U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

ENOUGH OFF TOPIC If the US vs. Canada crap continues i'll close this thread up. Stay on topic and be courteous towards each other regardless of personal views.

B

Buddy Hemphill

you right.

sorry for jackin the thread.

I dont even know a canadian. I was raised in the deeep south. Just fuggin around havin fun talkin shit.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
BACK on topic: I spent close to an hour yesterday talking with my oldest boy. I got a report from my husband after he checked out my son's facebook--MY son was planning on voting yes! I sincerely hope, and do believe, that I have convinced him not to go that route. The question is, will he be motivated enough to convince all his friends that he'd gotten on board to go along with the change?

If I talk to them, I betcha I could do it. Passion helps, logic and picking the proposition apart piece by piece and illustrating how it's NOT legalization should win the day.

true grit

true grit

Thanks folks!

And yes Seamaiden I agree, everyone in my fam in Cali i talk to has/had no clue were planning on voting Yes....well needless to say a few quick links and short conversation later and the word is spreading in their circles...lack of info or misinfo better not let this pass

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

Seamaiden is he under 21? Did he give you a reason for voting yes? I'm curious to hear what the uninformed are saying and how they have been misled by media. Especially Bay Area Media..that's the hot bed of mis info' these days

I have to say that since the feds laid down there ultimatum I would bet the majority of republicans will vote NO along party lines...AND since the dem's will split their votes YES/NO I don't see how it can pass. Usually hot issues in Cali go near 50/50 and with dems splitting it doesn't seem possible to pass..I hope that makes sense

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Skwirlgirl
I have been talking to a lot of people that want 19 to pass. Thier reasoning never seems to get past that in their eye's it will make marijuana "legal"..."Dude, we can finally legally smoke it"...Even though most have 215 cards, and are already better protected due to the fact a doctor prescribed it for them..One of the things that gave me a little bit of a laugh, and a lot of relief was the fact that they said they had never voted(all over 21...most 23-30ish), and probably wont vote this time either..

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

good point wolfen. I said it before alot of folks knee jerk reaction will say they want it legal...and since the YES proponents are preaching constantly thru' the media that their ahead in the polls a fair amount won't bother to vote under the assumption it's passing with or without their vote. That and their lazy voters to begin with...

I'm still holding to my prediction of 58% to 42% NO victory. Vegas odds have it 54 to 46..

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
so if this bill passes it voids all 215 med cards for californias? and if it does pass they cant just add another amendment next year as well to correct any problems?

S

skindeep35

I fuckin HATE the government

PROP 19 is NOT LEGALIZATION. FREEDOM? 5X5 space? fuckin bullshit

if it was LEGAL... i could grow a whole 50 acre field if I owned the land and paid the taxes

"no matter what voters do in November" WHAT? SO the sheriff clearly does NOT represent the p[people..remove that fascist asshole..by any means necessary

i dont know about u guys, but I am one of those coming out of the hills with shotguns...its time for a new civil war....its time to stop being laid back pussies and fight for our fucking freedom

who the fuck gave anyone the right to tell me what I can and cant do with my own body? If i want to smoke cocaine till my heart explodes, As long as I dont steal your money to do it...;then who the fuck cares? it DOES NOT make me a criminal

im so sick of everyone supporting medicinal use and trying to sugar cote fucking weed...fucking pot is FUN to smoke.."technically" it relieves my depression, but realistically... I just love smoking pot and its fucking FUN..i dont NEED it...

some people do....cool..just goes to show how awesome smoking pot is.....and

if the feds come to my garden...you will hear about me on the evening news and we should ALL be that way...we have rights..stop being pussies

ignore our votes? REALLY? just think about that people!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP

B

Buddy Hemphill

so if this bill passes it voids all 215 med cards for californias? and if it does pass they cant just add another amendment next year as well to correct any problems?

unless its the straw that broke the camels back....in the feds eyes.

which IMHO is why the head of the DEA is threatening us...if we pass it, I am afraid they are going to invoke the federal law and have a fucking field day.

Thats what he SAID he would do...which could be a political move and not a real threat. I'm not willing to call him on it to find out if he means business.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
your not supose to threaten people to vote a certain way

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I am not an expert on this subject, but I don't think it voids prop 215. There is nothing in the wording that would suggest that, but if some local city or county wanted to they could manipulate the wording of the taxing aspect of the article to assume any type of sales/donation is subject to taxing, and then make it illegal for co-ops to do business in their county/city..
Case in point..Bakersfield(I think Kern valley) Sherrif has time and again said he doesn't care about prop 215, marijuana is an illegal drug and even if you are legal under the state you will be(and there has been many) arrested for possession(sometime with intent to distribute). Of course most of these have not been prosecuted, but you are still subject to several days in county, you stuff being confiscated, and destroyed. Let go without an apology, and told the sheriff's dept will be watching you(Fresno has something similar just not so draconian)

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

in regards to an add on to the amendment...This is extremely difficult to do under the best of circumstances..Doubt it would happen with something so divisive as legalization of a controlled substance..
Its best to not vote in favor of it and put a law in that has better language, and is an all around better law...
personally I favor decriminalization as opposed to legalization, but thats a different thread

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

DEA...Feds..they're all controlled by someone. My guess is the medical folks are panicking and puttin pressure on their feds to nip it in the bud..and possibly the alchohol people too.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I suspect that law enforcment(DEA in paticuler) has trouble with the idea that a large percent of the population favors at the very least marijuana use for medical purpose. It basically says to them that after all these years of "The war on drugs" which has failed so miserably(which it has) that the publics opinion of certain drugs is shifting, and policy will shift with it...
DEA, and local police that "battle" drugs would/could never want the war to end, even if they won it...Would you want to be so good at your job that you are no longer needed? In their minds legalization of marijuana(even a bad version of it like Prop 19) would make it so that fewer of them would be needed, and then what would they do?...Perhaps join the ATF/FBI and burn children alive(Waco), shot woman holding their children(Ruby Ridge)... oops sorry off subject..
No matter what..legalization in California wont stop the feds from arresting people, but it could make it more difficult if the laws language stops local police from being used in conjunction with the DEA.

marski420

marski420

Bwaaahahahahah!!!!!! you are hilarious!....

Bigger in what? Land mass and male pussy population?..

Less than 1000 murders a year? Wow!!!!....

Who gives a fuck? Its fuckin canada.....lol.....

Does it feel funny knowing no matter how mad you get....you're still one of our little bitches?...

or have you all just become accustomed to it? ( I know most have....I have watched the CFL before)...lol...theres a joke...canadian football.....but, I digress....

Canada and canadians are the US's little bitches. When we say jump... your president or king or WTFever sham government leaders we let you guys have....they say "HOW HIGH!".....

because they are our bitch. Like you are. Go ahead... admit it. You know you want to be an American. I cant imagine you havng to grow up in the shadow of the US...knowing you would always be...JUST.. another pussy canadian doing the bidding of the US....sucking hind tit for eternity..

Like the rest of your brethren.

Dude, down south canadian IS what we call punks. Canadian is the new "N" word down south....lol....haven't you heard anybody replacing the words idiot, pussy, fool, ....with "canadian"......lol....

and the funny part is..... I AINT MAKIN THAT UP!!!!

you fucking canadian/bitch/idiot/fool/!!!!!!!!!!

see....it all sounds the same because it IS all the same.:rock

OH Yeah!....Post me another FAKE ASS you tube video ....please...my wife and I had a great laugh watching that scripted bullshit. It was hilarious.

The pure unintelligence of your post amazes the shit out of me. You say that video was scripted, are you fucking retarded?? This isnt Cali its Canada.. I live a couple hours from where that took place and know for a fact those are real cop cars and police.

Back on track here.. You dont even know anything about my country (As made obvious by what you said, LMAO @ that) and yet you think you know shit!!

Wow.. football isnt as good in Canada. We like sports that are a little more rough up here fucko, Lacrosse and Hockey.. Tell me, were such pussys and all that yet the best and toughest hockey / lacrosse players ARE Canadian. What 2 sports allow fighting in them.. YOU GUESSED IT PUSSY!! We lose teeth in hockey and take it with a fucking smile, we knock pukes like you out and think nothing of it while the crowds ROAR

We do all the bidding of the US.. Really you inintelligent goon? If you knew ANYTHING outside your tiny bubble you call America you would know all your fresh water, is ours. Comes straight from us right to you! Our country is fully sustainable without any help from others, is your country? NOPE.. They have to plot 9/11 attacks to steal resources from other countries who can hardly fight back.. Fuck, your troops are SO disgracefull!! I have seen and heard real troops testimony to his sqaud going into villages, killing the adults and raping the young girls who whitnessed her parents dying, then killing the young girls when their done!!

Your fucking pigs, War pigs infact.

A

amstercal

Twist: It won't void rx's. Everything will stay in place for patients except the cultivation limits. That's in jeopardy because that word was (coincidentally? I don't have an anti-Lee stance because I don't know him to make a judgement, but the omission of the word does benefit him as someone who has already made it known he will be pursuing a commercial growing license and limited medical growers to the 5x5 would eliminate his competition) left out of the section that protects 215.

The AG is not threatening people into voting a certain way. He's just reminding them that it's still illegal under federal law. At least the administration came out and said how they'd be handling it. I kind of thought they wouldn't since Obama still has another election to go through. This at least remind the pro-19 people that there is the costly and frustrating federal battle to be had.
My county doesn't have any city-approved dispensaries currently because every city has banned them. This prop just ensures that not only would we not be getting these new "pot stores" but dispensaries would now be under even more heat because now the feds would be back on their case checking to make sure they're not a "pot store."

Oh and in addition can we stop the gay bashing? I realize some of you may genuinely feel that way and I don't expect to change your belief system, but could we keep it off here? Please.

Illmind

Illmind

I wouldn't mind living in canada personally. And it ain't all unicorns and rainbows I know a few that got popped up that way with shit you couldn't imagine. Down here it would've been the bust of the century but apparantly finding mills in cash 10's of mills in drugs and 500K in weapons is the norm up there. Oh and it was in a 2 million dollar house too. Montreal was the first hells angels chapter and most violent and feared. Well most feared they may have been second. Look up the elton john looking dude who was head of em for awhile named "Mum". Dude was a monster off his chain. And I don't think canada gives two shits about america they just dont want a war is all so they do shit to appease us now and again. Where do you think detroit get all that X from? They sure as hell ain't makin it. And calling our troops disgraceful is fuct up man you need to dead that stupid shit.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

The DEA is not a large agency..I dont think it has 500 agents. Thats for all of The US and its territories. They need local police to help them with just about everything they do. Intelligence, and serving warrants and searches in particular. If the law doesn't allow local police to help, then the DEA will be hard pressed to do anything on scale, and they are not likely to do raids on small time growers, or co-ops by themselves(unless a person makes trouble..kind of like what we sometimes do here..lol). If the language of the law states that local police cannot help, and they do then the local cops are in violation of state law, and can be prosecuted(and/or get a good lawyer, and sue that local agency for violating your state rights)

Top Bottom