Trichomes, Thoughts?

• Thread starter Layback3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bannacis

Bannacis

I agree with yoiu - but many feel tha a 24-72 hr darkness help promote bud growth and potency - In thinking abiut the darkness period many belive theta the plant feels that it is die-ing and then "pumps-out- the THC content. I do know if you want to shorten the flower time put plant in total darkness (24 hours) starting in week 4 of flower ( will shorten flower time about 1 week) every week till harvest week

My thoughts with the 24 hour darkness thing is, not only to freak her out to promote my trichome production. 24 hours is not much to expect big results...maybe 72 hours.
I harvest after a 36-72 hour dark period. my reason is that for 8 weeks she has been on a 12/12 schedule, so every time about 2 hours or so before lights on she starts getting prepared for sunrise. that means her inner workings are semi active.
The plant now has a regular routine, and knows when lights on, so it starts waking up
when you harvest, you don't want that...with a 24-36 hour darkness she will stop going active and prepare for death....poppin trich's...plus she will be a cleaner smoke. That's my 2 cents...

But its like anything else with this plant...what works for one does not necessary work for another.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Hey hawkman here is a better pic taken on a iphone im starting to notice the leaves r kinda curling still look healthy tent in basement temps low @ 60 and 73 when on could it b the cold??? Rh is steady in the high 30's

rh tad low, close to 50%... don't want it to dry, leaves will get brittle and shut down.

J

JahLaw

It is always good to flush all plants... Organic or not... a plant you are going to ingest will benefit from fresh h20, cleansing plant matter. I would say ban and omit products from monsanto like miracle grow from all mmj gardens. One must ask the question for their own body, so why not the plants they grow to ingest. Eat healthy (aware and organic) or not (don't care). don't know if BioBizz products are organic anymore. The bottles I get are not labeled organic at all @kbellfoy. BioBizz has changed 100% since their conception. Also watch out for products with plant growth regulators which are very bad for you, found in many humboldt products as well. see video at the bottom of the page. http://sclabs.com/learn/videos.html I am learning more companies selling out for profit everyday while sacrificing our health and environment.
Everyone can reduced nutrient usage by up to nearly 100%, and water usage by 60-80%. Less is more! Fast is slow, slow is fast. Learn more about not only organic farming, but know whats in your medicine in and out. Happy Harvest

IkeTheDon

IkeTheDon

rh tad low, close to 50%... don't want it to dry, leaves will get brittle and shut down.

I have noticed the leaves getting brittle green but have a withering look to them especially near the buds... Thanks for the info will work on raising rh

H

hawkman

textbook flush times:
Organic - 2 weeks
Chemical - 4 weeks
flush 3x's container size in suggested flush times. But to be practical 2 week's wok fine

Top Bottom