Triacontanol

• Thread starter 1971
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Relaxed420

This is one of the most usefull theads I have come across in a while, I have recently started to understand just how useful these pgr's are and how to properly use them (I now understand why rubber gloves really shoud be use by users of these products, absortion through skin is a danger and how many time have I just put my hand in a nutrient solution to just stir it up, not really thinking about it! My fault for not doing proper research ahead of time, but I know i'm not the only one that has learned this way).

But what are GOOD alternatives to these 'ornamental only' type products that those of us that have gotten spoiled, by the use of these very effective steroids for our plants? I mean REAL alternatives that WILL produce the commercial results to these potentially questional pgr's we all have been using with good results? Otherwise, how much of these health risks really come into play with a plant that is combusted for use vs ingested for use, I know placo can be harmful when heated like in tomatoes that are used in a sauce, but what has been researched on actual combustable temps vs heat used to steralize edible food products?

not sure what makes you think they are questionable as they are used in the commercial AG industry. if you mean the other commercial, they'd be using stuff like this. Anything that is used in our industry wasn't discovered by a nute company, rather they just brought it over from the AG industry.

i know cycocel is safe to use in food crops.

R

Relaxed420

When I said alternatives to the questionable pgr's mostly I was refering to 'placo', as it is absorbed through skin and when heated there is possible health risks, its why it is FOR ORNIMENTAL USE ONLY. Not trying to be argumentitive I think this is great info and I do understand these and prob 99.9999% of all products mmj farmers are using come from the AG industry, that IS what make the most sense.

I am very interested in learning more, I do had a good grasp right now but it is still in the basics department, like a home gardener that read a few books, I'd still prob be lost trying to take anything more than a basic botany class.

sorry, not familiar with placo. reading the warnings on the cycocel, it sounds like you don't want that stuff getting on you. maybe i'd start shrinking... or worse :)

sadly i am still learning myself. :/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wait a fucking minute, 1971... what did you just say? I've been following this thread, LEARNING, and in my opinion it would be most sad if you weren't (still) learning.

There, you done been tol'. :makeup :giggle ;)

hahahahahahahha... I'm not smart enough to be an innovator, but I can research the shit out of something and follow directions well :)

case in point... i'm using fatman's recirc formula versus figuring one out on my own.

:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why reinvent the wheel? This is why humans have WRITING!!!

seriously. don't you mix up your own nutrients? what are you using?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you really want to know? Because right now I've gone Full Metal Hippie and am about that close to finding patchouli oil.

One thing I can tell you that won't gross anyone out is that I use straight up ALFALFA HAY in two ways---buried in the soil/as a mulch in winter; tea using warm-to-hot water, steeped for anywhere from 1hr-24hrs. I just go to the local feed store and ask them for the sweepings from the alfalfa area.

This year I used alfalfa pellets and a grain hay mix with molasses (they apparently don't make A&M anymore, A=alfalfa, M=molasses) turned into the soil well along with guanos and Dr. Earth 4-4-4 and a good compost I get delivered. I also focused on mineralization based on recommendations by the organic guys that were coming here for a little while.

LOL!

actually, for soil, that stuff makes sense. well, i'm not too hip on how molasses works, but people do talk about it a lot.

for soil, i only do my vegetable garden, etc, but i'll plant cover crops that help replace nitrogen and what not.

sadly the weather up north has been spotty at best

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In the Sierra, we got a winter storm advisory, snow in the high country. I get to see how well the terracing out back is going to work.

F

f1ydave

Do you really want to know? Because right now I've gone Full Metal Hippie and am about that close to finding patchouli oil.

One thing I can tell you that won't gross anyone out is that I use straight up ALFALFA HAY in two ways---buried in the soil/as a mulch in winter; tea using warm-to-hot water, steeped for anywhere from 1hr-24hrs. I just go to the local feed store and ask them for the sweepings from the alfalfa area.

This year I used alfalfa pellets and a grain hay mix with molasses (they apparently don't make A&M anymore, A=alfalfa, M=molasses) turned into the soil well along with guanos and Dr. Earth 4-4-4 and a good compost I get delivered. I also focused on mineralization based on recommendations by the organic guys that were coming here for a little while.

You guys are complicating things. Do what seamaden does, get the hay and make a simple tea with it. Just stick it in water and then bottle the water and apply! Add some to your hydro too if you are running it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The server is moving like molasses that past two days for me and I know the problem isn't on my end. Have you been having issues sitting and waiting for the farm's server to respond?

Latest posts

Top Bottom