Triple Cut SCROG Log/Grow #2

• Thread starter RootsRuler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

what are those strains - Florida strawberry, moonglow, what the 3 one? Blackberry moonshine? - anyhow lookin good I’m tagged in here !
Big Bad Glue?

I counted around 9 jackknifed tractors rolled over on the medians. I got stuck on interstate 10 near Van Horn for 9 hours.

02/04/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 74.9*
Humidity - 77%
VPD - .68 kPa

Girls have been transplanted into their final pots. Florida Strawberry, Big Bad Glue, Moonglow.

They were a little droopy with leaves pointing down before I transplanted them. I think I got a little too liberal with the light so I backed it off and they seemed to have bounced back nicely.

I'll leave them alone for a day or so so that they get well established and will take a few cuts off the FS and MG. BBG is still too small to take cuts from. I'll also start to LST them to get them ready to be netted.

BBG seemed to take a second to get comfortable with it's environment. The clone was well rooted so I may have pressed it in a little too firmly and snapped a main root. Whatever it was she seems to be responding better now so we'll see if she starts to get more aggressive growth now that she seems to be growing at a faster pace and her roots have more room to spread out.

02042023 transplanted

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Big Bad Glue?

I counted around 9 jackknifed tractors rolled over on the medians. I got stuck on interstate 10 near Van Horn for 9 hours.

02/04/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 74.9*
Humidity - 77%
VPD - .68 kPa

Girls have been transplanted into their final pots. Florida Strawberry, Big Bad Glue, Moonglow.

They were a little droopy with leaves pointing down before I transplanted them. I think I got a little too liberal with the light so I backed it off and they seemed to have bounced back nicely.

I'll leave them alone for a day or so so that they get well established and will take a few cuts off the FS and MG. BBG is still too small to take cuts from. I'll also start to LST them to get them ready to be netted.

BBG seemed to take a second to get comfortable with it's environment. The clone was well rooted so I may have pressed it in a little too firmly and snapped a main root. Whatever it was she seems to be responding better now so we'll see if she starts to get more aggressive growth now that she seems to be growing at a faster pace and her roots have more room to spread out.

View attachment 1327372
Big
Big foot glue by humbolt seed company - was always behind the others for me as well much smaller plant / I’m flowering it now for the first time so we will c? It’s in there somewhere! Lol I get a better pic of her

AB41CA7C CF47 4601 8D5F EE33EA88BFD4
electroguy

electroguy

I’m in for the ride!!! Looking good brother!!!
I am also in. I'm getting ready to start my first grow in a 4x4x80". I'll need all the help i can get,#Phlizon, ha ha. got a couple of clones from a friend last year and grew them outside, first grow ever. Never got very big. Great smoke! Sorry, I'm rambling. Should I start a grow log here. I'm a bit Google challenged if you know what I mean. Meet Mulva and Delores

20221007 071627
Moshmen

Moshmen

I am also in. I'm getting ready to start my first grow in a 4x4x80". I'll need all the help i can get,#Phlizon, ha ha. got a couple of clones from a friend last year and grew them outside, first grow ever. Never got very big. Great smoke! Sorry, I'm rambling. Should I start a grow log here. I'm a bit Google challenged if you know what I mean. Meet Mulva and Delores
Yes make ur own thread in grow diaries and we can all help ya thru a good harvest - need a lot more info though . Roots dies a great job of giving everyone the full story - times temps nutes lights, seeds ect. Looks like you have a nutrient issue ? Start that thread and let’s get her healthy .
Welcome to the farm
Mosh

electroguy

electroguy

Yes make ur own thread in grow diaries and we can all help ya thru a good harvest - need a lot more info though . Roots dies a great job of giving everyone the full story - times temps nutes lights, seeds ect. Looks like you have a nutrient issue ? Start that thread and let’s get her healthy .
Welcome to the farm
Mosh
Awesome, I'll do that. Thanks. That pic was last year, my first grow, right before harvest

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Bf glue is about 12” shorter that everything else . Then last shot is the moonglow in the back needs 10/11 weeks but worth it
The BFG is starting to thrive. Let's see if she gets enough roots out there for her to take off. The FS has heavy indica genetics. That moonglow is definitely sativa dominant!!!😛

02/07/2023

02072023 temp hum vpd

Took a few cuts off the FS and Moonglow. My Clonex gel is missing so I used some rooting powder my GF has for her gardening. Decided to put them in dirt and see if they root. The plants have a more even canopy now so tomorrow I'll start LSTing them and fiming sprouts. The Moonglow has wide node separation so I assume it has strong sativa genetics. I'm thinking I may position her in the corner and fan the branches out across the net. The FS is bushy so I'm assuming it has strong indica genetics. I may center it towards the front to give it room to spread under the net and the BFG I may position in the other corner to form a triangle of sorts so that each plant has ample room to fill the screen. I'm hoping the BFG starts to take off and can fill her portion of the screen otherwise I'll overgrow either of the other two to fill the screen for flower keeping stretch in mind at flip time.

02072023 clones

Moshmen

Moshmen

Gonna chop a big foot glue today - not real impressed with the yield or overall plant growth but she sure is frosty little nuggs - so we will c

Moshmen

Moshmen

Gonna chop a big foot glue today - not real impressed with the yield or overall plant growth but she sure is frosty little nuggs - so we will c
Also finished at 8 weeks exactly! Lol 56 days

The FS although not huge yielder is frosty fire for sure.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yeah! She's not a fast grower and stays pretty compact. Do you know the cross? Seems like it has some heavy indica genetics going on but if it's got some glue then definitely has sativa too.

03/01/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 78.3*
Humidity - 67%
VPD - 1.09 kPa

I figured I'd wait until there was some significant growth before posting again. It's been a couple weeks and the Moonglow seems to have found it's happy place and is shooting shoots everywhere. The FS is compact and bushy but is starting to stretch out a little and is also shooting shoots. The BFG seems to have finally found a comfortable zone and is starting to come around but it seems like she's a slow grower like Mosh mentioned. I'll keep her semi screened and let some of her branches get some vertical.

I took a few cuts of each. 4 FS, 6 MG and 1 BFG since the BFG was still pretty small so I could only take one cut off her. I didn't really TRY to make sure everything was perfect and I wanted to propagate into soil rather than cubes which is what I'm used to. I was expecting failure on this try but it looks like they all rooted so I'll be transplanting them into larger pots. My dilemma is where do I put them. I'd like to keep them as mothers or at least one and flower the rest but by the time the current crop is ready for harvest they're going to be around 4 -5 ft tall.

For now I'm going to have to put them outside. This means I'm going to propogate outside and once the clones root I'll treat for any pests. I'm thinking I may even plant one or two in the ground and harvest them in september/october.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

03/04/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.7**
Humidity - 64%
VPD - 1.18 kPa

Just been a few days so not much difference other than I transplanted the clones I had rooted into gallon pots. In all honesty, this was the first time I've propogated into dirt rather than cubes so I wasn't expecting much but they all rooted so I guess I've found a new cloning process!!!🙂

I figure I have a couple weeks or so before I start preparing for flip but I need to figure out what I'm going to do with these clones. We have a small greenhouse that got wrecked by the high winds that blew through here so I won't be able to house them there unless I rebuild the green house. I might just keep one of each in a pot and plant the rest in the ground and harvest come September. I guess I'll have to take cuts from them out there and then treat for pests before I bring them in.

Moonglow is blowing up and is growing at an accelerated rate. I have a feeling she's going to take up about half of the screen space while the Florida Strawberry will fill around a quarter or more of the screen space and the Big Fat Glue will fill out the rest although the BFG has been growing at a faster rate than before so maybe it just needed a second to get its roots a foothold in the media and is now starting to go pedal to the metal.

We'll see, in the next week or so, what she does. Stay tuned.

Moshmen

Moshmen

03/04/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.7**
Humidity - 64%
VPD - 1.18 kPa

Just been a few days so not much difference other than I transplanted the clones I had rooted into gallon pots. In all honesty, this was the first time I've propogated into dirt rather than cubes so I wasn't expecting much but they all rooted so I guess I've found a new cloning process!!!🙂

I figure I have a couple weeks or so before I start preparing for flip but I need to figure out what I'm going to do with these clones. We have a small greenhouse that got wrecked by the high winds that blew through here so I won't be able to house them there unless I rebuild the green house. I might just keep one of each in a pot and plant the rest in the ground and harvest come September. I guess I'll have to take cuts from them out there and then treat for pests before I bring them in.

Moonglow is blowing up and is growing at an accelerated rate. I have a feeling she's going to take up about half of the screen space while the Florida Strawberry will fill around a quarter or more of the screen space and the Big Fat Glue will fill out the rest although the BFG has been growing at a faster rate than before so maybe it just needed a second to get its roots a foothold in the media and is now starting to go pedal to the metal.

We'll see, in the next week or so, what she does. Stay tuned.

View attachment 1337289
Promise the moonglow will be the top producer ! May 11/12 weeks but so worth it , your gonna need that rope for support for sure

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Promise the moonglow will be the top producer ! May 11/12 weeks but so worth it , your gonna need that rope for support for sure
Seeing the same thing. At first she was kind of spindly and sativa in growth but she's really filled out. I noticed she really liked it when I FIMmed her. Taking cuts on her stunted her for a day or so but she LOVED the FIM! I might do another FIM in a day or two and let her coast to flip while I tuck.

The Florida Strawberry is going to be my nighttime smoke. Heavy indica genetics from the looks of it. She's not quite as prolific as the MG but I'm hoping she accelerates in the next couple weeks.

The Big Fat Glue has started to really take off. I'm also hoping I see some significant veg now that she seems to be in overdrive.

I've been keeping the humidity fairly high in the tent this time, in the 70% - 80% range, as opposed to the GG4 grow where humidity stayed in the 50% - 60% range for the most part. I'm going to start dropping the humidity in the tent to around 60% once I flip and drop to around 45% once I get out of week 6 in flower. I'll also try and drop temp around that same time to around 70* - 72*.

Since the MG is sativa based would the temp and humidity drops hurt or help it? The indicas love that kind of temp/humidity drop but not so sure with the sativas since they usually come from equatorial regions.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Seeing the same thing. At first she was kind of spindly and sativa in growth but she's really filled out. I noticed she really liked it when I FIMmed her. Taking cuts on her stunted her for a day or so but she LOVED the FIM! I might do another FIM in a day or two and let her coast to flip while I tuck.

The Florida Strawberry is going to be my nighttime smoke. Heavy indica genetics from the looks of it. She's not quite as prolific as the MG but I'm hoping she accelerates in the next couple weeks.

The Big Fat Glue has started to really take off. I'm also hoping I see some significant veg now that she seems to be in overdrive.

I've been keeping the humidity fairly high in the tent this time, in the 70% - 80% range, as opposed to the GG4 grow where humidity stayed in the 50% - 60% range for the most part. I'm going to start dropping the humidity in the tent to around 60% once I flip and drop to around 45% once I get out of week 6 in flower. I'll also try and drop temp around that same time to around 70* - 72*.

Since the MG is sativa based would the temp and humidity drops hurt or help it? The indicas love that kind of temp/humidity drop but not so sure with the sativas since they usually come from equatorial regions.
It helps as if the buds get to big rot could be prone but I’m usually fine around 50/55 towards the end

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

03/08/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 77.8**
Humidity - 60%
VPD - 1.27 kPa

Not a big change but I'm noticing they're starting to really step up growth. The Moonglow is feeding heavily as I just fed 2 days ago and the soil was already dry today so I fed again. I have a feeling I'm going to need to put her on a 2 day schedule. Florida Strawberry is chugging along. I don't expect her to get all that huge as her indica genetics will keep her relatively tight. The Big Fat Glue is the weirdo. It's growing and showing good growth but just not like the others. Not sure if it's genetics or me.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

03/11/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 78.3*
Humidity - 67%
VPD - 1.09 kPa

Moonglow is really starting to accelerate her feeding as I'm now feeding her every 3rd day and I'm going through approximately 1 1/4 gal. Florida Strawberry is drinking between 3/4 and a gallon every 3rd day and the Big Fat Glue is drinking around 3/4 gal every 3rd day.

This tells me the girls are happy and feeding so I'm going to start preparing for flip. They've occupied enough of the screen for me to account for some stretch. I blended 1/3 grow with 2/3 bloom to start introducing higher concentrations of phosphorous and potassium. I've also raised the amount of cal/mag as the Moonglow really seems to like it. Tomorrow I'm going to go in and clean up the undercanopy of dead leaves and leaves that aren't getting much light and set up my auto irrigate so that when I flip next week I can have everything ready to go. Flipping next week will also allow the plants to recover from the haircut they're going to get.

I turned off the humidifier and humidity is averaging 65% so paired with temps averaging around 75* I'm in range of where I want to be at this stage of the grow.

Once I flip the light schedule I'll back off the lights and slowly ramp up light intensity until I get to around the last couple weeks where I will begin to lower light intensity to finish.

03112023 pre flip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom