U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Plastic.Feet

I am not an expert on this subject, but I don't think it voids prop 215. There is nothing in the wording that would suggest that, but if some local city or county wanted to they could manipulate the wording of the taxing aspect of the article to assume any type of sales/donation is subject to taxing, and then make it illegal for co-ops to do business in their county/city..
Case in point..Bakersfield(I think Kern valley) Sherrif has time and again said he doesn't care about prop 215, marijuana is an illegal drug and even if you are legal under the state you will be(and there has been many) arrested for possession(sometime with intent to distribute). Of course most of these have not been prosecuted, but you are still subject to several days in county, you stuff being confiscated, and destroyed. Let go without an apology, and told the sheriff's dept will be watching you(Fresno has something similar just not so draconian)

Just one more reason why no one wants to live in Bakersfield. :mooning Just for you, Sheriff Whats-his-nuts.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if it passes it will be a crippling blow to the DEA and all other yahoos. what are they gonna do then? try and make the news for legal bust's under state law?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seamaiden is he under 21? Did he give you a reason for voting yes? I'm curious to hear what the uninformed are saying and how they have been misled by media. Especially Bay Area Media..that's the hot bed of mis info' these days

I have to say that since the feds laid down there ultimatum I would bet the majority of republicans will vote NO along party lines...AND since the dem's will split their votes YES/NO I don't see how it can pass. Usually hot issues in Cali go near 50/50 and with dems splitting it doesn't seem possible to pass..I hope that makes sense
24yo and his words were much along the same lines as what I've been reading; it's SOMETHING; I don't want to wait another 30 years (I did laugh when he said that to me, ya know?); it's making it *legal*! One thing he did say that most don't is that he feels cannabis is going to become corporatized no matter what.

I'm gonna start planting the Slow Money seed in response. ;)

What convinced him was when I told him which sections to look up that made his mother into a criminal. He knows I've never been in any trouble and he doesn't want me to go to jail any more so than I do. That was when he finally seemed to concede.

Changing a proposition can be a *very* difficult thing, given Cali's structure and the way we vote. I believe we have a proposition on the ballot that changes a previous proposition. Depending on whose television ads are more convincing.... well, there ya go.

Illmind

Illmind

I'm feeling the same thing kid twist, plus I don't think the people who voted for it are gonna go for that. And one thing the gov doesn't want besides world peace is a bunch of pissed off voters. And seamaiden you are right the big biz is gonna get involved more with it either way the vote goes. Hemp and cannabis can be used for a lot of profitable things. We all know how Big Corps love money and hate mom and pop stores hehe.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if the vote goes no. it will be a perfect opportunity for pharma to come in and say "they voted no, because they don't want regular Joe to grow it". you need someone like us with experience to step in a grow pot in sanitary conditions "this is medicine" do you want mite infested or mold infested medicine. do you want your grand mothers only choice to be some moldy bud sold at the local dispensary grown by a convict?

edit: i had said this once before "medicine needs to be handle by professionals". shit they make a 16 year old take a test to get his license, or a hairstylist to cut hair. but anyone can grow medicine sold to many people out of a dispensary?

R

Rabbi

ROFLMAO...........I can just see a suited biz type(Big Pharm) bringing pounds (cause if it ain't legal CVS wont distribute) to try and sell at one of these Left wing green granola "Fuck big Pharm" clubs and there bone thru the nose all tattooed "fuck Big Biz" employees in the Bay area.....only to do the walk of shame having to walk out all heavy cause the 28 year old making the purchasing decision doesn't agree with the Suited Big Pharms view of their mass produced hemps value.

I think if its legalized it will be almost identical to the wine Industry at least in Cali. with producers of all scales but the ones in Wine Spectator and Parkers scoring 93 -100(equivilant to our TOP shelf), are only produced buy boutique wineries, because when you hit a certain scale of production quality is always impaired and the connoisseur will no longer pay for it, If interested just look at the Robert Mondovi history, once their wine production exceeded their capacity to produce the grapes their product suffered and now not a connoisseur wine any longer.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Funny you should bring up Mondavi, that whole thing sure pissed my mother off!

Illmind

Illmind

Yea that be true I sure as fuck throw my moldy turds directly in the pooper piss on em and then flush. I've actually thrown shit away that wasn't moldy it just had the look of moldy so I tossed a good HP away like a douche. That's only on my outdoors. Fuckin rain can be a bitch if you aren't around to shelter it or shake it off. Especially since it seems the end of every season there's all the sudden like 2 weeks of nothing but rain. Benn happenin the last 3 years.

S

SRHninja

You know it all boils down to a plant being legal and us as human beings should be able to do what ever we want with that plant. if we choose to sale their should be taxes as with any business.... but we should ALWAYS KEEP THE GOV AND THE CORPERATE ASSHOLES AWAY FROM OUR CULTURE! they have failed to support us in these days of prosecution so why allow them to profit off of our culture once its open???????

MeJuana

MeJuana

This is it for legalization in our lifetimes, stand behind legalization or in the way of it is your choice right now. If the economy wasn't so horrible there wouldn't be a chance of legalization. YOU WILL NEVER GET WHAT YOU WANT THE FIRST TIME!! I feel like I am negotiating for Gaza Strip here..

If we pass Prop 19
California legalizes it.. Nevada follows in our footsteps but they do it better.. California amends to compete in clubs and etc.. Everyone keeps out doing the other and eventually we have real legalization.

If Prop 19 fails
You will hate the next one too, if it even makes it to the ballots again. Which I don't think so.

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

..uhh not really legal..it will still be a fed' crime so that word LEGAL really doesn't apply. The one ounce is legal is crap. Anyone can have an ounce these days and basically walk. LEGAL...oh pahlleeeeese dont' give me that jive. Legal for the 4 big Dam' clubs maybe...but not for us mom an poppers'

Make no mistake this law was DESIGNED TO REDISTRIBUTE THE MAJORITY OF CANNA BIZ' REVENUE among the people who wrote and promoted it.

They make is sound all revolutionary and ground breaking. I see them talking a big media legal game.

I guess they didn't predict the feds intervening...doh

And saying there won't be another chance for legaslation is a bit naive. It's California for petes' sake... and now that big biz wants the 'big piece of pie' so to speak..I believe they'll do anything to make it happen ie political contributions, bribes whatever.

I hope we get another law but this one is wrong and the sooner you realize that you'll be voting NO like the rest of the informed Cali folks..and the part about Nevada following suit..that's a stretch too. Booz is way too popular there and weed is in direct competition so who knows.

AND now that the feds have put their foot down lots of politicians are backing down

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, just talked my mother into voting against it this morning and I asked her to spread the word. We are such a political family, jeez.

R

Rabbi

Marijuana law would propel California into unknown territory

4 Page LA times Artical on Prop 19 ---- mentions some good point.

Proposition 19 — called 'a common sense approach' by some and 'a jumbled legal nightmare' by others — leaves much uncertain. How would pot be controlled? Would buyers risk paying taxes?

the measure to legalize marijuana, and the unofficial state weed and largest cash crop will be controlled like alcohol, police will focus on serious crimes and California will get billions of dollars in new taxes. That's the pitch proponents make.

"It's a jumbled legal nightmare," opponents retort, disputing those claims and insisting that the measure would lead to stoned nurses in hospitals, drugged motorists on the road and more high teenagers.

Proposition 19, at three pages in the official voter information guide, is neither the longest nor the shortest initiative on the Nov. 2 ballot, but it would propel the state into unknown territory.

What is clear is that after midnight on election day, if the initiative has passed and you are at least 21 years old, you will be allowed under state law to smoke a joint in your home or other private place when no kids are around, keep a stash of up to an ounce and grow up to 25 square feet of marijuana plants.

That change, however, would not protect you from U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents, who could still enforce the federal Controlled Substances Act. And the new law could face a legal challenge, although the courts have ruled that states can decriminalize marijuana.

Beyond that, the potential effects of Proposition 19 become much murkier. The initiative would make California the first state to allow commercial cultivation and retail sales.

The measure's opponents say talk of legal sales and tax revenues is fanciful because the federal government wouldn't stand for it. U.S. Atty. Gen. Eric Holder promised this month to "vigorously enforce" federal drug laws, regardless of what California voters do. And former federal drug officials say it's unlikely any taxes would be paid because that would be admitting to a criminal violation.

But California's voters are not averse to casting their state into uncertainty. "It's part of California's culture," said Darry Sragow, a former political consultant who now teaches political science at USC. "You've got to be a bit adventurous to get all the way here. You've got to be a little bit of a risk taker."

When it comes to marijuana, voters were also warned in 1996 that Proposition 215, which allowed the drug to be used for medical reasons, would lead to chaos. The measure passed comfortably and has led to years of raids, trials and court battles, but the state's voters strongly support it.

- link to the rest of the artical

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

more propaganda. taxes haha. What ever happened to all the tax revenue from the lottery? Folks buy those tickets all the time even when the economy sucks.. Meelins and meelins of dollars every day are given to the state..

It was supposed to be the big fix for our educational fiasco...NOT..skimming politcians and big $$ ate that piece of the pie. Our schools are still a mess and no end in sight to the deal'

. I'll bet the same elements are licking their chops in anticipation of more easy $$. I say Prop 19 is our chance to stand up and say NO you can't have our culture!!...and NO you won't tax us and keep all the loot. Hey Michael Lee and the rest here's the high sign to you and your Cannaempire...consider us the real Tea Party biach!

You can't compare this to 215. That was groundbreaking. This will only make the rich richer. It's probably a mute point though as the NO votes are gathering momemtum as we speak.

The REALITY of big business and any tom d' or harry growing next door in a clean neighborhood is starting to scare the average family voters...Personally from the beginning I kinda' knew that whole neighborhood paranoia would be a big hurdle

R

Rabbi

California Pot Referendum: A Political Land Mine for Democrats

even more propaganda

CBS video attached to story

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
well if prop 19 passes it will be more legal then it is now to the rest of the world. its a step further.

H

HannaMan

what is wrong with you people its not a step forward its a step back.

marijuana is decriminalized in the state of california. it is more lenient now then it would be if legalized.

fractal

fractal

BUDOGHI is preaching the truth. Don't we all just want to get high! Thats what its about, not the money! If you want to make money go live on the east coast! LEGALIZE IT!! VOTE YES PROP 19!!!

Hey you stupid motherfucker. You think George Soros is not in it for the money? Soros is the main funder of the foundation behind prop 19. Soros is a mega billionaire and among his top 5 holdings #1 is MONSANTO.

Now if you don't know what Monsanto is and what they have done, you have no business voting either way on prop 19. In fact you need to cancel all appointments and stop what you are doing right this minute and do some research. This is critical, much too important to be decided by a bunch of fucking idiot stoners and wanna be stoners who just want to get high.

Prop 19 = Monsanto getting the green light to destroy cannabis. If you value LIFE then you need to vote no on 19. It is completely 100% about the money, for the people who have invested into getting it passed.

Top Bottom