Trees and Aero

• Thread starter tree farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tree farmer

the bios are just a backup that i have if my air pressure should be lost for one reason or another then a pressure switch senses the loss of air and switches the unit over to the 2 bios so i dont have crisp roots. works great for backup with AA.

A

andrew

BTW critical mass strain from mr.nice guy sedd co. should help you get the 3-4 lbrs your looking for;)

T

Trichy Bastard

the bios are just a backup that i have if my air pressure should be lost for one reason or another then a pressure switch senses the loss of air and switches the unit over to the 2 bios so i dont have crisp roots. works great for backup with AA.

Nice man- you are always methodical and your builds are top-notch... I like the backup feature.

I started getting some whispy white roots with .4sec/4.5min timings, you think I should dial back further and try for hairs, or let the roots establish a little first? (It was a soil potted clone I transferred to my aero chamber as a sort of test, there are only 4 little white roots poking out of the bottom of the netpot 1/4" or so tonight)... BTW, my ppm is 160 on the .7 scale (.33e/c)- you think that'll be ok for a while?

T

tree farmer

id just concentrate on getting some nice white roots with some laterals(fishbones) coming off them and then when you have an established root system that isnt so fragile then you can worry about dialing it closer to get the finer root hairs. most people cant even get white healthy roots that arent all brown and corded up let alone fine root hairs so im all for establishinging a nice white healthy root system then dialing it in to get some feathers coming off. its easier to notice changes with some root mass.

the 160 ppm should be ok. i have never went above 600-700 ppm (.5 scale)on DTW HP aero and have had some fairly large plants that were healthy. its really strain dependant. if i see problems i always decrease the ppm for a while and if that doesnt work then i start going the other way (up). usually you find what makes them happy eventually.

i cant say for sure but without some cooler root temps it might be hard to get some nice HPA roots. my best looking roots have always been when i could keep the chamber temps 72 or lower.

i hope to get back to some aero testing soon as i finally finished a 6 month long project building my own power generating station. got tired of not being able to plug in what i wanted when i wanted.

T

Trichy Bastard

Thanks, sounds like solid advice to me... Lucky winter is coming and I should have average daily temps in the 70's and 80's for a while rather than the 90s. It'll give me a break and let me have a few months to figure out the best way to tackle insulation and possibly cooling the nutes. I do have a chiller, but I'm hoping to not use much electricity if possible. Atomizer had an idea to possibly set the chiller to only come on around pump time, and then insulate the accumulator, so that's not too bad an idea, just need to figure a way to have the chiller come on slightly before the pump. Is it true the pod will track the nute temps that closely, I can't imagine with such little spray it could make a huge difference? Congrats on being your own grid man..!

D

dank_

Excellent system there. True aeroponics. Lovely fuzzy roots. What kind of system is that and how can I get it???

L

legitfrog

hp aero systems

have you heard of any on the market? a lot of people do diy systems and tf has some of the coolest looking fuzzy roots i've ever seen!

Latest posts

Top Bottom