Turn for the worse

• Thread starter Fr3nzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Plants have been looking like shit past few days. RH and temp been around 60-65,60-55% last night got cold so put heat lamp up and kept around 70 but dropped humidity to around 32% when I got home. Put heater in water and I'm around 42% now and climbing. Ph/light/moisture tester came in today. Watered all on friday. Moisture is 5.5 in all but 2 that are dry (3)and leaves seem unaffected. Miracle gro and my silly ass fed 20-20-20 about 3 weeks in and all down hill sense. But with that was reported early again silly. Ph is around 6.8 6.9. Light read at 500 with light 32" above. Tested water today no iron copper nitrites nitrates. But hardness through the roof. With low to no chlorine. Thinking shit drainage, first time I watered I felt I overwater, so on friday I didnt let water run out just got it wet and felt much heavier compartivley.
Turn for the worse
Turn for the worse 2
Turn for the worse 3
Turn for the worse 4

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Should I just transplant? And can i cut the mg with moss and perlite? I have warm castings perlite vermiculite and peatmoss, I just dont know a mix. Also since water is shit and wont have to for a little while is there any bought water that's decent like spring water?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Should I just transplant? And can i cut the mg with moss and perlite? I have warm castings perlite vermiculite and peatmoss, I just dont know a mix. Also since water is shit and wont have to for a little while is there any bought water that's decent like spring water?

Transplant into good soil asap. Like the other member said, foxfarm have great soil for cannabis. You won't need to feed for several weeks after transplant.

For water you can just buy reverse osmosis water in gallon jugs from any grocery store.

uphere

uphere

The problem with MG is the time release nute pods. There really isn't a way to mix down. It becomes a problem when flowering. Wish I had better news. On the plus side you should easily be able to make correction with what you have. Good luck on your grow.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Awesome go by home depot everyday, thanks for the hope. I'll swing by tmrw after work and get it situated. What percentage perlite?

Anthem

Anthem

Your plants are over watered. Seen a lot of guys using those paper pots and they seem to always have an issue with over watering in the paper pots. I would loose the paper pots and replant in FFOF as mentioned above. There are some on this site saying it is too hot. I have never had a problem with it being too hot.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Ya I have plastic 2 gal black plastic pots to put them in. I will have fox farm tomorrow and ro water to transplant. 30% perlite added sound right? Also on transplant should I do a light water? If they are overwaterd or run water till a little drains off?

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

I know after transplant light should be lowered. But as of now I get 500 fc but have seen up to 2500 is acceptable. It's a cool running light and have 32" above plant what light calls for, I can raise it to where I have 350fc. Also I'm just running veg setting. Should I run that till flower then use both settings?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Stop feeding nutes, and why do you think you need RO water? Do you have meters, what's your tap water pH & ppm?

They don't have foxfarm at Lowes or Home Depot in my area, maybe they will in yours

if not here's a mix I'm using now using the ingredients you have listed:

2/2/1

Pro mix (peat moss)/perlite/worm-castings

I'll be around early in the morning after coffee if you have any questions; If you'd like to read more about this mix or how I use it check out the beach house in grow journals, good luck

Last edited:
Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

I tested my well water and it's well above 425ppm. Have a blurry picture above lol. Also asked what kind of water I can buy till I got a filter. I figure nut burn would be do to the extra amount of calcium and mag in my water coupled with very low dose feed 1 week and 2 days ago, And the hot mg potting soil. Figured ro water made sense do to knowing its zeroed out.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Your plants are over watered. Seen a lot of guys using those paper pots and they seem to always have an issue with over watering in the paper pots. I would loose the paper pots and replant in FFOF as mentioned above. There are some on this site saying it is too hot. I have never had a problem with it being too hot.
And over fertilized. Less is more here. If the soil is that wet from watering friday, those plants are drowning. More drainage, less water. First thing is to take a pencil and poke holes in those peat pots. Those things are horrible for pot; they don't drain for shit. No more fertilizer, for two weeks and get one of the cannabis blends, any major brand. When you use that, use half strength. Fertilizer is not food for the plant, light is. Fertilizer is vitamins.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Its not your hard water, its the 20-20-20 feed, full strength thats like rocket fuel.
+1 I use 20-20-20 and its powerful, best to stop using it for now! Plants that size in soil wouldn't get any nutes for about another month in my garden

And you can't use your water at 425 PPM, so imo you going to have to do something about that before you can succeed, even cut it 50/50 with ro or distilled would be an improvement

Also 6.9 pH is too high for soil, 6.5 is as high as you wanna go, best wishes!

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Agreed, and who said I used full dose I used half tsp in a gallon. That's half dose. Also I was told to do it by a obvious hack. That's why I am here. Thanks for help no ffof in 100 mile radius and 4 days is as soon as I can get it. Will they last?

Madbud

Madbud

Agreed, and who said I used full dose I used half tsp in a gallon. That's half dose. Also I was told to do it by a obvious hack. That's why I am here. Thanks for help no ffof in 100 mile radius and 4 days is as soon as I can get it. Will they last?
This is FF Grow Big, standard for beginners. Note the dosage for general feeding and seedlings.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Triple the standard dosage of 20 20 20. I'm sure its weaker strength, less likely to overdue it. I bet if I used better soil and better water this wouldn't have got so bad. But just bought a ro, and still searching for soil, have 2 greenhouses looking for comparable or it. Wait and see I guess.

Top Bottom