Trying to get the right information to cure my cousin's wife's cancer...HELP!!!

• Thread starter dirtyshawa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

She was extremely dedicated to the intense herbal diet and showed me the actual photographs of her Breast Cancer Tumor coming out of her breast! it was truly remarkable.
She was probably eating some healthy, organic meals too.

The bodies ability to fight when given the proper nutrition is amazing.
Don't discount some fungi either... (easy to grow as weed, cheaper too, no/little electric.
With 'The Man'!
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/02/health/tedmed-mushroom-man/

Why is the worlds best anti-biotic a fungi? Because some fungi developed anti-bacterial properties over eons, and humans have coexisted (and ingested) fungi since the dawn of humanity (probably even before that).

Western Medicine goes to circumvent nature. We are seeing the effects of that. Good and bad.
Find a balance.

squiggly

squiggly

Western Medicine goes to circumvent nature. We are seeing the effects of that. Good and bad.
Find a balance.

It seems strange to me you'd say this while referencing the antibiotic properties of fungi--considering this is where virtually all of our antibiotics are derived from.

I mean I agree in practice with where you're heading here, but it doesn't seem like those two things fit very well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
One thing I think many people seem to forget is that cancer is not a new disease. People have been dying from cancer for eons, LONG before we got all chemically and scientific an' shit. I feel it's fallacious logic to think that only this healthy eating, organics, etc, is what will cure based on our history. That's not to say that diet isn't extremely important--it absolutely is. But there are times, many of them, when diet is not the cure.
I don't know the particulars of her treatment, but the day I started this thread she just had surgery to have some organs removed. So, I don't think that treatment is an option at this point, but I'm not sure. I try to tip toe around the particulars of the treatment...it's a tense situation right now
I guess I've gotta ask, did they reach out to you on this subject, or did you just learn about what's happening and have a perfectly normal, emotional visceral reaction?

I ask because if they reached out to you, THEN ASK THE QUESTIONS. If they didn't, then definitely tread carefully. There's nothing worse for a person whose life is immersed in a disorder or illness than to have someone who's totally new to it come in and cover old ground or try to tell them things they may already know, or take them down roads they've already been.

squiggly

squiggly

One thing I think many people seem to forget is that cancer is not a new disease. People have been dying from cancer for eons, LONG before we got all chemically and scientific an' shit. I feel it's fallacious logic to think that only this healthy eating, organics, etc, is what will cure based on our history. That's not to say that diet isn't extremely important--it absolutely is. But there are times, many of them, when diet is not the cure.

I guess I've gotta ask, did they reach out to you on this subject, or did you just learn about what's happening and have a perfectly normal, emotional visceral reaction?

I ask because if they reached out to you, THEN ASK THE QUESTIONS. If they didn't, then definitely tread carefully. There's nothing worse for a person whose life is immersed in a disorder or illness than to have someone who's totally new to it come in and cover old ground or try to tell them things they may already know, or take them down roads they've already been.

More and more what we're seeing is that the diet (and hey, even pot!) is more a preventative measure with regard to cancer than it will ever be a curative thing. Of course, if you have cancer you should eat well and follow all of this good advice. I would be wary of homeopathic remedies, but as far as good nutrition goes--there is no confusion about what that entails, and whether or not its presents the best possible chance for a cure.

The truth is, though, that you really need to figure this out BEFORE you get cancer--not after. You have correctly pointed out the reasoning behind this Sea. Cancer is not a new thing, it has been killing everything for ages. It's just a part of DNA's fairly weak structure, and in part due to DNA polymerase's natural error rate (your body doesn't copy every strand of DNA perfectly, and cells are always dividing).

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

My mother called me and told me. He is my closest cousin, but I moved several states away from all of my family when my mother moved away. I think the information just began to circulate and she found out fairly recently. I'm sure I would've heared sooner, if I paid attention to my fb feed. She is extremely religious and my family believes she got my cousin in a cult. Last time I came to visit is when I was told this maybe 3-4 years ago, so it may have been a possibility that she kept it on the hush trying to pray it away. Anyway, she's been very receptive to the data and information I've provided. I called as soon as I heard and told her that cannabis oil stops the growth of tumors and the overall cancer fighting properties for most cancers prior to coming to the Farm for assistance. Also, I told her that I should be able to source the oil for her. She seemed opened to it when I talked to her maybe less than 24 hrs before starting this thread. I've been sending her a ton of information and videos by email and she responded back thanking me. When I got the email I was writing this big paper that was due in a few hours (finishing up my bus management info systems degree). I told her I'd call her in a few hours once I'm done, because I probably found a source for the oil. I've been calling everyday since, no answer and no reply to my emails. A days ago she posted a status on fb like, "Lord we surrender everything to your will" with my cousin tagged. I'm gonna keep trying to contact her...it's crazy, because her and my cousin got laid off a couple of months ago at the same time. They worked at the same place. Now he works for her church, but my mom said that his mom (my aunt) said they are sharing the cell phone. I don't know what to think, so that's why I don't know how to get in where I fit in, so to speak. I'm gonna call now.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

It seems strange to me you'd say this while referencing the antibiotic properties of fungi--considering this is where virtually all of our antibiotics are derived from.
Eastern medicine uses the fungi, western medicine puts it in a pill.
That is where I am going. I think you understood that, but yes it wasn't very clear.
Eastern medicine says "Anxiety?" try meditation or tai-chi... Western medicine says "Take this.", and sometimes 'See this guy to talk about it'.
Sure most Western treatments (pills) come from nature. We add the disconnect between nature and medicine that others may not. Especially when it comes to nutrition.
But otherwise, how would you sell pills?
Other places that 'customer/er patient' may just 'grow their own.'

Is very possible that Penicillium had been ingested for a long time, just not knowing what it was.
Origin of the Fleming strain
Charles La Touche was working with moulds from indoor air and especially those isolated from cobwebs. He isolated hundreds of strains from poorer parts of London and Sheffield (Hare 1970,Kingston 2008) and a large percentage of them were Penicillium chrysogenum and P. rubens.Furthermore, subsequent research has shown that these might be the most common Penicillium in indoor air (Scott et al. 2004, Samson et al. 2010). La Touche’s hypothesis was that these moulds could cause asthma, and this was later confirmed by, for example, Ward et al. (2010). It could very well be that one of La Touche’s cultures from indoor air contaminated Fleming’s plate, since they were working in the same building and Fleming always had his windows shut (Hare 1970). Both P. rubens and P. chrysogenum produce penicillin, and in that respect it is not surprising that P. rubens was present. It is noticeable that the historical important penicillin producers (Wisconsin strain NRRL 1951, Fleming’s strain CBS 205.57 = NRRL 824 = IMI 015378, and the strain first used for producing penicillin in submerged conditions CBS 197.46), all proved to be P. rubens.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3317369/

Just saying it's a balance, like all things in life. We steer too far to the Western Meds, you're taking a pills to combat the side effects of the pills for the side effects of the treatment.
Likewise, steer too far to the east and you won't take something that could save your life, you might as well just put your faith in God at that point.
90% (my guestimate) of adolescent disease in USA is diet/environment/activity related. Big money for Big Pharma, an entire generation needing lifelong, daily treatments (pills).

Paul Stamets didn't go all-in with the Turkey Tail. He used it in conjunction with Western Medicine. Of course this is in Seattle, with some open minded Seattle doctor...

@OP: Don't just focus on Colorado. Lots of good science going on in the West Coast, too. Wash, OR, Cali.

Last edited:
newentown

newentown

"Blinded by science."

It's a sad world when real cures are ridiculed and kept hidden from the masses of sick and suffering people... young and old. Big Pharma will never have real cures, too much money being made off what their doing. It's a trillion dollar biz and there's no stopping it. That's all I'll say on this thread, no need to debate or play mental Ping-Pong here....I'm gone. ;)
I would think that if Pfizer for 1 were to actually discover the cure for cancer it would be the ultimate pay day. I would not buy into the whole idea that their agenda is to keep it just below that of a cure for a greater monetary gain. Doesn't really make sense if you think about it

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

@OP: If you find out WHAT cancer she has...Then you will be more effectively able to help her and find studies. Otherwise it's like having a giant key ring, and not knowing which key to use.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I would think that if Pfizer for 1 were to actually discover the cure for cancer it would be the ultimate pay day. I would not buy into the whole idea that their agenda is to keep it just below that of a cure for a greater monetary gain. Doesn't really make sense if you think about it
$25/per day/ person
365 days year
=$9,000/year sales/person (low end?/I dunno never known anyone personally to see the bills)
x years = varies. But for sake of argument, let's use 10 (modern meds are keeping people 'treated' longer)

$90,000 per person for 'treatment'. (high profit margin on most pills, pills lend to scalability)

So if a 'cure' comes in a $10,000 per person, or grows naturally, or minimized with nutrition/education???

How much do they stand to lose???
I used to think like you, but watching them work for long enough...No, not anymore.

There really is only ONE real HARD DRUG in America...And it's green, with dead presidents.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

@OP: If you find out WHAT cancer she has...Then you will be more effectively able to help her and find studies. Otherwise it's like having a giant key ring, and not knowing which key to use.
I actually caught up with my cousin...He doesn't even know. He's gonna get back to me when he goes back to the house and talks with her. He did allude to her having part of her uterus removed. I'm not an expert on all the technical stuff associated with the female anatomy, but my guess would be ovarian cancer...maybe???

Natural

Natural

I actually caught up with my cousin...He doesn't even know. He's gonna get back to me when he goes back to the house and talks with her. He did allude to her having part of her uterus removed. I'm not an expert on all the technical stuff associated with the female anatomy, but my guess would be ovarian cancer...maybe???

If you got the word to her..she'll know it's an option. She's processing a lot right now..she might even be in mild shock..I know I would.
Doctor's are gonna want biopsies if they haven't already. My guess is that she was in pain and they did an MRI. They're going to want to do as much surgery as possible, before it metastasizes. Depending on tests and and what stage it is at..she'll have more options from there.
I would let her know your oil is always an option...if she's truly into it she will seek you out. She might even be into it, post surgery. If it were me I would seek you out, pre-surgery. But as you know this can be a difficult subject. If some pot farmers are willing to try and ostracize you..you can bet you might run into more opinions down the road..from family, friends, maybe even doctors. So, I would be discreet and as much to the point, with her, as possible.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

If you got the word to her..she'll know it's an option. She's processing a lot right now..she might even be in mild shock..I know I would.
Doctor's are gonna want biopsies if they haven't already. My guess is that she was in pain and they did an MRI. They're going to want to do as much surgery as possible, before it metastasizes. Depending on tests and and what stage it is at..she'll have more options from there.
I would let her know your oil is always an option...if she's truly into it she will seek you out. She might even be into it, post surgery. If it were me I would seek you out, pre-surgery. But as you know this can be a difficult subject. If some pot farmers are willing to try and ostracize you..you can bet you might run into more opinions down the road..from family, friends, maybe even doctors. So, I would be discreet and as much to the point, with her, as possible.
Well cannabis as a whole within our bloodline is pretty mandatory lol. However, I think her father use to be a minister and she's definitely a very very faithful and how to put it...i guess bible belt evangelical type of Christian. Her cancer is currently at Stage 3...she's getting reexamined next week to see how well the surgery went.

Natural

Natural

ahhh..well there you go. some people respond very well to surgery. I know a few women who are fine..years later. Stage 3 is fairly progressed..but depending on the type she has, there are usually pretty great recovery rates for the type of cancer. I bet she'd do great with an oil, if she's into it. Let us know what treatments she went with and if she takes an oil, what her screens are like. It's a fascinating subject.
Don't discount prayer either, I know people, who in all seriousness, credit their recovery upon a positive outlook.
Wishing you the best of luck if you get involved and with however all of this shakes out for her.

squiggly

squiggly

$25/per day/ person
365 days year
=$9,000/year sales/person (low end?/I dunno never known anyone personally to see the bills)
x years = varies. But for sake of argument, let's use 10 (modern meds are keeping people 'treated' longer)

$90,000 per person for 'treatment'. (high profit margin on most pills, pills lend to scalability)

So if a 'cure' comes in a $10,000 per person, or grows naturally, or minimized with nutrition/education???

How much do they stand to lose???
I used to think like you, but watching them work for long enough...No, not anymore.

There really is only ONE real HARD DRUG in America...And it's green, with dead presidents.

I know that people like to be rich--but I have more faith in people than this.

I can buy that some people at the top, and some people in the mid level, and some people at the bottom would go along with this--but the sheer scale of big pharma makes it pretty clear that either 50% of people MUST be awful humans (something I totally reject--I think the number is closer to 5%) or there's no way something like this could be perpetrated.

The reality is the science has led us in a direction towards these individualized cures relating to the specific genetic makeup of the cancer. The truth is that we just don't know how to target cancer "in general" without poisioning you "in general". The targeted cures are the wave of the future because science hasn't shown us any other way.

Are we looking? Hell yes, and there are some strides being made in the general case (we're learning more about cancer metabolism and how we might starve cancer cells without starving normal cells)--but we're a long way off from this miracle cure.

squiggly

squiggly

Well cannabis as a whole within our bloodline is pretty mandatory lol. However, I think her father use to be a minister and she's definitely a very very faithful and how to put it...i guess bible belt evangelical type of Christian. Her cancer is currently at Stage 3...she's getting reexamined next week to see how well the surgery went.

Pulling for you brother. I'll keep her in my thoughts. Not a religious man, but it's the least I can do.

squiggly

squiggly

Could be anything. If it's localized in her pelvic region it's likely to have been ovarian/cervical/uteran cancer. Were it bladder cancer she'd be gone already very likely.

DAT

DAT

I just quit my Oncology job today. It was too stressful. I was a PET/CT technologist. PET/CT is a diagnostic scan used to detect Cancer. I inject a radioactive sugar called F18FDG into the vien.we let circulates for 45 minuts prior to scanning. The isotope attatchs itself to any metabolically active cancer cells. I believe it to be a critical scan to get if you have Cancer pre chemo,radiation or any alternative method ... come back after treatmet for another scan to see if the treatment is effective.
There are many old PET/CT scanners still around. Those scanners require a larger amount of Radiation to be injected due to theolder technology. The newer scnners are quicker and require half the dose. I worked with both scanners.. the older scanner I would have to inject 15 to 18 mCi of FDG.. with the newer scanners only 4 to 8 mCi is nessasary... When getting diagnostic tests try to keep the radiation exposure down as much as possible.

squiggly

squiggly

When getting diagnostic tests try to keep the radiation exposure down as much as possible.

Especially when you're already irradiating them significantly with CT/PET. I refuse these imaging tests and demand MRI when imaging is necessary.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm thinking cervical.
I just quit my Oncology job today. It was too stressful. I was a PET/CT technologist. PET/CT is a diagnostic scan used to detect Cancer. I inject a radioactive sugar called F18FDG into the vien.we let circulates for 45 minuts prior to scanning. The isotope attatchs itself to any metabolically active cancer cells. I believe it to be a critical scan to get if you have Cancer pre chemo,radiation or any alternative method ... come back after treatmet for another scan to see if the treatment is effective.
There are many old PET/CT scanners still around. Those scanners require a larger amount of Radiation to be injected due to theolder technology. The newer scnners are quicker and require half the dose. I worked with both scanners.. the older scanner I would have to inject 15 to 18 mCi of FDG.. with the newer scanners only 4 to 8 mCi is nessasary... When getting diagnostic tests try to keep the radiation exposure down as much as possible.
That's a shame for the patients. My father is a retired radiologist and what with the discussions I grew up hearing him and my mother (registered dietitian) have, I think the only way to go for a more stressful position would be pediatric onco, or burn unit. Are you going to continue in the field? I ask this because it has often been the technicians who made the biggest difference for me whenever I've had to go to ER, with a kidney stone or some stupid shit like that, and the feeling I get from you is that you've got a great manner with patients.

DAT

DAT

Especially when you're already irradiating them significantly with CT/PET. I refuse these imaging tests and demand MRI when imaging is necessary.
yeah, I have been exposed to sooo much radiation in the Field, im surprised I don't glow at night.lol..I would like to get away from Nuclear Medicine and PET because of all the radiation exposure I get. The reason I took this last job I quit was because I had my CT certifcatiton and I got to do Diagnositc CT scans. SO I got plenty of experience with that now. But I have been thinkin about getting my MRI certification. I would like to get out of Diagnostic Imaging all together. but i have put so much hard work into building my career......Its just so damn depressing and im burnt out right now. I hope to bounce back quickly.
That's a shame for the patients. My father is a retired radiologist and what with the discussions I grew up hearing him and my mother (registered dietitian) have, I think the only way to go for a more stressful position would be pediatric onco, or burn unit. Are you going to continue in the field? I ask this because it has often been the technicians who made the biggest difference for me whenever I've had to go to ER, with a kidney stone or some stupid shit like that, and the feeling I get from you is that you've got a great manner with patients.
Thanks Seamaiden. Im not sure what im going to do . Im going to take some time off and think about things. Its funny though, what you see from the techs when your a patient and what goes on behind the scenes who they REALLY are you might be shocked.... ,You can have what you think is the most wonderful tech in the world, but when they get into the control room and try to work with their peers they can be very very hateful and mean. That's what I experienced , a lot of coworker abuse this last 2 years and no one cared. Not until I gave my resignation and the OH I HAD NO IDEA! then the begging and pleas, DONT leave, your a such great tech.. Ill change things for you...sure sure, a lil late.your mouth wash aint workin today HOney! lol! Thanks for the kind words sEamaiden, your so sweet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom