell you? If you want to try a new brand of nutrient do you just blindly follow the directions on the bottle? If your leaf tips then start to curl do you know if its a Nitrogen, Phosphorus or Calcium issue? That chart has two different growers schedules on it and they are only trying to show a comparison to the Lucas formula.

I agree that you have to pay attention to your plants and make adjustments but I'm wondering what you base your adjustments on? If you're just increasing/decreasing mL and watching TDS PPM without knowing what contents make up that total how do you know that you're not just creating a new problem? How do you know that you actually solved the problem with what you thought it needed or just happened to add/remove something else? Just seems to me like a lot of guess work going on...

I still have a lot to learn and hopefully the time left I need to learn it but right now my plants look great and I'm at ease with what is floating around in my res.

R

REGISTRD

FIfty your on the right path know theres Lots more info on this in the ADVANCED TECHNIQES SECTION> head over there start soaking it up...

PH spreadsheet is invaluable Imo.. Yes you can resave it into all your week formulations just like you said so that you have a Base to make adjustments...
And also were going off the Guaranteed analaysis so who really knows how close the numbers really are so yes you set a base and start experimenting....

F

fiftythree33

Thanks Registrd I appreciate it... see you over there :)

Top Bottom