TurboNugs : UC 6xl 1200w tent grow...round 1

• Thread starter TurboNugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

Day 32 flower
I took the humidifier out and gave them a res change out two days ago. Everything is going good...at least i think it is lol.I also dropped the ph to 5.7 and got the ppm at 650. Still debating on the 800watt upgrade for the finish of this round. The 240v will be in an running by this evening also...gosh i cant wait to have some strong power and less stress about electrical stuff.View attachment 271457View attachment 271458View attachment 271459View attachment 271460

looking good in there bro kilin it very clean setup

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Thanks mang^^^^

Well got my 240v up and running last night. I ran the 2x600 for an hour to test everything out...medicated....pondered......looked at my extra fan and new roll of 6" flex ducting...hmmm. Attached the extra fan to help pull more air out of exhaust side..cool works beyond awesome. Got another 6" inline fan (craigslist special) $40 can fan. I installed the can to pull very cold air from outside along with bug screen/filter...this will dump into the tent for cooling. Ok running for a little....bam 55deg.....its time. Swapped in the 1k's....medicated....82deg was the highest the tent got the entire night. Did some more little tweaks today...so we'll see.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Thanks mang^^^^

Well got my 240v up and running last night. I ran the 2x600 for an hour to test everything out...medicated....pondered......looked at my extra fan and new roll of 6" flex ducting...hmmm. Attached the extra fan to help pull more air out of exhaust side..cool works beyond awesome. Got another 6" inline fan (craigslist special) $40 can fan. I installed the can to pull very cold air from outside along with bug screen/filter...this will dump into the tent for cooling. Ok running for a little....bam 55deg.....its time. Swapped in the 1k's....medicated....82deg was the highest the tent got the entire night. Did some more little tweaks today...so we'll see.
NICE!!!!!!!!!!

nothing feels as god as that cool breeze in the evening, especially when it is 'on tap'. The only heads up i'd give you, knowing your the OCD type and i don't want to freak you, is to look into a much better filter on anything coming into your grow directly. I'll tell you a little story about a grower that had restarted everything from seed because he wanted to know the stock was bug free from the start, long story short after months of success he decided he could use a little more cold replacement air coming into the grow directly, so he hooked up an intake got fair filters, a grade below HEPAs, and went to bringing in that nice cool air. Meanwhile two houses down, unknown to the super clean and cautious grower, the neighbor was having a losing war with 2 spotted mites, and had taken to the fashion of shaking out his rugs into the common area(right outside of the intake for the new cool air) and was hanging his mite ridden clothing out the window too! You can imagine the fun the grower had tracking down the source of his misery.

Better safe than sorry good filters are the difference, good filters!

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

^^^^^ I got a 2 layered industrial hepa filter mesh on all my intakes. It rocks and its free for me.

So got the heat figured out maxed out at 87deg over the past few nights. Went and did some housekeeping with wires and ducting. Everything is looking proper an safe in the area...plants oh plants love the new found light....a day or so of lumen shock but nothing scary.

WTF!!!!! My Control Wizard 24-7 nutrient monitor is being an ahole....so lights off she reads awesome. The second the lights turn on BOOM she takes a dump ph drops to 1.2 the ppm shoots to 890 and the temp is a scorching 89 deg.....quick call to the manufacturer. I really dont like being a "cheap skate " but damn maybe i should of ponied up and got the blue lab combo meter.
So the problem is my Galaxy 1000w ballast was emitting a frequency or something and is pissing off the meters in the epi or the display thats 7 ft away from the ballast. Dude said "just try getting them farther apart" . So im gonna try doing that and see what i can get away with on cord length. If it still screws up then ll try an return it. FML :confused:

So back to the good ole hand helds...awesome.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Most meters shouldnt be used around ballasts. I take a cup ut the epi and test in a separate area. So, yep I went back to pens.. I dig your thread btw.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looks like there's a bit too much Nitrogen as the leaves are starting to show the claw... Hopefully the res change will resolve any issues in your nutrient profile...

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Most meters shouldnt be used around ballasts. I take a cup ut the epi and test in a separate area. So, yep I went back to pens.. I dig your thread btw.

Yep thats a good way to test...yeah pens save the day. Thanks man i hope i can finish up to the standards i see on here.

Looks like there's a bit too much Nitrogen as the leaves are starting to show the claw... Hopefully the res change will resolve any issues in your nutrient profile...

To much N....what should i cut back on bloom or boost then...i gave them a kiss of cal mag and silica blast last night. Thanks Shady!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I'd simply reduce the N or increase P and K to offset the nutrient profile...

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Ok guys...did a change out last night, i only ran the water for 7days. I was thinking a few days ago about the "leaf curl" Shady mentioned a post or two ago. So after getting a confirmed diagnosis on my "curl" i did a change out with a new profile....so new i had the fill valve on and running along with draining at the same time...got the ppms really low felt confident in my new water/profile. So i added 90ml of bloom, 125ml boost and a little monster bloom powder to the mix at one tablespoon for all 45 gallons...ph is at 5.9, ppm 465, water never goes above 68.

So after an hour or two the new profile is already working...curling leaves are starting to straiten out. Awesome advice here guys...awesome.

Thanks again Shady/Farm!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Ok guys...did a change out last night, i only ran the water for 7days. I was thinking a few days ago about the "leaf curl" Shady mentioned a post or two ago. So after getting a confirmed diagnosis on my "curl" i did a change out with a new profile....so new i had the fill valve on and running along with draining at the same time...got the ppms really low felt confident in my new water/profile. So i added 90ml of bloom, 125ml boost and a little monster bloom powder to the mix at one tablespoon for all 45 gallons...ph is at 5.9, ppm 465, water never goes above 68.

So after an hour or two the new profile is already working...curling leaves are starting to straiten out. Awesome advice here guys...awesome.

Thanks again Shady/Farm!
That SHADY is WISE!!! hope its all going well i'd love to get a peek if you have the pics to post, i'm betting the screen is filling nicely!!
PLEASE CONFIRM!!! If ya can,.......:D

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Well since the stretch seemed to stop i ditched the screen idea....not enough veg time (next round maybe). It really wasnt hard to take out surprisingly. The new profile worked a little its kinda curling so im just topping off with boost and no bloom (only done this twice since then...the bubs seem to like it and the new light. I also caged 2 of the apes they got droopy. Had a mid week fiasco with the pump inlet line being clogged...not fun.
Im fixing to get started on next round in clone soon...
Anyway fresh of the press...

Day 42

20121205 202343
20121205 202414
20121205 202427

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Looking real nice gonna have some baseball bats in there

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Very nice.. I have a feeling it's gonna get fat in there...

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Very nice

Thank you sir...much appreciated!

looking good over there

Thanks man...wish i had more stretch like your Fire did....more vegg next time.

Looking real nice gonna have some baseball bats in there

Gosh i hope so....batter UP!

Very nice.. I have a feeling it's gonna get fat in there...

Hoping so man....got give the chunky girls some love.

Everything is looking good/ok....little sad about the lack of height on the girls, but they do fill out more and more everyday. Probably do a change out sometime this weekend.

Anyone up for some lights out pics? I dont like bothering them to much during night night....but a quick shoot wont hurt anything.

Thanks again fellas!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I'm always down for the lights out bling! BTW, watch your PPM's and pH now that you hit them harder with the PK boost...

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

For my homie Shady....Bling! Yep will keep a close eye on them...fosho. I just finished a change out and got aggressive (Shady) with the pk boost. Still gotta wait for everything to settle. Shooting for ph 5.4, 5-600ppm.

Sorry for the blur....you get the point tho.

20121207 132144
20121207 132201
20121207 132208
20121207 132215

Happy Friday!

Top Bottom