Turn for the worse

• Thread starter Fr3nzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

2.5 hours latter and they seemed to of enjoyed the watering. Maybe didnt jump the gun to much.
20200506 220445
20200506 220453

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Repotted yesterday, lowered lights back after 24 hours. Dont seem like any shock. Hope I can change lights within next couple days. Middle plant is 12 inches. Should I veg longer? Would I assume they would finish 24"? No clue on strain.
20200516 010640
20200516 010549

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

I think I'm going to wait till next water, water it then let top dry for a day or so before 36 hours dark. Is the 36 hours od dark before 12/12 c'mon practice? Read it made transition for plants easier?

20200516 223351
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think I'm going to wait till next water, water it then let top dry for a day or so before 36 hours dark. Is the 36 hours od dark before 12/12 c'mon practice? Read it made transition for plants easier?
I feel it's beneficial to skip 1 light cycle more recently. I used to flip straight away 12/12 without issue. 36 I think would be more beneficial before harvest.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

I'm thinking of flipping tonight, see how they look tonight 24 hours after feeding. So 24 hours dark I should start in the morning when lights should be on right. Still have the questionable male. So just wait for balls before pull.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup just skip one light cycle and start the 12/12 the next morning. I can't say for sure it helps but I'm leaning that way and it won't hurt. Just make sure any equipment in the room that has lit up led is tapped over unless it's green

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Yup just skip one light cycle and start the 12/12 the next morning. I can't say for sure it helps but I'm leaning that way and it won't hurt. Just make sure any equipment in the room that has lit up led is tapped over unless it's green
Yes I was reading horror stories. All that work for a little led to ruin. I'm super excited to see some buds forming.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

When I got home today
20200519 180452

Now I'm starting to understand trimming. That the plant is taking shape. Didnt want to go crazy first grow. Front left I fim'ed not sure if it's right but its growing. Also I think back left is a male. So lights off for 24 tmrw morning. Wondering what week of flower would be best to clean some of them up?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When I got home today
View attachment 975042
Now I'm starting to understand trimming. That the plant is taking shape. Didnt want to go crazy first grow. Front left I fim'ed not sure if it's right but its growing. Also I think back left is a male. So lights off for 24 tmrw morning. Wondering what week of flower would be best to clean some of them up?
Either atleast a week or so before or wait till week 3 after stretch is my opinion

Anthem

Anthem

When I got home today
View attachment 975042
IMO I would wait at least another week before switching to 12/12. Those girls will really grow in the next week. Just my opinion but I do tend to grow large plants

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

IMO I would wait at least another week before switching to 12/12. Those girls will really grow in the next week. Just my opinion but I do tend to grow large plants
Ceiling is 7' but light with hanger at max is 1' down. I was wanting to wait just didnt know if it's a good idea, dont want plant slammed on light, knowing my luck that is.

Reactions: Ina
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Awesome go by home depot everyday, thanks for the hope. I'll swing by tmrw after work and get it situated. What percentage perlite?
Just fyi....it's WAY overpriced at home depot. Last I checked here it was over $40 a bag. That's Ludacris. ~$20 tops. I pay $16 per 2 cubic feet and it's worth EVERY penny. I'd recommend using their Trio of nutrients as well. Great stuff.

Cheers

Anthem

Anthem

Ceiling is 7' but light with hanger at max is 1' down. I was wanting to wait just didnt know if it's a good idea, dont want plant slammed on light, knowing my luck that is.
First off I am glad to see you salvaged the plants. So if I understand you correctly you have 72" of height to work with. The math is simple. Deduct the distance the light can be from the plant. BTW once you see actual buds the plant can handle more light, meaning you can run the light closer to the tops about week 3 or 4 of flower. Your plants seem to be about 50/50 indica to sativa. So plan on say a 2/3 of size at switch for stretch. You got about 12" tall pots, say 18' for distance from top of canopy to lights. That is 30". Take 30 away from 72. We got 42". So you could run the plants to 24" tall before flipping. I tend to believe larger plants grow better buds.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

First off I am glad to see you salvaged the plants. So if I understand you correctly you have 72" of height to work with. The math is simple. Deduct the distance the light can be from the plant. BTW once you see actual buds the plant can handle more light, meaning you can run the light closer to the tops about week 3 or 4 of flower. Your plants seem to be about 50/50 indica to sativa. So plan on say a 2/3 of size at switch for stretch. You got about 12" tall pots, say 18' for distance from top of canopy to lights. That is 30". Take 30 away from 72. We got 42". So you could run the plants to 24" tall before flipping. I tend to believe larger plants grow better buds.

Ya I had light a wee close and have a tad light stress so I'm probably going to wait till that works out so 24" it is tallest atm is 17 3/4.

Just fyi....it's WAY overpriced at home depot. Last I checked here it was over $40 a bag. That's Ludacris. ~$20 tops. I pay $16 per 2 cubic feet and it's worth EVERY penny. I'd recommend using their Trio of nutrients as well. Great stuff.

Cheers

I ended up with dr earth, due to flu ship time was nuts on amazon for it. Next grow I'm planning ffof with the trio.

Anthem

Anthem

Ya I had light a wee close and have a tad light stress so I'm probably going to wait till that works out so 24" it is tallest atm is 17 3/4.

I ended up with dr earth, due to flu ship time was nuts on amazon for it. Next grow I'm planning ffof with the trio.

You could probably go a bit taller, but this is your first grow and not trying to sound like a D_ _ k, it would be best if you finished the run and learned as much as you can. This stuff takes time and patience. Not everyone can grow.

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

You could probably go a bit taller, but this is your first grow and not trying to sound like a D_ _ k, it would be best if you finished the run and learned as much as you can. This stuff takes time and patience. Not everyone can grow.

I think that has been the key to fixing my problem, I just backed off and watched them grow. Cut the old leafs after 50% damage from the toxicity. Waited till a tad wilt for water to know how soil looks or how they even look. Way better then over water and are back up a hour or 2 later. And low dose nutes. There is so much to learn one grow isnt enough time nor the time to learn everything. Finish the race right.

Top Bottom