Trippy Stix? or any thoughts on the many vape pens

• Thread starter Jebus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you prefer dabbin or a vape pen?

• Total voters
Jebus

Jebus

yo what up farmers, ive been happy with dabbin outta my rigs but recently been seein a lot of these different vape pens for wax/bho and like the idea of dabbin on the go and it seems pretty discreet. I honestly don't know much on any of these vape pens (omicoron, atmos, gpen, trippystix, etc.) the reason ive been lookin at the Trippy Stix is because it doesnt use a cartridge you have to keep replacing and they seem the most simple to use. They seem legit but ive also heard theyre customer service isnt the best. and they have a sale rite now lol. www.therealtrippystix.com anyway, has any one used/owned one and would you recommend it or is the whole "vape pen" market hype?

bigcountry77

bigcountry77

I love the idea of a "vape pen" for bho waxes and such... but in my experience I have not found one that I actually TRULY enjoy using. They are very convinient for on the go "dabbing" but all the models I have tried leave something to be desired.

Most models use some sort of a "wick" system, which always gives off a taste that just kills the flavor of the BHO for me.

Im not too familiar with the Trippy Stix. They do seem cool I checked one out briefly at the SFHT med cup but didnt buy it.

My policy has been wait until someone has "perfected" the design... every Medical Cannabis related event I have gone to recently I have seen more and more of these "pens". So im sure someone will come up with a breakthrough design soon enough.

Jebus

Jebus

I love the idea of a "vape pen" for bho waxes and such... but in my experience I have not found one that I actually TRULY enjoy using. They are very convinient for on the go "dabbing" but all the models I have tried leave something to be desired.

Most models use some sort of a "wick" system, which always gives off a taste that just kills the flavor of the BHO for me.

Im not too familiar with the Trippy Stix. They do seem cool I checked one out briefly at the SFHT med cup but didnt buy it.

My policy has been wait until someone has "perfected" the design... every Medical Cannabis related event I have gone to recently I have seen more and more of these "pens". So im sure someone will come up with a breakthrough design soon enough.

thanks for replying bigcountry, i feel you on that, i think thats why i havent really been too intrigued by em, first off i dunno anything about em n theres so many(too many imho), i think 2011/2012 was when the vape pen market seemed to blow the fuck up. a while back when berner was promoting em you could only use the carts they sold at dispensaries. the idea of em sounds so dope, n the trippy stix seems the most simple but i hear mixed feedback on em. i would love to dab with out having to carry my rig everywhere. dabbin on the road was quite an experience :eek:

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

4 top secret on the go hits I'd say Trippy Stix 110% I smoke wax/budder in the Trippy Stix.. They will never give off a huge giant rip like a Dab but it will get u by when ur on the road. The Trippy Stix hit way better then the wick vap pens but I Haven't tryed the newer omicron yet.. U will b fully happy with the Trippy Stix but u must keep it clean & wash it & the vap tip chamber only lasts about a month if u heavy smoke everyday out of it.. So get a extra chamber & get the XL chamber they hit way harder then the reg chambers

Jebus

Jebus

4 top secret on the go hits I'd say Trippy Stix 110% I smoke wax/budder in the Trippy Stix.. They will never give off a huge giant rip like a Dab but it will get u by when ur on the road. The Trippy Stix hit way better then the wick vap pens but I Haven't tryed the newer omicron yet.. U will b fully happy with the Trippy Stix but u must keep it clean & wash it & the vap tip chamber only lasts about a month if u heavy smoke everyday out of it.. So get a extra chamber & get the XL chamber they hit way harder then the reg chambers

thats what i wanted to hear!! n thanks for stoppin by goo!! i actually just ordered a regular trippy stix, im almost regretting i didnt go with the XL cuz ive been reading they rip harder than the reg or mini. i also read cleaning it regularly helps it last longer n not clog. so the chambers work some what like a "cartridge" where the wax is placed, n these chambers need to be replaced (how often?) as well as the tips? ive heard tips can melt a little? i knew i shoulda got a extra chamber n some more hard tips. :oops:

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

thats what i wanted to hear!! n thanks for stoppin by goo!! i actually just ordered a regular trippy stix, im almost regretting i didnt go with the XL cuz ive been reading they rip harder than the reg or mini. i also read cleaning it regularly helps it last longer n not clog. so the chambers work some what like a "cartridge" where the wax is placed, n these chambers need to be replaced (how often?) as well as the tips? ive heard tips can melt a little? i knew i shoulda got a extra chamber n some more hard tips. :oops:
Ur good doggie it will work but if u do want a bigger hit juss get a XL chamber later on b'cuz in about 30 days of heavy use the chamber will get super clogged & the coil will stop gettin hot.. The reg chamber will get u by very nice.. The plastic tips could melt with heavy use but I think they made better plastic tips by now.. Ur gunna love ur Trippy Stix 4 hits on the go..the chambers work juss like a cart juss pull off the plastic tip & load a .2-.5 chunk of wax/budder & place the plastic tip back on & rip

Jebus

Jebus

Ur good doggie it will work but if u do want a bigger hit juss get a XL chamber later on b'cuz in about 30 days of heavy use the chamber will get super clogged & the coil will stop gettin hot.. The reg chamber will get u by very nice.. The plastic tips could melt with heavy use but I think they made better plastic tips by now.. Ur gunna love ur Trippy Stix 4 hits on the go..the chambers work juss like a cart juss pull off the plastic tip & load a .2-.5 chunk of wax/budder & place the plastic tip back on & rip

coo thanks bro, you think the XL chambers will fit the reg trippy stix, they both look pretty similar but the the XL chamber looks a lil wider. im down to replace em i jus dont wanna have to keep buyin a whole new trippy every month or somethin. so prolly load up .5 g at the most per session? n clean em before loading em every time. im hoping it comes in tomorrow i jus wanna try it already lol

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

coo thanks bro, you think the XL chambers will fit the reg trippy stix, they both look pretty similar but the the XL chamber looks a lil wider. im down to replace em i jus dont wanna have to keep buyin a whole new trippy every month or somethin. so prolly load up .5 g at the most per session? n clean em before loading em every time. im hoping it comes in tomorrow i jus wanna try it already lol
Yea the XL tips fit the battery juss like the reg chamber.. It's juss wider like u said & it has a bigger heat coil that's y it hits harder.. U don't need 2 buy a whole new Trippy Stix juss new chambers there $30 for the XL.. I'd only load .2 or .3 at a time b'cuz it don't hit as good if its over loaded plus u get a fresher hit.. If u load smaller chunks of wax it will all burn off clean with out 2 much mess.. If u use it heavy or u use wax that melts 2 oily the bottom of the Trippy chamber will leak out oil so u need 2 clean the bottom of the chamber & the top of the battery with a q-Tip & alcohol often.. It sounds hard but it's eazy

bigcountry77

bigcountry77

Goo... you sold me enough on the Trippy Stix to talk my buddy into trading in one of his old "pens" to get 60% off a Trippy Stix (pretty cool program they are running)... told him to get the XL.
Ill come back with a report in a couple weeks or whenever this trade in process goes through...

Thanks fo the solid info Goo

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Hands down for a vape pen....get a persei by delta9. They are on the more expensive side as far a portable vape pens go ($200) but give the biggest and best rips while making a gram of oil last a pretty damn long time. Awesome for "on the road" and you can Pre load cartridges and never have to worry about running out. I'm fuckin shocked how long a gram lasts in mine and I rip the damn thing all day every day while in the shop working. Plus you can run dual or single Cartridges. Look into them if your serious about getting the best on the market.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Goo... you sold me enough on the Trippy Stix to talk my buddy into trading in one of his old "pens" to get 60% off a Trippy Stix (pretty cool program they are running)... told him to get the XL.
Ill come back with a report in a couple weeks or whenever this trade in process goes through...

Great move u can't beat 60% off

Jebus

Jebus

4reals tho!! 60% is legit i only got 20% off lol, bro do me a favor n post your report on this thread, i'd like to see what you think of the trippy.

Yea the XL tips fit the battery juss like the reg chamber.. It's juss wider like u said & it has a bigger heat coil that's y it hits harder.. U don't need 2 buy a whole new Trippy Stix juss new chambers there $30 for the XL.. I'd only load .2 or .3 at a time b'cuz it don't hit as good if its over loaded plus u get a fresher hit.. If u load smaller chunks of wax it will all burn off clean with out 2 much mess.. If u use it heavy or u use wax that melts 2 oily the bottom of the Trippy chamber will leak out oil so u need 2 clean the bottom of the chamber & the top of the battery with a q-Tip & alcohol often.. It sounds hard but it's eazy

thanks again for all the info goo!! ill be sure to grab some XL chambers pretty soon. i cant wait to throw some wax in that trippy already, been trackin it looks like i should see it tomorrow. how many hits you usually get when you load up .2-.3? n im down to clean it bro i almost got the trippy wipes too but figure alcohol n a paper towel or Qtip(makes way more sense) work the same n i always have 91% around.

Hands down for a vape pen....get a persei by delta9. They are on the more expensive side as far a portable vape pens go ($200) but give the biggest and best rips while making a gram of oil last a pretty damn long time. Awesome for "on the road" and you can Pre load cartridges and never have to worry about running out. I'm fuckin shocked how long a gram lasts in mine and I rip the damn thing all day every day while in the shop working. Plus you can run dual or single Cartridges. Look into them if your serious about getting the best on the market.

delta9 also make the omincron rite? that was originally my 1st choice, i came close to buying one on a whim when the persei were 1st being introduced about a year back, but held off as i didnt know jack shit on any vape pens. so they do use carts, but can they be reused? i know that delta9 does make one of, if not the best in this market, but it is a little pricy n i will consider gettin one in the future but at the moment ill start with a trippy it was about 120$ n seems simple enuff for me to start with. i know this may sound redundant and anyone feel free to reply, i know these little things can give nice rips with big clouds of smoke n i understand its not as intense as dabbing but do you get somewhat or just about as loaded when jus using a vape pen?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've never really counted my hits I juss load a chunk & hit then b4 it's all gone I'm loading another chunk the XL chamber will run threw a gram pretty fast b'cuz it's gettin it hotter that's y the bigger hits.. The Trippy Stix gives more of a rip then a vape so it burns threw wax a bit faster then if u used a cart vape pen..

Jebus

Jebus

I've never really counted my hits I juss load a chunk & hit then b4 it's all gone I'm loading another chunk the XL chamber will run threw a gram pretty fast b'cuz it's gettin it hotter that's y the bigger hits.. The Trippy Stix gives more of a rip then a vape so it burns threw wax a bit faster then if u used a cart vape pen..

ok coo, i was reading the manual n says it wont produce any more smoke/vapor soon as its out, i was jus afraid it would keep burnin n id eventually smoke the stix and melt it or somthing but i fianlly got my trippy stix! n i almost threw some wax in soon as i opened it, but i was thrown off by the coil in the middle with the little spring/wire, jus pop the tip off n load it in the middle? i guess what im sayin is, it looks like that coil in the middle is fragile n i dont wanna break it when i clean it. i should be good rite? are you supposed to hold the button/light down for more than a few seconds so it can heat the wax up or should i jus hit as i push the button?

Jebus

Jebus

Trippy3
Trippy4

Jebus

Jebus

fuck it i jus loaded up a dab, n hit that shit, fuckin glad i bought this thing, taste like wax n i loaded the smallest dab ever n its still there slowly burnin :) will continue to report, as this is only the 1st hour ive had it. thanks for all the help goo!!

Jebus

Jebus

in all my rambling, i realized i jus wanna know if the inside of the chamber needs to be cleaned before every load? or is it mainly the connections i gotta worry about??

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

My bad I juss seen this post.. No u don't clean the coil after every load.. Only clean the middle where the 2 pieces connect.. Unscrew the 2 pieces & clean any wax that leaked out the bottom of the chamber on2 the battery treads.. It will gunk up there with wax & the battery won't have a good connection & won't turn on.. I only do that every few days..

I load Lil tiny hits I try 2 drop the wax right on the coil.. Never poke the coil or u could mess it up super eazy.. Enjoy ur new toy now u can take hits top secret everywhere u go

Jebus

Jebus

My bad I juss seen this post.. No u don't clean the coil after every load.. Only clean the middle where the 2 pieces connect.. Unscrew the 2 pieces & clean any wax that leaked out the bottom of the chamber on2 the battery treads.. It will gunk up there with wax & the battery won't have a good connection & won't turn on.. I only do that every few days..

I load Lil tiny hits I try 2 drop the wax right on the coil.. Never poke the coil or u could mess it up super eazy.. Enjoy ur new toy now u can take hits top secret everywhere u go

thanks for clearing that up bro, im loving this thing so far, ive been loadin lil bits of wax n try to drop em right in the center on the coil within the ceramic lookin piece. i was checkin the manual n at the end it says you should rinse the chamber in alcohol for a couple hours? im still kinda skeptical, you ever try that goo?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I get a zip lock bag & put the chamber in there with 91% alcohol & let it soak 4 a day.. It's not a issue with me b'cuz I got a Stix & my girl gots her own & we both have extra chambers

Top Bottom