• Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donkdbz

Still trying to break the 2# plant mark

anyways here are my girls 3'-3'6"tall 4'wide

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4384.JPG

got fckning roots aphids. so blasted em a few days ago with some bayer advanced.

Dizzle how much bigger you think? they are bubba kush. this my 1st time running kush and you have ran kush a bunch.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Still trying to break the 2# plant mark

anyways here are my girls 3'-3'6"tall 4'wide

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4384.JPG

got fckning roots aphids. so blasted em a few days ago with some bayer advanced.

Dizzle how much bigger you think? they are bubba kush. this my 1st time running kush and you have ran kush a bunch.

although im not Mr. D, i can tell you 2 things; one, looks like u need to veg them longer probbily another month alteast! although ive never grown bubba so dont know the exact deminsions/veg time u need to hit the 2# mark. and 2, root aphids really hurt ur yield and slo ur veg down.( learned that last round, probbily lost almost half.

When done right trees and be fun and efficient espacially when plant count is an issue.

I vegged 70+ days this round and most of that i had root aphids, but i can tell u now my plants were all 5-6ft tall 4-5 feet wide at flip and i still wont hit the 2# per plant mark.

I got some questions, how long of veg?
what is ur grow medium?
how much light per plant?
these few things have a profound effect on the final size tree.

btw, on the root aphids, i used bayer and spectricide rotated every 4 days till i did 4 applications, and when i applyed, i straight "soaked the grow medium/roots 8 hrs at a time, almost got rot(i just hit them with some hydrozyme next feed and they were fine), i would soak the root mass jus mabe not as long, but alteast an hour. in my case i jus blocked the drain in my hempy bucket and filled my grow container up until it was to the brim. looks like ur in smartpots, so im not sure how u need to do it, but jus an fyi, those fuckers are hard to get ride of. I would highly reccomend that u dont flip the switch untill they are all gone. did u read lilmiss lone thread on RA?

Confu...

D

Donkdbz

I had root aphids before over a year ago in smartpots. they are not that bad if you catch em in time.

the bayer I used was complete insect killer. the cyfluthrin kills the lil effers on contact and the imaclorid should get the rest. I watched em die.

I got some Botanigard es on the way. I will use weekly through flower to get the rest. I did a root inspection and not looking to bad.

3-4k around each girl
20 gallon smartpots with 80% perlite 20% coco
got silica blast, roots excel, bioroots and enzymes in my res. trying the roots excel/bioroots combo after ready highbreeds thread.

my veg time round going into week 9

here is my blue dream from last run she was sick going into flower cause yanked from a Undercrap system(long story)

1lb 4oz she finished around 40"s tall and 32"s wide ( I think)
IMG_40521.JPG

I am used to sativa dom plants in vert and am nervious with kushes

M

mrdizzle

how many weeks have the plants been in the room veggin under big light? They look really close, I would say 5-7more days, since your running C02 and they all get at least 3k

I could see them hitting two lbs if you flip them around 45in,

this is just shy of a 2lb blackberry, I believe it was flipped at about 40inx40in, although the MPB probably grow a little fast I think your CO2 should make up for it

M

mrdizzle

I vegged 70+ days this round and most of that i had root aphids, but i can tell u now my plants were all 5-6ft tall 4-5 feet wide at flip and i still wont hit the 2# per plant mark.
Confu...

one thing donkdbz has going for him is his light intensity, while your plants are huge, imagen if you had bulbs lighting the backside of those plants basically doubling the size and yeild

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I had root aphids before over a year ago in smartpots. they are not that bad if you catch em in time. mines had wings so, i caught them a lil late lol

the bayer I used was complete insect killer. the cyfluthrin kills the lil effers on contact and the imaclorid should get the rest. I watched em die.

I got some Botanigard es on the way. I will use weekly through flower to get the rest. I did a root inspection and not looking to bad.

3-4k around each girl nice, thats a grip of light, i only have 2 with 3k, the rest are 1k only
20 gallon smartpots with 80% perlite 20% coco nice mix, must be feeding multiple time a day
got silica blast, roots excel, bioroots and enzymes in my res. trying the roots excel/bioroots combo after ready highbreeds thread.

my veg time round going into week 9 unless this bubba puts out donkey dicks and streches like a sativa, i still think atleast another month would be needed

here is my blue dream from last run she was sick going into flower cause yanked from a Undercrap system(long story) i remember seeing that pix and thinkin that was a nice yielder! i dont think u could pull that on a kush same size, let alone 2#

1lb 4oz she finished around 40"s tall and 32"s wide ( I think)
IMG_40521.JPG

I am used to sativa dom plants in vert and am nervious with kushes yes, exactly, it seems like sativa structure yield better in vert, im finding you can train them alot better around the bulb, with short stocky plants, its alot harder.

anyways, nice room and grow man, looks like u got a handel on all this, i assumed from ur post(and not being familar with you) that u were new to this and trying to knock it out the park. you obviously know whats what. all i can say is some strains are not suited fir vert style trees. good luck on that dude. I hope u post some later shots and final #'s

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
one thing donkdbz has going for him is his light intensity, while your plants are huge, imagen if you had bulbs lighting the backside of those plants basically doubling the size and yeild

word! cant wait till i have more space to add more light. i didnt realize that doubleing the light to a plant translates directly into double the weight per plant. seems simple enough, i had my bb x ww one had 1k and another had 2k worth of light, although the one with 2k put out more i dont remember it being even close to double but then again it wasnt a good strain to run in a vert set up, to bushy.

Confu...

hiboy

hiboy

Hey donk,
was wondering on that blue dream u yanked that u said it came out of an undercrap,
you must be meaning undercurrent. Have u had some bad runs on the uc?
I've been hesitant on starting mine
thanks
hiboy

after posting this i now saw ur signature.

D

Donkdbz

I had a undercurrent nightmare. Wasted 3 months of electricty at 1000bucks a month plus threw all the parts in the trash cause it was contaminated. so another 1000+bucks wasted on that part. Too many nooks and crannys u just cannot get to to clean.

Growth is unreal though for the few weeks before brown algae took over. I have 2 guesses were the algae came from...one spores are not fully filter from a RO system without a UV sterilizer. Old house old plumbing gets all sorts of nasty stuff.

2...algen extract...algamic....bud igniter....kelp is brown algae and we all added it to our rdwc systems.....who knows what sort of crap is actually in these products I am pretty sure they do not steralize the kelp ...well you get the idea

I was wrong on veg time. looked up notes
400cmh for 2 weeks 1000 for 4 weeks 2000 for 2 weeks all horizontal no c02 then vert 2000 for couple days now 4000 with c02 for a week. just flipping lights back and forth every 8 hours

gonna reread your thread dizzle thanks for the input.

i like all input and tips good or bad gives me stuff to think about and improve upon.

hiboy

hiboy

Thanks for answering donkdbz,
I like all input with the uc, good and bad. Im doing an addition on the house in a month so gona tear the g room all down and rebuild a new one slab up. Vertical lights, uc down the center, the whole deal but hell im still scared to invest so much when i have such success now.
How many lights u rockin in there now?
hiboy

D

Donkdbz

DD's gets 1.8 GPW running trees, who says not efficient?

Trees are double the typical veg time. 2nd take into account all the extra wattage from water and air pumps and chillers.3rd the nugs look airy and I have never seen any close up shots of his g-13 cured. Getting 3lbs a light of commercial stuff is worthless with all the pot snobs.

D

Donkdbz

Thanks for answering donkdbz,
I like all input with the uc, good and bad. Im doing an addition on the house in a month so gona tear the g room all down and rebuild a new one slab up. Vertical lights, uc down the center, the whole deal but hell im still scared to invest so much when i have such success now.
How many lights u rockin in there now?
hiboy

I got 8 lights.

I would dedicate no more then 50% of the room to UC and the rest with whatever your used to so you can get at least 1/2 a harvest if you encounter UC problems.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Trees are double the typical veg time. 2nd take into account all the extra wattage from water and air pumps and chillers.3rd the nugs look airy and I have never seen any close up shots of his g-13 cured. Getting 3lbs a light of commercial stuff is worthless with all the pot snobs.

It's hard to picture unless you have done it. But 4lbs in my buckets is obtainable, I will see first hand what larger res's can do soon enough. But my meds are all top shelf and will only get better with experience, I can't imagine what 20 years under my belt will bring. I also have some elites lined up to run in my buckets to show high yields on elite cuts.

Trees have been the most efficient way I have grow to date. I only veg in the buckets for 7 days then flip.

hiboy

hiboy

Yo d
so are u in smart pots in them pics with coco. Just hand watering, no hydro?
hiboy
good idea about the half designated room

D

Donkdbz

Was watering by hand once a day then upped to twice a day. put drip system in last week. now every 3 hours when lights come on. 12gallons of water end up getting 2 gallons of runoff during one day.

16+girls around double stacked 600's or 1000's is way more effient but......the numbers.

Giddeon your bucket runs I have read through are rad.

anyways did the preflip gutting. took some branches I wanted to keep by accident. O well just trying to have minimal popcorn.

IMG_4474.JPG
IMG_4471.JPG

In probable 2 runs after this one I will most likely get some Tanks like JK uses and try a low pressure aero tree.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Idk if you have done a side by side test with your strain. But for myself I have proven that trimming up plants in the beginning kills my yields. If I don't do any clean up of the plants in the end I have more usable market ready medicine, and yes there is the bullshit squaif inside, but Hell that's why there are bubble bags and bho tubes right :)

D

Donkdbz

Idk if you have done a side by side test with your strain. But for myself I have proven that trimming up plants in the beginning kills my yields. If I don't do any clean up of the plants in the end I have more usable market ready medicine, and yes there is the bullshit squaif inside, but Hell that's why there are bubble bags and bho tubes right :)

Damn it. Should have left one alone for side by side. O well next run. thanks giddeon for pointing that out to me.

Albino? the white on the bubba is foliar spray residue. The blue dream was not albino just flushed for too early.

My diy uc I ran. Canna Aqua A/B, Calmag, Roots Rxcel and Cannazyme.

D

Donkdbz

I noticed on the first page of this thread U turned your plants albino in soilless mix?

Must be making some pretty questionable nutrient decisions to fug up in coco, no wonder u blew it in your DIY Undercrap.

Damn why you such a hater....whenever someone says anything negative towards the UC you always got something to chime in about. Or you just get the thread locked.

I wish I could have figured out how that crap got in there. But hey with supercharged systems like UC and MPB's. Growth is insane but on the downside any problems rear there head at the same speed.

Top Bottom