Transplant before mainline training?

• Thread starter StalkerAF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Deaner

Yeah I’m actually pretty stoked on how they are looking for my first time trying this…second real grow honestly haha! I did get some tomato rings but after seeing how MikeDin built his on the above photos, I kind of like that method.

Definitely focusing on the environment currently in the new room and will switch it up some as I head into flower next week.

Current environment
Temp 84-87
Humid 65-70
Ppfd 750-900… can go much higher
Co2 800-1000 ppm
Ventilation on the heavy side closed loop
Small UVB light doses to help with any bacterial growth because of the high humidity and heat. In theory of course…
Ya the trellis that MikeDin belt looks pretty cool for training , just not sure if it's going to have enough strength to support once them Bud start to fill out. Of course it's up to you but check this picture out of my Wedding crasher and the size of the colas it was definitely helpful to have that tomato cage. I just hate to see it go sideways on you. It will definitely need support we will need to put sticks or something.

D

Deaner

Ya the trellis that MikeDin belt looks pretty cool for training , just not sure if it's going to have enough strength to support once them Bud start to fill out. Of course it's up to you but check this picture out of my Wedding crasher and the size of the colas it was definitely helpful to have that tomato cage. I just hate to see it go sideways on you. It will definitely need support we will need to put sticks or something.

D

Deaner

Yeah I’m actually pretty stoked on how they are looking for my first time trying this…second real grow honestly haha! I did get some tomato rings but after seeing how MikeDin built his on the above photos, I kind of like that method.

Definitely focusing on the environment currently in the new room and will switch it up some as I head into flower next week.

Current environment
Temp 84-87
Humid 65-70
Ppfd 750-900… can go much higher
Co2 800-1000 ppm
Ventilation on the heavy side closed loop
Small UVB light doses to help with any bacterial growth because of the high humidity and heat. In theory of course…
Also mikedin says that he will flower under a scrog net so that should be his support for winning flowers. 😉

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Quick update:

Overall plants seems to be doing great and believe I will switch to flower schedule tonight as I have started blooming dry amendments feeding this morning and fear they might get too tall.

There is one plant that doesn’t have consistent leave colors compared to the other two. They all have been on the same feeding schedule so I’m working on determining if the is a nutrient deficiency. Let me know if you recognize anything?

63A58DB6 1764 42E2 870E CE8ACB6B1531
740B8DD5 3EE2 468D B583 3018D31B9BB3
C1531B65 5F2B 49B9 89FF 886130B53DEC
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Also mikedin says that he will flower under a scrog net so that should be his support for winning flowers. 😉
I going to attempt not to use a net in hopes that I can manage with different type of support system if needed…most likely needed haha

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Quick update:

Overall plants seems to be doing great and believe I will switch to flower schedule tonight as I have started blooming dry amendments feeding this morning and fear they might get too tall.

There is one plant that doesn’t have consistent leave colors compared to the other two. They all have been on the same feeding schedule so I’m working on determining if the is a nutrient deficiency. Let me know if you recognize anything?
Looking like a cal mag deficiency maybe. The amendments I used this morning did have cal mag in it so maybe that will help over the next couple of days.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Week one flower update:

All looks good except for the 3rd plant which does not have consistent color leaves but seems to be healthy. Still have determined if it is a cal mag deficiency but recent feeding should address that if that’s what it is of course…also was considering light stress but light ppfd are below 900 over that plant which is getting 1000 ppm co2. Will continue to monitor.

Definitely have learned a lot on this mainlining adventure and can’t wait for the next round to experiment. Next round I will only do 2 or 1 massive cola plants and probably do 2 main shoots and build off those. My current situation seems to getting very dense and having issues spreading the colas out like I want to. I am still bending and LST training in hopes that they will spread out some but of course I’m running lot of space. First would problems.

Will update again. Let me know if you have anything ideas about the miss colored leaves. Thanks

5FB03E6D 8747 432E 8745 192A944A086E
0C6C563B 3F24 4D2E 861F A08D9C634909
F82C6293 7443 4F4C AD2E C0F87680F6E7
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Another quick update: flower week 2

Officially into flower mode and I’m getting concerned about the height levels for the canopy as it grows. I’m using a HLG 650r which likes to be around 30” when flowering. Height levels are around 30” currently and I would imagine the plants will still grow another 12” over the next 3-4 weeks…definitely going to be a challenge.

I can gain 4-8 more inches with some mods to the light cables so that will be my next project mod. I will be heavily monitoring the ppfd levels and adjusting light intensity as needed. Glad I am running co2 because really don’t think it would be able to pull this one off without.

BA5E175C E2B7 49F7 B7FC 3B114BDAA52A
711C1306 EB5B 4241 AC2B 0E181E0689C2
A5AC9205 AFB0 4612 B5F3 F1C76069AFD2
D

Deaner

Another quick update: flower week 2

Officially into flower mode and I’m getting concerned about the height levels for the canopy as it grows. I’m using a HLG 650r which likes to be around 30” when flowering. Height levels are around 30” currently and I would imagine the plants will still grow another 12” over the next 3-4 weeks…definitely going to be a challenge.

I can gain 4-8 more inches with some mods to the light cables so that will be my next project mod. I will be heavily monitoring the ppfd levels and adjusting light intensity as needed. Glad I am running co2 because really don’t think it would be able to pull this one off without.
Nice job, your girls look fine.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

I can't wait to see your next update, your plants are 🔥
Thanks Deaner, they’re on wk 5 flower and starting to get potent. Leave coloring is not looking great on one and pulled a few dying leaves this morning. Still seem to be doing good. Having a difficult time battling the add normal heat weaves we are seeing high in the mountains. Still around 90-92 degrees with the light on…making me nervous

9ACC1D6C 992E 4CF2 BA25 3CD853E04C76
1120771E 8534 454D 8080 C0790CE90B44
0424631F C66A 4EF6 8561 DDA5ACB24657
C0022164 D520 40F4 8100 94ACD6531A36
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Plants look great!!! They are handling the heat.

That discoloration looks like a classic magnesium deficiency.

Cal/Mag or magnesium sulphate would help

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

thanks
Plants look great!!! They are handling the heat.

That discoloration looks like a classic magnesium deficiency.

Cal/Mag or magnesium sulphate would help
Thank you, I will look into that. I decided to skip a feeding yesterday and just used pure water without top dressing. I do have some cal/mag that I will add this week.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

So I’m still 4-5 weeks out from harvest I’m guessing. I did add
thanks

Thank you, I will look into that. I decided to skip a feeding yesterday and just used pure water without top dressing. I do have some cal/mag that I will add this week.

Haven’t see the plants in two days and this is what I saw as of this morning. Lots of yelling leaves and multiple dead leaves falling from the plants. I add cal/mag and got a good watering on them this morning, probably won’t notice anything for 3-5 days. Plants are roughly 4-5 weeks out from harvest I’m guessing so I would it expect to see this many leaves dying off this soon. Any advice on what going on?

I skip a feeding this past week and have only watered pure h2o twice which is their normal routine.

Thanks

97A94964 3E2A 41B2 88ED 1205684D472F
EA638E01 B875 492E A9DF B6959EAF649F
92BDCBFB F078 4084 A30C B366AA990527
3613AD1D 886E 4F1D 8D33 B15354F216C1
036F7821 26C3 42CB BF7E FE380FF78AA1
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
For future knowledge... you can transplant in middle of topping for mainline... I had timing where I needed to transplant after my 2nd topping but before my 3rd... if that happens just wait 3 days after transplanting to top again... transplants usually "shock for 3 days"

Check out my grow diary and you will see it had almost no impact... maybe stalling the final topping for a few days but nothing to worry about mate!

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

I tried but could not seem to clear up the problem causing the leaf coloring so I’m now just focusing on finishing out and what the buds look like. I’m pretty happy with how the quality of the coals look like and they seem to be very pungent. Probably another 2-4 weeks until they get cut down!

Sure wish I could have figured out what happen sooner before the colas started to form…always next time.

Thanks for everyone help on this and getting ready for the next round.

IMG 1024
IMG 1021
IMG 1004
D

Deaner

I tried but could not seem to clear up the problem causing the leaf coloring so I’m now just focusing on finishing out and what the buds look like. I’m pretty happy with how the quality of the coals look like and they seem to be very pungent. Probably another 2-4 weeks until they get cut down!

Sure wish I could have figured out what happen sooner before the colas started to form…always next time.

Thanks for everyone help on this and getting ready for the next round.
What a fantastic job, you're going to knock it out of the park next time.😃

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

What a fantastic job, you're going to knock it out of the park next time.😃
Thanks Deaner. Already looking forward to the next round.

Overall I do like the mainline method that I tried with the 8 main colas. I used silica early in the grow phase which helped beef up the stems and actually allowed me to not use any trellis netting. One thing I did learn for next time is to lollipop before I switch to flower. I did minimal lollipoping and discovered it was not enough way too deep into the flowering stage. All is good though

Top Bottom