Truckin Into My First Grow..

• Thread starter Trucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

Your humidity is rising when the lights go out due to the drop in temp. Just like the dew point outside occurs when the temp drops. You can google how to figure out dew point and there is a calculator, you plug in your current temp and humidity and it will tell you at what temp you will hit the dew point(actual moisture developing)
If possible you can try and adjust your on/off temps to be closer and you should get less of a rise in humidity
http://www.dpcalc.org

Trucker

Trucker

Not much change in them today. They got their water today and a daily check up as usual.
Here they are.
20160710 181258

sour diesel
20160710 181302

second sour diesel
20160710 181307

strawberry cough
20160710 181310

second strawberry cough (runt)
20160710 181314

Pakistan valley
20160710 181318

second Pakistan valley
20160710 181322

NL5 haze mist
20160710 181325

second NL5 haze mist

Trucker

Trucker

Well it seems there was more wrong when I had the power outage the other day. Apparently it fried my timer :( so the girls have been in the dark for just over 36 hours and I just put in the new timer. I took this unfortunate opportunity to change their light schedule from 7am to 7pm to the opposite to help with my humidity issue. Tomorrow I will restart with pictures. Hope everyone is having better luck than me lol

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Well it seems there was more wrong when I had the power outage the other day. Apparently it fried my timer :( so the girls have been in the dark for just over 36 hours and I just put in the new timer. I took this unfortunate opportunity to change their light schedule from 7am to 7pm to the opposite to help with my humidity issue. Tomorrow I will restart with pictures. Hope everyone is having better luck than me lol

Man those power outages can be rough.

The greatest cause of equipment damage from a power outage may be unavoidable electrical surges when power is restored. Although steps can be taken to protect equipment from surges, few people do.

You have a surge protector everything is plugged into?

Sorry to hear your misfortune.
Life is random as hell.
You'll get back on your feet and getting running again in no time I'm sure :)

Trucker

Trucker

Man those power outages can be rough.

The greatest cause of equipment damage from a power outage may be unavoidable electrical surges when power is restored. Although steps can be taken to protect equipment from surges, few people do.

You have a surge protector everything is plugged into?

Sorry to hear your misfortune.
Life is random as he'll.
You'll get back on your feet and getting running again in no time I'm sure :)
Yes everything is through a surge protector rated about 5 times more than my max draw. I'm just guessing I had a bit of a dud timer :(

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yes everything is through a surge protector rated about 5 times more than my max draw. I'm just guessing I had a bit of a dud timer :(

That sucks.

I remember a time as a child where I got home early from school. My parents weren't home yet. And there was a ridiculously intense rainstorm/lightning storm.
Lightning hit our building and I know for sure because the flash blinded me for a split second. The sound had no delay. And last @jumpincactus had one of those prank battery powered swear boxes. It had no batteries in it at the time.

When the lightning hit the building it went off. It said "fuck you". Parents came home and the vcr that box was on top of was toast from the electrical surge.

Fun times!

Last edited:
Trucker

Trucker

Ok after much delay here is an update. The lights are finally going as should be. They are on a 12/12 schedule from 7pm-7am now.
They were all watered the other day and get their nute feeding tonight when lights come back on.
One of the Strawberry Cough are possibly getting removed from the tent I have some pictures for you all of it so I can confirm. Other than that not a whole lot going on. They are starting to all get their green coloring back now that their lighting is back to normal.
Here are the pictures.
20160713 221224

sour diesel
20160713 221234

second sour diesel
20160713 221229

strawberry cough
20160713 221241

second strawberry cough (runt)
20160713 221244

Pakistan valley
20160713 221256

second Pakistan valley
20160713 221251

NL5 haze mist
20160713 221259

second NL5 haze mist

Trucker

Trucker

Here are the random pictures and some close ups as well.
20160713 221110

20160713 221118

20160713 221542

am I seeing what I think I'm seeing in this picture?
20160713 221543

and this one?
20160713 221526

and this one?
20160713 221605

this is the same plant as above 3 pictures
20160713 221012

also this one is same plant
20160713 221046

and another of same plant
20160713 221025

Last one of that same plant. This is the strawberry cough that is the tallest plant in the tent.

Moto

Moto

Here are the random pictures and some close ups as well.
View attachment 616164
View attachment 616165
View attachment 616167
am I seeing what I think I'm seeing in this picture?
View attachment 616168
and this one?View attachment 616169
and this one?
View attachment 616170
this is the same plant as above 3 pictures
View attachment 616171
also this one is same plant
View attachment 616172
and another of same plant
View attachment 616173
Last one of that same plant. This is the strawberry cough that is the tallest plant in the tent.

Plants look great overall :) Beautiful health..

Pluck those hermie balls ASAP.. Use cold Washcloth and just pull them off just to be safe.. :)

They are throwing balls from the light issue.. If you already corrected the situation pluck the balls and check everyday for new ones.. Persistence is key on this situation.. I have had stress herms do just fine rest of grow after correcting the issue .. :D

Hope this helps some
Moto

Trucker

Trucker

Plants look great overall :) Beautiful health..

Pluck those hermie balls ASAP.. Use cold Washcloth and just pull them off just to be safe.. :)

They are throwing balls from the light issue.. If you already corrected the situation pluck the balls and check everyday for new ones.. Persistence is key on this situation.. I have had stress herms do just fine rest of grow after correcting the issue .. :D

Hope this helps some
Moto
I will give it a try. Just don't want to risk the others in the tent if it continues to produce hermie balls. Will just have to keep a close eye on it.

Trucker

Trucker

Well tonight when I get home that hermie strawberry cough will be getting removed. I did a quick check before lights out this morning on my way out the door and it has got worse. Yesterday only two of the cola sites had them and I plucked them off. When I checked today 7 of the 8 cola sites had them and more of them. So I think with this being my first grow it is getting removed. I will chop it up put in a freezer bag and later process it for butter or something. :(

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Well tonight when I get home that hermie strawberry cough will be getting removed. I did a quick check before lights out this morning on my way out the door and it has got worse. Yesterday only two of the cola sites had them and I plucked them off. When I checked today 7 of the 8 cola sites had them and more of them. So I think with this being my first grow it is getting removed. I will chop it up put in a freezer bag and later process it for butter or something. :(

This is one of the positive aspects of mainlining. All the extra tops on the remaining females compensate for the lost males once removed. I count on it.

Remember Trucker. People who breed with feminized seeds are selective breeding increased chances of hermaphroditism.

Just keep that in mind when selecting the breeders of your female seeds. If they do it only to their final offspring of a stabilised phenotype and that plant is only used for smoke there are usually no problems.

Orcaman

Orcaman

I really think that you have a genetic herm and nothing to do with the light outage. Actually you were very lucky because the best way to flip your 12 hour cycle is a period total darkness. Every time that I have had a plant develop flowers at the nodes in early bloom they will start to develop too many flowers to control by removing. All I can say is in keeping it you are probably going to pollinate your tent. Just a little advise.:)

Trucker

Trucker

sorry to hear that man. did you take any cuttings from it?
No clone taken as I won't run this one again. I feel it's just a funky phenomenon as this one went hermie and the other seed from same genetics is my runt that just went all crazy lol l. I do have a clone of the runt but will see why it does in flower here on out to decide on its fate.

Trucker

Trucker

This is one of the positive aspects of mainlining. All the extra tops on the remaining females compensate for the lost males once removed. I count on it.

Remember Trucker. People who breed with feminized seeds are selective breeding increased chances of hermaphroditism.

Just keep that in mind when selecting the breeders of your female seeds. If they do it only to their final offspring of a stabilised phenotype and that plant is only used for smoke there are usually no problems.
I totally agree :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom