TSD *attempts* autos indoors, winter boredom.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Ur on it - personally I think ur first 2/4 autos are gonna suck by ur standards - you get em but

Moshmen

Moshmen

I made the jump and you can make it hard or as easy as ya want -
Oh and I’d never move back outside - no disrespect cuz I did it for years but after ya get it - there’s nuttin even close - I don’t even like smoking others weed just cuz I know what mines been thru

A

Alwispy

Yeah I have never messed with PH cause I've never needed to. I only bought the meters to see if the water was way off because this auto is being a pain, but I'm sure that's mostly my fault. @Moshmen the auto is in Ocean Forest. Honestly just want to be done with it and focus on the babies, doubt it's going to amount to anything decent at this point anyway. 7.7 is pretty high though no? Maybe I'll mix tap and something else... whatever, this is gonna be done soon either by harvest or swift death once I'm finally fed up, and the babies will be outside where I definitely do not care about PH.
Actually my tap water has a PH of 8.4 and an EC of .3, when I test the run off in plain Promix HP it comes out with a 6.5 ph. The buffering already happens right in the mix. I used to make the mistake of adjusting to 6.5 and watering until I decided to check the run off , it was 5.1 ! So I’m not sure or remember what your using for medium but check your run off with non adjusted PH first just to make sure it’s ok. Oh and btw don’t use a PH meter in distilled water it ruins them from what I remember reading somewhere at sometime. I could be wrong though 🤤

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I just need to stick to what I know lol.
Have you been using tap water so far? Sorry I can't provide a better opinion than the smart folks here. I've been using tap water so far and haven't encountered any problems that are attributable to the high pH of my water. It's usually above 7.0, somewhere between 7.2 and 7.6. I have only thought about adjusting it down.

Sometimes I think just checking the boxes on the list of best growing practices is what to do when we don't know what else to do. In other words, just do the best we can and see what happens. Lots of folks seem to have trouble with their first indoor grow, me included for sure. Eventually, we will figure out how to do better.

TSD

TSD

Actually my tap water has a PH of 8.4 and an EC of .3, when I test the run off in plain Promix HP it comes out with a 6.5 ph. The buffering already happens right in the mix. I used to make the mistake of adjusting to 6.5 and watering until I decided to check the run off , it was 5.1 ! So I’m not sure or remember what your using for medium but check your run off with non adjusted PH first just to make sure it’s ok. Oh and btw don’t use a PH meter in distilled water it ruins them from what I remember reading somewhere at sometime. I could be wrong though 🤤
Yeah I've never adjusted for ph. I need to test runoff now that I have a meter, I tested with the powder and it looked low, like 5 something. Instructions on meter said calibrate with distilled and clean with distilled then dry. 🤷‍♀️

Madbud

Madbud

I’m not a stickler for water pH either but this snow melt is great stuff. Something i haven’t seen mentioned is temp. They like it warmer, at least ambient room temp.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Captain's log, day 86. I think it's time to admit defeat on this auto. Looks like shit, smells like almost nothing, has barely any trichs and the hairs are turned, or fried, not sure which. Took of some leaves that were super burnt. Poor thing just looks pathetic and I don't think it's even worth drying to be honest. Need to focus on my real crop and stop wasting time on this thing.
20230401 102712

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Captain's log, day 86. I think it's time to admit defeat on this auto. Looks like shit, smells like almost nothing, has barely any trichs and the hairs are turned, or fried, not sure which. Took of some leaves that were super burnt. Poor thing just looks pathetic and I don't think it's even worth drying to be honest. Need to focus on my real crop and stop wasting time on this thing. View attachment 1346577
I had an auto that took forever to finish, burnt and yellow like nothing ive seen before, and had like no trichs until the last few weeks.Thinking it was just a shitty seed.
Prolly the same thing here lol

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

I had an auto that took forever to finish, burnt and yellow like nothing ive seen before, and had like no trichs until the last few weeks.Thinking it was just a shitty seed.
Prolly the same thing here lol
I mean I can let it keep sitting there dying for a few more weeks I guess lol. It was a freebie seed so I'm sure it wasn't top-notch... then I abused the hell out of it too. I just know once I transplant the babies, it won't be long before I need more light for them.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I mean I can let it keep sitting there dying for a few more weeks I guess lol. It was a freebie seed so I'm sure it wasn't top-notch... then I abused the hell out of it too. I just know once I transplant the babies, it won't be long before I need more light for them.
The one i grew was a freebie too. Hmm 🤔

Id let it go as long as you can, but once it starts interfering with you're actual crop, id axe that thing. Ive seen plants much worse finish out semi decent. Might make good hash.

TSD

TSD

The one i grew was a freebie too. Hmm 🤔

Id let it go as long as you can, but once it starts interfering with you're actual crop, id axe that thing. Ive seen plants much worse finish out semi decent. Might make good hash.
Yeah I thought of just sending it through the dry sift screens... but the amount of trichs it currently has make that seem like it's more work than its worth lol.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What I learned about autos, from following this topic, is that my interest in growing them could actually decrease from not interested to an even lower level of interest.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Is it too soon to move it outside? It might be interesting to see what it does out there. (I don't know what the weather is like there, though.)

TSD

TSD

I haven't updated this thread because I stopped caring lol. She still lives. Has been evicted to the outdoors because I needed my space for the babies. Figured maybe some cold weather would make her push some more trichs, and it seems to be working a bit, and she's fattened up more. She's on an all water diet until execution day. Notice the weird water looking sun reflection in this pic... trippy man lol.
20230420 170010

E

elusiveshame

What a difference! And how strange she went full force when put in the cold. Plants have a strange mind of their own.

Top Bottom