Trip to Cali???

• Thread starter Fred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
That's it man, I'm coming to see. How many days do I need to check things out around the N. Hollywood area. It's the only place I have a friend in Cali. Well, one I can stay with not a member here or in the scene. She does arrange transportation for her boss to get his meds. he has offered many times to take care of me while there. I always forget to ask the name of the place he goes. I havn't been yet and she's been there 5yrs now.

My question is are there any good places in N. hollywood? Keeping in mind I wanna test some of Cali's finest...well thats in the clubs and available in that area. Would I be able to find a good representation of what Cali buds are all about?

Where might he be going? (he's in the movie business and is about impossible to get in touch with. Said to give him a month or so notice and would pick me up a few selections.)

What should I ask for if I do this? Probably can't go till June or so. But I wanna get an idea of what to expect or if it's worth it all.

What do you all think?....

southstreets

southstreets

yo whats crackin bro??? you could go on weedtracker or weedmaps to find dispensaries in N.Hollywood.. In one of those web sites the customers actually rate the spots. I still think that the best meds are still found on the streets of SO CAL though.. south

H

HowardHunt

Fred, N. Hollywood is a mess from what I hear of high hype, low result. There are a few that certainly have the goods but the majority are serving a very commercial market down there.

I'd hit up Suite 215, P.O. and LA Confidential to start. I wish I could help more. The best area that I've found to sample great genetics that are verified and repped here on the site is Sacramento oddly enough, between Fruitridge and Northstar they crush it pretty hard.

H

HowardHunt

Those are my old boys from phish touring days.

not sure what they are up to now but I can at least vouch that their Headband is the real deal and not the 707 jive.

G

goleboy

THATS A SICK MAG....how do they keep tghe strains on stock up to date? to they publish that weekly or what? i mean meds change daily if im not mistyaken so how would oen go about starting a whole buyers guide to "hollyweed" when whats in the print prob wont be on the shelf by the time you actually get there. good idea though.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the picts GOTO.

Thanks HowardHunt. I will mention it.

Ok southstreets. Sounds like I need to re-plan.

I realized shortly after posting this that I would want to go everywhere. It's also gonna be hard to work out the details with this guy. I'm not even gonna get to pick the place. I think I'll be better just asking for some kush or chem line. Hang in Hollywood for the day then head south. Maybe hit the streets with that shit eatin grin and see what happens. If nothing does at least I'll have something. It's gonna take some planning.

I am a foodie also and have some nice spots that my friend in L.A. is gonna take me. She's been trying to get me to come and eat some Cali food with her. She always stays with us around x-mas and comments how good we eat. She loves the food in Cali and wants me to come try some of her favorites.

Also want to do the scenic drive I always here about too but mostly to see if the buds in Cali are as good a they are portrayed to be. I am not sceptic. I would much rather find fire then dirt so I can home and brag on Cali....agreeing it's the best.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. If there is you don't think I should miss while there let me know. I am in the planning stage and have no rules other then the 4 day limit.

H

haze89

Damn I'm gonna be in Cali next month and I don't even know if I'll be able to find some smoke. Apparently my cousins I usually hit up aren't gonna be around for when I'm there. I hope LA has the fire readily available to a vacationer hah.

M

mcattak

215 and la wonderland are good spots...Maybe you will bump into the right people and they will hook you up...

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn I'm gonna be in Cali next month and I don't even know if I'll be able to find some smoke. Apparently my cousins I usually hit up aren't gonna be around for when I'm there. I hope LA has the fire readily available to a vacationer hah.

Me too brother. I probably won't go empty handed...:tmi

215 and la wonderland are good spots...Maybe you will bump into the right people and they will hook you up...

I appreciate the tip.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Taking notes and makin plans. Trying to plan the scenic drive and get the dates picked out.

If there is anything you think I should see let me know. I will be doing the coastal drive thing. Prolly take a couple days to do it. Don't know where the good places to stop are or anything so feel free help me get a plan. I've been looking at some suggested scenic Routes to take from San Francisco to L.A. A few attractions I've seen are Carmel and San Simeon taking Hwy 1. I wanna see the GoldGate Bridge.

I need some ideas from other people like me so what would you locals do if you had few days to drive your coast. Four days. camera. rental car. take great pictures of Cali. find great buds.

Me and my girl are getting excited about our plans..or lack of...Help us out. Maybe a winery or something chill to do...If you guys have any Ideas let me know.

T

the Rock

Yosemite is a must see=nowhere like it in USA than drive to SAn FRan major tourist area plus the bay area is the best place to live in USA (except for Alaska) .,.,drive back to socal on coast highway or if you have time go north to Shelter Cove and humboldt area where the redwoods meet the ocean=fn incredible dont forget about santa cruz and Big Basin area
lemme know if ur around santa cruz I will load you up

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks buddy Rock. I don't think we will have time for all we want to do up north so we're gonna do the this trip first and then plan another trip to do the stuff up north.

Looks like we will be flying into San Fran and going to Yosemite first. Then head south until we get to L.A.
I'll be passing right through Santa Cruz on the HWY1...:sun...down to Big Sur area. Maybe stop in Santa Maria for a night before continuing on.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Fred, you will love Cali. kind! I lived out in Orange Co. for 10 years... smoke was off the charts , then!!! Beach was always a place were i would be asked if i had bud, cause back then i had real long hair, and looked the part!! Most of my connections were from Orange Co. Left in 1987...Wow! How time flies! My daughter went out not too long ago and brought me a cut of Bubba Kush back with her! Her man picked it up from a cat while he was in a barber shop getting his hair cut!!! When they got to me with the Bubba, they were bummed out cause i had real deal Headband and some killer Trainwreck my buddy grew from Jo-Jo's S1 seeds! You will find dank...keep your eyes open and ask peeps! Cali.'s a blast!! Enjoy!! Let us know how you make out! Post up some pictures,too! Dry bud shots of what u get! monkey5

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
cool idea

Fred, me and my wife want to do the cali coast drive as well. i'm sure with a rental car and some cash a good time will be had. hope you have a great time.

mal

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey there Monkey5. Will be sure to take some shots of my experience and all the buds I get while there. Just got some more time so looks like I'll have six days. :banana: More time to score. Maybe even get down south of L.A. too. I'm sure i'll be on the beach. There's a few spots I visited 20 years ago I wanna see again. I don't really look the part but I have some nice t's that show i'm down. Maybe take a new glass piece and walk around saying help me fill please....lol....Sounds like I'll be ok though. Gonna be a fun trip.....

Dates are set and I'm stoked. I did have a minute today though. I can get to the Dam in same amount of travel time. They are supposed to have good Sour D there now. No bothering people. :sweating. Maybe I should'nt try SD anyway until I can get a cut because it will drive me more nuts then it does now. Got to get some in my life soon. The amount of time I've spent looking at pictures of it...uh It's a lil' sad. Crazy really. oops! see how it gets me. Might not even be that good for all I know. Christ :headbang...ok thats better.

I did hear back from my friend and she said they have been liking trainwreck and GDP so maybe I'll get to see one of those when I get down to L.A. Gonna be a few days before we get there so hopefully San Fran treats me good.

fred

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Mal. Dude I suck. I don't how i missed you. I do it all the time somehow.

Anyway, I really think it will be one of those chill trips. Not over planned and not over done. I'll let you know how it goes. Keep in touch mal. Your a genuine kind person. I like that...

fred

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yosemite is a must see=nowhere like it in USA than drive to SAn FRan major tourist area plus the bay area is the best place to live in USA (except for Alaska) .,.,drive back to socal on coast highway or if you have time go north to Shelter Cove and humboldt area where the redwoods meet the ocean=fn incredible dont forget about santa cruz and Big Basin area
lemme know if ur around santa cruz I will load you up
Yeah, but that's hardly a scenic driven from San Fran to 108/120. Yosemite itself is beautiful, the Sierra is beautiful, hell, as far as I'm concerned the foothills are amazingly beautiful. But the in-between stuff is, well, you know, don't you? That's close to 4 hours of driving through the delta. I mean, I like those smaller delta highways, but I don't think this is the kind of scenery Fred's looking for.

Fred, how many days do you plan on driving? You'll be driving close to 4 hours or so just to get from the airport to Yosemite.
Thanks buddy Rock. I don't think we will have time for all we want to do up north so we're gonna do the this trip first and then plan another trip to do the stuff up north.

Looks like we will be flying into San Fran and going to Yosemite first. Then head south until we get to L.A.
I'll be passing right through Santa Cruz on the HWY1...:sun...down to Big Sur area. Maybe stop in Santa Maria for a night before continuing on.
You might want to look at a map before you plan it this way or your whole trip could be dedicated to driving only. I suggest picking either a coastal route or a mountain route, and if you go mountain you should know that many passes are not open until June. That said, check out the following route I'm going to give you:

Fly into San Fran, head east towards Tahoe. You may as well hit Lake Tahoe if you're going to drive through Yosemite, it's free (Yosemite is $20/car/motorcycle)(bastards) and it's connected to the only two passes through the mountains that are open this time of year, especially with the weather we've been having.

From there you can either take Hwy 50 to South Lake Tahoe or the more scenic (breathtaking) route of Hwy 88--both passes will take you over the Sierra to 395, which is one of the other most beautiful drives in California (some of it's through Nevada).

Now, from 88, IF you're out here after Monitor Pass is open you should take that from 88. The first time I drove east over Monitor I got vertigo. You have to see it to believe it. Then again, you could drive through Yosemite, if the National Parks are going to do what they did last year and have the parks open for FREE one weekend each month of summer, then go through Tioga Pass.

Otherwise, just head south outta San Fran, down Hwy 1. Know that once you hit Santa Barbara it's not worth the time and trouble to try to stay on the Pacific Highway, it practically disappears once it hits L.A. County.

Seriously, start with a map or you'll spend the rest of your life driving across California. Four hours from the coast to the eastern border, minimum, so that's roughly the trip from San Fran to Yosemite.

I feel I must also say that 395 is one of the most underrated scenic drives in the state. And if you ride, the road is amazingly well-maintained, so you can just open up that throttle and GO.

Actually, now that I think about it, if you're out here almost anytime during the summer you can take all the Sierra passes, Ebbets for instance, and enjoy some amazing scenery through the mountains instead of the coast. You will, however, end up in the Inland Empire (Victorville), very very very east of L.A. and Hollywood.

It would allow a side trip to Mojave, though, if you're so inclined and winter is the best time to visit our deserts.

T

the Rock

agreed the drive to yosemite is long and boring,, on a limited schedule it may be not worth it as the coast is simply amazing also. lemme kniow when you are coming thru santa cruz I will hook you up(gimme a couple day notice though as my work has me all over the western US)

Latest posts

Top Bottom