Not open for further replies.
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

03/16/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.3*
Humidity - 71%
VPD - 0.90 kPa

This Moonglow is a heavy eater. I fed her almost a gallon and a half yesterday since she had eaten up the last feed so quickly and I can see the top of the soil is already showing signs of dryness! I guess I shouldn't be surprised as she's growing pretty fast now. The Florida Strawberry is definitely trying to keep up with the MG but that MG is a crazy feeder!! Even the Big Fat Glue that was like the lonely step child has really stepped up and I'm seeing impressive growth rates.

It's hard to tell because of the angle but the MG is almost 2/3 of the way across the net. Even the clones are getting shaded by the MG!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

03/18/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 75*
Humidity - 73%
VPD - 0.80 kPa

Today I flipped the light schedule from 18/6 to 12/12 so today is technically day one of flower although I like to use the appearance of flower pistil to mark it as day one. I find doing it this way tends to match up closer to breeder claimed harvest time lines but we'll use today as the marker. Honestly, at least for me I don't really count the weeks as I go by trichome development to determine harvest time but the breeder timeline comes in handy to know when you're getting close.

I've upped the cal/mag around 25%, P(Phosphorous) at 50% and lowered K(Potassium) around 25% along with a 35% drop in N(Nitrogen).

I also pulled back the light intensity for transition to aid in more root development. The idea is to slow down vegetative growth and allow the hormonal changes to occur so that the plant can direct its energy to more root formation that will benefit flower formation once they start to show up. I'll keep it here for around a week and slowly ramp up light intensity every week until I hit week 6 or 7 then start to slowly reduce intensity for a couple weeks then let her coast to harvest. The increase in Cal/Mag and P should induce flowering faster and give it a good base to really build that flower structure since most flower is formed in the first 6 or 7 weeks of flower. It'll still continue to grow after week 6 - 7 just not at the same rate. I'll start raising K in week 5 and keep it there until harvest.

Flip Time 03182023

Feed water 03182023

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

03/18/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 75*
Humidity - 73%
VPD - 0.80 kPa

Today I flipped the light schedule from 18/6 to 12/12 so today is technically day one of flower although I like to use the appearance of flower pistil to mark it as day one. I find doing it this way tends to match up closer to breeder claimed harvest time lines but we'll use today as the marker. Honestly, at least for me I don't really count the weeks as I go by trichome development to determine harvest time but the breeder timeline comes in handy to know when you're getting close.

I've upped the cal/mag around 25%, P(Phosphorous) at 50% and lowered K(Potassium) around 25% along with a 35% drop in N(Nitrogen).

I also pulled back the light intensity for transition to aid in more root development. The idea is to slow down vegetative growth and allow the hormonal changes to occur so that the plant can direct its energy to more root formation that will benefit flower formation once they start to show up. I'll keep it here for around a week and slowly ramp up light intensity every week until I hit week 6 or 7 then start to slowly reduce intensity for a couple weeks then let her coast to harvest. The increase in Cal/Mag and P should induce flowering faster and give it a good base to really build that flower structure since most flower is formed in the first 6 or 7 weeks of flower. It'll still continue to grow after week 6 - 7 just not at the same rate. I'll start raising K in week 5 and keep it there until harvest.

View attachment 1342044

View attachment 1342043
Nice work that mg is gonna double in stretch

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
03/18/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 75*
Humidity - 73%
VPD - 0.80 kPa

View attachment 1342044

View attachment 1342043
Net is really filling up! Is that a 5x5 or 4x4

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Net is really filling up! Is that a 5x5 or 4x4
5 x 5

Nice work that mg is gonna double in stretch
She already is!!! 😳 🤩

At Day 20 I'm going to do a hard defoliation and let her cruise to harvest after that. I have around 48" of vertical space from the net before I can't raise the light any higher. This includes leaving space between the tent roof and light for heat dispersion and around 18" light to top of flowers as my minimum height at harvest.

They're all stretching as we speak....even the BFG is blowing up. D20 defol should get everything set for blast off but compare the pic from 2 days ago! I'm dumping high PPM solutions into the soil and they keep coming back asking for more!! This isn't even taking into account the drop in PPFD that I did for the transition. Had I left the PPFD where it was at the whole canopy would probably be full!!! 🤭

03/20/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 74.4*
Humidity - 73%
VPD - 0.79 kPa

The girls seemed to have shifted into overdrive because they are really growing fast! Great sign as I just flipped them a couple days ago.

Removed the clones so they don't flip and have them under temporary light before things start to warm up here in the next day of so then they're going outside except for one of each that I'll keep for mothers. I'll need to set up something more permanent for them but for now this will have to suffice.

03202023 Clone reposition

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

03/26/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 77.1*
Humidity - 72%
VPD - 0.89 kPa

Raised the light intensity from 45,000/DLI 25 to 50,000/DLI 28 Lux. Next week I'll raise it another 5,000 lux to DLI 30.

The BFG is really growing fast along with FS and MG but BFG won the growth contest this week. March 8th, which is 12 days away, will be the day I do a hard defol but the under foliage is already getting pretty full and I'm getting a little apprehensive about keeping them in such a high humidity environment with as much foliage as there is currently. I've been diligent, as always, about checking for pests or disease and, so far, the fates are on my side. Hopefully that continues until I get to D20.

I had just finished hand watering them when I took this picture so the leaves look a little wilty.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

03/28/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76*
Humidity - 75%
VPD - 0.77 kPa

Fed them yesterday. Soil is already drying to a point that I'll need to feed again tomorrow. Lots of stretch so under canopy defol will be thorough to keep canopy depth in check.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

04/01/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.6*
Humidity - 72%
VPD - 0.88 kPa

FLOWERTIME!

04012023 flowers closeup

Defol is March 8 although I've been tempted to get in there and clear away some of the foliage I'm resisting the temptation and waiting for D20. You can tell how dense the canopy is by how dark it is underneath it!!!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

March8? You mean April?
He was thinkin of me ! Awe that’s my birthday - wait I’m fuckin old I guess I missed that one . Lol

Nice work that moon glow is gonna go about 2 weeks longer that the others
Wishful thinking I guess! 😄

I'll just have to unwind the FS and BFG from the net when they're done and keep MG going for another 2. It'll give me time to dry and trim so that actually works out ok.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

04/05/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.7*
Humidity - 72%
VPD - 0.88 kPa

Still flowering away.......

The undercanopy is getting thick. I'm getting a little worried as I usually don't let them get this bushy but D20 is APRIL 8(Thanks Zen!!! 😄 ) so 3 days from now. Just gotta be patient....

Checked the Lux readings at canopy top and DLI is at 34. Lux at 57,000. PPFD at 720. In week 3.

Had to raise the lights a few inches as it seems my plants are growing faster than the DLI can keep up!!!!😌

It kills me to take readings just to see perfect readings at center light but lower at the edges...I'm going to have to make a move on a bar style light for the tent for this next grow if I continue to do wall to wall scrogs.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

04/08/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.5*
Humidity - 72%
VPD - 0.87 kPa

Day 20 Defoliation

Trimmed off almost a 5 gallon bucket and a half of leaf material. Checked most of it as it came off and the leaves had no signs of bugs or disease. Some were starting to get to that mushy stage with the canopy so packed but nothing close to leaf rot or mold.

Pre Trim

04092023 defol

04092023 defol side pre

Post Trim

04092023 defol post

04092023 defol side post

The post trim canopy doesn't look like it changed much but I can now see the floor of the tent through some of the openings and each branch/bud site has more air and light hitting it. The undercanopy was solid leaf material so I gave that a good trimming and removed all the suckers. I left a little more leaf material on top than I intended to but I want to try and strike a balance between having enough leaf material for food for late flower but also remove enough so that the plants get lots of fresh air and light going through them.

Let's see how they look after a couple of days once they get over the shock of the haircut. I watered the day before at 1200ppm knowing that the defol will let moisture escape from the plant at the cuts so I wanted to make sure it had plenty to replace it. I would imagine they're going to slow down on the feed for a bit while they recover. The dry back should tell me if they stunted or not.

Day 20 is one day off of finishing week 3 going into week 4. I will continue feeding elevated levels of calcium and magnesium until middle of next week then I will start to taper down the Cal/Mag and start upping Potassium until week 6. After week 6 I'll slowly taper down Cal/Mag/K until I'm a week or so away and either finish off with a very weak solution or clear water.

After week 6 I will begin to taper down the temperature and humidity in the tent until I reach around 70* and 50% humidity.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

04/08/2023

Forgot to add that I increased ppfd to 850/Lux 49,000/DLI 36

Disregard the past readings. I had forgot to change the light source from HPS to LED. This is the correct reading for now.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

04/11/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.7*
Humidity - 71%
VPD - 0.91 kPa

Been doing some cleanup on the trim. I still think I need to clean it up a little more and get a little more foliage because she's going to fill out all the spots I opened up for light to shine through. I guess I'll just leave it alone for now and if she needs another trim then so be it. Set up my auto irrigate with clear water for a week to give them a little break from the high ppm feeds I've been giving them.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

🤩 that ScroG is so beautiful man! Really love the work you’ve put in! This was a great read.

Thank you Brother!!! Honestly, like the last grow, it's pretty much running on auto pilot. I hand feed every couple days and check for any issues but for the most part the ACI fan and controller are doing most of the work. Having the tent in a lung room makes controlling environment pretty easy. Trimming actually got me to sweat a little since I had to lay on my back when I was trimming the undercanopy but otherwise she's been mostly doing it on her own. I'm just here to keep the girls inside the guard rails!

04/18/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 76.5*
Humidity - 66%
VPD - 1.06 kPa

Week 4 going into week 5 of Flower. I had to leave for a week which is another reason I set up the auto irrigate and she worked flawlessly. The Floraflex plates will complete the setup for better media coverage but the water rings did their job.

When I opened the plants today, right after lights on, they weren't wilted and looked like they had gotten enough water to keep them happy. I had added around 20 gallons of clear water to the reservoir before I had left and when I got back today the reservoir had a little over 5 gallons left. 3 feedings over the week with one to spare which is what I had programmed the timer to do and what was left in the reservoir told me that the girls had gotten what they needed while I was gone as far as water volume so that worked out really well. The Floraflex plates I'm going to order for the next run will make the auto irrigate that much better as far as media saturation.

This is what I saw the first time I opened the tent:

The foliage has filled out and it looks like I may need to do a 2nd trim, not as hard as the first one, but she's definitely filled out enough that I'll need to clear some of the foliage to get more light to the bottom of the canopy.

Side View of the canopy to get a different perspective of the foliage:

04182023 side view

I also noticed that the MG had a slight tip burn from the high PPM feeds I've been doing through this stage of growth so it would seem I've found the limits of what she'll take. The FS and BFG leaf tips aren't showing signs of burn so they can probably take higher PPM but I think 1200 is about as high as I want to go. MG doesn't looked stressed so I think I'm OK. The soil was dry as last feed was a couple of days ago and the girls are sucking the water out of the soil every couple days. If I let them go for an extra day they start to show signs of wilting. Stretch seems to have stopped and flower production is in full swing.

04182023 tip burn MG

Checked light readings at canopy and I didn't have to adjust any of the lights as it seems that they've grown into the next level they need to be at for Week 5:

PPFD - 859/DLI - 38/Lux - 50,000

I'm going to have to start thinking about turning on the dehumidifier once the girls are out of week 7 going into week 8 to try and lower the humidity little by little until I get to around 45% - 50% the last week of flower. I'm not sure what the added heat from the dehumidifier will do in terms of the lung room since this is the first grow in this lung room but I have a few ideas that may work. Stay tuned!

When I opened the tent I got this really nice sweet smell that just hit me in the face so I'm excited to see what kind of terpene profiles I get after cure is complete.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

My Cloudforge T3 arrived today. I don't need it for this stage of flower as I'm trying to slowly reduce humidity but I can't wait to fire it up for the next run!!😁

ACI humidifier

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

04/25/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 75.5*
Humidity - 51%
VPD - 1.48 kPa

Today is the last day of week 5 going into week 6. Trimmed up the canopy for better air ciculation. There were a lot of little leaves on the MG so I couldn't really open it up like I like to but I got a lot of it and I'm satisfied that the trim should hold until harvest time. Flowers are well established and starting to fill out. Humidity is slightly low but it's going to get pretty rainy down near my neck of the woods so that should fix itself. If not I still have my second hand humidier to be able to add a little more humidity to the tent but right now it's working in the 2 x 2 I setup to test the XS1500pro ViparSpectra sent me. I took delivery of the Cloudforge T3 but I think I'll set it up on the next run since I only need to raise the humidity a little and it'll probably by temporary so for now I'll leave it. Either next week or the week after I'm going to start dropping the temperature a degree or two on average a week along with dropping humidity down to as close to 40% as I can.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

04/28/2023

Lights on Tent Specs:

Temperature - 77.1*
Humidity - 62%
VPD - 1.21 kPa

2 days into week 6 of flower.

Just fed the girls yesterday as they are now on an every other day feed schedule so tomorrow will be feed day again. They haven't slowed down as far as feed volume. The FS and MG are drinking around a gallon and a half every couple of days while the BFG is drinking a little more than a gallon like maybe a gallon and a quarter.

Not much to report other than I noticed the flowers are starting to fatten up a bit along with hints of frost near the bud sites. Breeder said the MG isn't all that frosty but I'm seeing some decent trichome development starting to happen. The FS and BFG are definitely getting more frosty so good sign.

04282023B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom