U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the things that they are making illegal i totally agree with though. if u do that with alcohol u face the same penalties. but its the same all over, we got beer or kegs all the time under age. unless u are caught giving it to a minor by a sting or something there's just nothing they could do. if im walking thru the park i don't want to see everyone smoking pot anyway(em...well wait ...maybe if they are smoking my weed). but again maybe not everyone wants to deal with that or out on the beach a concert whatever.

I dont see the part were it says if u have an RX and prop 19 passes you cant grow the amount of meds you or your pateints need. NORMAL has faught for this forever, spent millions to get us here. now they all turned greedy and are doing this to make money? If that was the case someone should have just gave them money along time ago and told them to quit fighting the battle.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
1 last thing why don't collectives just get together put up the dough and get the licenses and open their own stores? There's just no way they are gonna continue to let all these dispensaries operate and rake in all this unaccounted for money. and the amount of money it takes is it set in stone? its just the only number people could seem to agree on probably. no one knows which way it will go.

H

hbstoner

NORMAL has faught for this forever, spent millions to get us here. now they all turned greedy and are doing this to make money? If that was the case someone should have just gave them money along time ago and told them to quit fighting the battle.

Serious.. this shit is really showing who is smoking the trainwreck in this forum. Glad its the same 3-4 people fighting against prop 19 in every thread. Its pretty clear most people know the importance of getting this bill past, just gotta hope all of them get off their asses and vote next week.

Illmind

Illmind

Firstly, complete legalization isn't just gonna happen PERIOD. You gotta start somewhere, Rome wasn't built in a day. Secondly, you guys sound like a bunch of robots programmed to say the same shit in different ways. Giving pot to minors will put me in jail! Fuck monsanato!! Fuck Richard Lee!! I'm a jackass!! <-I think that last one will be programmed into the 2.0 versions. Yeah this is all a plan that will only benefit 2 people and they are gonna take over the world by flooding it with tons of weed. Sounds good to me. ANd o ya the good ole I'm gonna get 7 years in prison for giving my 14 year old daughter pot BS. Gtfoh, I know people doing less for agg assualt with a deadly weapon plead down from third degree. Bank robbers get less time. You really think that they are gonna flood prisons over that petty shit? Most likely it will be handled the same way as giving alchohol to minors which I couldn't tell you the consequences because I don't know any minors dumb enough to get caught in the first place. I'm sure it's a fine and will be. And btw I'd rather be on the ship of fools it crackin on that one, you can stay on your enlightened ship with all two of your "enlightened people" lol. Have a fun boat ride, bet none of you even know how to operate a boat. Many people spent lots of money to get to this point and called in many favors then many people spent their endless amounts of spare time fucking it up, those would be the no voters. The ones that are a poster child for reasons why MMJ shouldn't be passed. Truth be told if this doesn't pass that's more police manpower going at the 215ers. So it's win win for me. Fractal move back east I seen your whiny ass in another thread bitching about how you can barely make a living growing in CA well move or get a fuckin job. Or learn how to grow good meds that people will buy. And now I know why they didn't let females vote until early 1900s. Commence nit picking seamaiden.

B

Buddy Hemphill

The 2nd Ammendment to the friggin CONSTITUTION gives me the right to bear arms.
Now how fucked up have politicians managed to get that one?....

I had to MAIL my guns to a gun dealer in Cali for inspection and registration and I am still in gray area because I grow personal medical...

Not what I call freedom.
So what will "prop 19 legalization" end up being like at the end of the day?

Secondly,
Do you all think the head of the DEA was playing? when he said he will gun for Cali if we pass this?....Seriously...you guys think he PLAYS like that?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Great comebacks, Illmind. How about you try putting together something called an "argument" instead of lobbing crap based on your own poor reading comprehension and inability to absorb what you've read?

I've outlined exactly why this is not legalization and you insist on being completely obtuse and remaining in a permanent state of ignorance.

You're throwing out what you have because you don't have a horse in this race and you're not equipped to play this game.
1 last thing why don't collectives just get together put up the dough and get the licenses and open their own stores? There's just no way they are gonna continue to let all these dispensaries operate and rake in all this unaccounted for money. and the amount of money it takes is it set in stone? its just the only number people could seem to agree on probably. no one knows which way it will go.
Kid, I keep saying this, but I guess I'll just have to keep saying it--no county is currently compelled to even allow collectives or co-ops, let alone dispensaries. They're outright banned in my county.
http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/news/newsview.asp?c=272356

http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/news/newsview.asp?c=269009

Aw hell, there are so many stories in my local publication of local cities and the county banning any such model left and right, here's the link to all of them: http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/sear...ie=UTF-8&q=cannabis+dispensary&sa=Search#1411

Also, I just spoke with ACCNET (Amador County Combined Narcotic Enforcement Team), and was told that as long as the sex of any plant is known, no matter the size, no matter the stage of growth, no matter if bud is developing or not--as long as the sex is known, it's considered a mature plant. So, what does that do with the plant numbers in a place where no vote has been held? How about the fact that they relied on a now nullified piece of legislation, AB420? According to ACCNET, it's all a gray area. Which, to my mind, makes it very easy for them to go after someone like me who has something to lose more than just freedom.

What's Prop 19 gonna do for us except create more clusterfucking?

T

TheMindImmortal

It sounds like some fascist police state to me. i dont know about you but i smell gun powder and dead politicians... global !
:fighting0040:

B

Buddy Hemphill

How about this...

imagine how many fine sippin whiskey's there may have been if "legalization" hadn't made family distillation recipies and secrets illegal.

But we have fucking Jim and Jack....:sick0004:

I can see a whole new campaign....homegrown MJ meds will make you go blind....lol....I can't wait to see the MJ Marlboro man on billboards....:RastaBong:

J

just_in_ct

why would you want to vote no unless you are greatly profiting off of it. The fact that I could grow a few plants without being hassled sounds great to me. The fact that I can travel with an ounce sounds good to me. Who cares about the tax. Everything else is taxed. Don't buy it. Grow it. You buy beer even though you can make it. You buy cigs even though its legal to grow tobacco. Most of the people who care about the tax arent the ones that are going to be buying it anyway. If you ask any single person who doesn't ever plan to grow if they care about tax and the answer is always no. I would rather pay a tax than be arrested. And yes federal law still states that it is illegal, but it says that now so don't you think less people will be getting arrested if this passes? And all you medical growers, card holders, etc. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOU. THERE IS NO TAX ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA. THIS IS RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA USE.

J

just_in_ct

Cultivation: If you have an rx, your garden gets reduced under 19. If you don't have an rx, you can now have a 5x5 garden.

this is def not true. Prop 19 does not affect prob 215 at all. This proposition is for NON medical users. I'm in ct and somehow more educated than people who live in cali. And im not talking about the person who said this quote but just in general. With an issue so big why aren't more of you Californians educated?

B

Buddy Hemphill

Cultivation: If you have an rx, your garden gets reduced under 19. If you don't have an rx, you can now have a 5x5 garden.

this is def not true. Prop 19 does not affect prob 215 at all. This proposition is for NON medical users. I'm in ct and somehow more educated than people who live in cali. And im not talking about the person who said this quote but just in general. With an issue so big why aren't more of you Californians educated?

Well the head of the fuckin DEA said 19 would affect 215....so now what?

Educate me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
why would you want to vote no unless you are greatly profiting off of it.
Did you NOT read this or any other thread that you've felt free to tell us how to vote in? If you have read the thread, is there anything we can do about your reading comprehension?
The fact that I could grow a few plants without being hassled sounds great to me.
Yeah, sounds GREAT, doesn't it? How come you don't have that going on in Connecticut, again? Oh, wait, reading comprehension.
The fact that I can travel with an ounce sounds good to me. Who cares about the tax. Everything else is taxed. Don't buy it. Grow it. You buy beer even though you can make it. You buy cigs even though its legal to grow tobacco. Most of the people who care about the tax arent the ones that are going to be buying it anyway. If you ask any single person who doesn't ever plan to grow if they care about tax and the answer is always no. I would rather pay a tax than be arrested. And yes federal law still states that it is illegal, but it says that now so don't you think less people will be getting arrested if this passes? And all you medical growers, card holders, etc. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOU. THERE IS NO TAX ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA. THIS IS RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA USE.
Go. Read. The. Thread.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I stand behind a Californian with a no vote before I wanna hear from any of you other states. And I am for Prop 19..

H

HedgeFund

Prop 19 just wasn't written right I think.

I mean what if the price drops too low?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
"Kid, I keep saying this, but I guess I'll just have to keep saying it--no county is currently compelled to even allow collectives or co-ops, let alone dispensaries. They're outright banned in my county.
http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/news/...w.asp?c=272356

http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/news/...w.asp?c=269009"

seamaiden i read what u said just cuz u keep saying this doesn't mean it makes sense. if they are banning them everywhere then guess what, all the med shit will stay the same. because no one will be able to open a recreational outlet. so the price wont be able to drop. and if u have to put a 50 dollar tax on everything anyway the med stuff will end up being cheaper.

and if they banned a dispensary before this law passed what does that have to do with prop 19? seems even if the law don't pass they can ban whatever they want.

A

amstercal

Hey, Illmind. Too bad they don't require an IQ test for voting. Resulting to insulting us because we are women makes you look like you're scrambling because you couldn't come up with an intelligent argument.
Run with the sexism all you want. All it does is make you look ignorant. I'm sure the ladies are lining up at your door. What a gentleman.

And KT--Your idea of the collectives working together is a good one. I can see it working in NorCal where they love to form co-ops, collectives, etc etc etc. In my county where every city has banned MEDICAL dispensaries, I can't see anyone having access, let alone actually working together. Collectives move a lot here and changes names frequently. It's still a battle here just for 215's rights.

just in ct: If you read the whole thread and still don't understand why what I said is correct, I'd be happy to explain, but please read the thread before you start calling Californians uneducated. Your incredible reading comprehension should help you through the whopping 7 pages.
You know what's really funny about your comment? Both seamaiden and I are former copyeditors, meaning people paid us for the value of our reading comprehension. If you called me a loudmouthed, opinionated, annoying bitches or something like that, I could understand where you're coming from. The reading comprehension one just doesn't work though.

A

amstercal

Kid--you posted before I could. EXACTLY! This is one of the problems a lot of people have with 19. Instead of working on 215's problems or coming up with a method to actually ensure that people, or at least patients, have access, 19 doesn't do any of that. Instead, it makes it great for the few that would receive commercial grower licenses from cities like Oakland that already came up with a plan for that.

Maybe things are different in your state, but Californians are NOTORIOUS for not voting for something because it's too much like a previous prop or they just don't understand the need for it. The effects of 19 are complicated and up for debate even among people who believe in MJ, look at this thread alone. If we can't get on the same page, how do you expect the average voter, non-smoker (MJ supporters couldn't pass the legislation alone. It will definitely take a larger pool to pass 19 or any other prop) to understand why they need another one next year to fix 19 when they just passed 19? The chances of another MJ prop passing anytime soon are slim to none. I don't want to live under this crappy prop until the voters understand the need to pass another one that doesn't let the cities and counties decide individually. I'm voting no for many reasons, but largely, why would I vote for a sad echo of legalization that doesn't even ensure people have access?

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Today's story @ HuffPo:
"In Ciudad Juarez, investigators said two men found dead Tuesday – one of them decapitated – might have been involved in the birthday party massacre Friday night. A note left with the bodies accused the men of killing women and children"

"Gunmen killed 15 people at a car wash Wednesday in a Mexican Pacific coast state where drug-gang violence has risen this year. It was the third massacre in Mexico in less than a week."

-------

This is the 3rd cartel massacre I've heard about in the last week. Recently a 21 yr old girl took the position of police chief in a border city. Politicians and the bodies of law enforcement are rountinely discovered, tortured and beheaded. This is like Scarface and Hostel come to life, and this is what our world is turning into because of Prohibition. It is simply immoral.

Most of the people here that are against Prop 19 are against it simply because they fear that wholesale prices will drop. They will tell you that it's because it's flawed in one way or another but the truth is that they are opposed to legalization in ANY form. Their complaints are weak points at best and are just red herrings, a fig leaf presented to hide the ugly truth.

The ugly truth is that they are part of the machine that they, and all of us, despise on one hand and participate in on the other. And at this point opposing legalization efforts becomes distinctly immoral IMO, akin to someone who opposes the abolishment of slavery because the slave trade is how they feed their family. It is the same untenable position that big Pharma, big alcohol, and the private prison industry face.

I'm going to ask you, those who oppose Prop 19, to do something courageous. I'm going to ask you to have faith that it will be ok and that your fears are simply that and nothing more. I'm going to ask you to have the courage to do the right thing, to try to improve society.

Politics is about compromise, and this is especially true concerning MJ. Full legalization, or the "perfect bill" in the eyes of the MJ friendly is wholely unpalatable to the nuetral general population who support is required for ANY measuer to pass. They want assurances that the market will be regulated and language that specifically protects kids by punishing those that would furnish to kids, etc. The "perfect bill" for us would never have the support to pass. A "compromised" bill is the only way - and this is analagous to MMJ being used as a pathway to legal recreational MJ. Prop 19 is not "the end", it is the beginning; specifically, the beginning of the end to Prohibition.

Concerning the viability of being a grower if Prop 19 passes: Wholesale prices have lost much of the black market premium in CA, while remaining intact on the east coast, not because of closet growers with 5x5's but because of huge outdoor grows. It's not millionaires and corporation doing this. Price ARE trending lower but it's commercial growers who are doing this, along with other states getting MMJ - specifically CO. The only way to ensure your piece of the pie, is to band together and REGULATE yourselves as a commercial enterprise.

My expectation is that prices will increase in the short term after Prop 19 passes due to increased demand and stable supply. Supply will remain stable IMO because of the remaining risk of federal prosecution (as USAG Holder stated) for any commercial mega-warehouse grows. Someone would have to be crazy to try that. Most recreation consumers will have no interest in investing in the startup costs and time commitment required to get past the learning curve to grow good weed. For those that do, how many 5x5's does it take to equal just one 100lb outdoor grow? But the biggest reason is that those who want to grow are probably growing already. Demand in CA will soar in the short-term for a number of years due to 3 reasons: MJ tourism, diversion - people taking/sending it out of state to their own black markets, and pulling a certain amount of consumption away from the alcohol market.

The economics of competition are unavoidable whether restricted to MMJ or legalized recreation use. It is simply fruitless to oppose legalization based on the belief that it will hold back competition. It accomplishes nothing except to give ammo to the Prohibitionists who would like to continue to put users in cages because they don't appreciate cannabis.

So please, have faith. Do the right thing and feel good about yourself. Vote YES on Prop 19!

YES we cannabis!

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Darth
"Most of the people here that are against Prop 19 are against it simply because they fear that wholesale prices will drop."

Really? who?
One of the main articles of 19 allows for each City or County to decide if they want to tax, and regulate Marijuana.
Some fear(rightfully) that do to the language in prop 19that it could spill over into prop 215's ability for co-ops to operate
I live in LA county, but I have friends in other counties who's City counsel are fighting tooth, and nail to stop medical marijuana co-ops. Some even have. This could give them the leverage they need to stop 215 in their city..
Prop 215 is supported by several of the huge medical marijuana companies. These same companies will be able to buy licenses(starting at 250,000.00), and be the soul/only distributors for a city or a series of co-ops(Oakland has already done this). If it was just for recreational use only then why are they trying to lock out small growers supplying medical marijuana to local co-ops? can you say monopoly?
So for those saying that Prop 19 can't affect 215 there is a good chance it can and will..
Also has anyone ever heard of a prop that was voted in with lots of problems being fixed after the fact? No! it doesn't happen for something like prop 19. If it passes is there a chance it will work, and work well? yes, but there is a better chance do to the language of the prop that those people who don't want marijuana; medical or recreational to be legal, will have the ammunition they need to hurt or even eliminate it..
Prop 19 is a bad law. I understand everyone wanting it to be legal, but prop 19 is a Trojan horse for big business, and for local government to make money. If you wont/cant read the entire prop, and understand the law-speak then just go and look at who supports it, and ask yourself why would they support this unless their is money for them to be made. More then they already make on the current laws.

Top Bottom