• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

And the UW 84' Black

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I got mine from the first Seattle cannabis farmers market. It's been confirmed as the old original by enough people that I believe it to be the oldest cut named UW. It's resinous, it's glands just aren't as flashy as a lot of more modern strains. There are also the 82' Purple and the 84' Black. I have all three finishing side by side as we speak. Each is occupying its own square meter under a 600wt HPS. There are possible similarities. Many more differences that are enough for me to seriously question their relation. They may be related in name only. The purple is really resinous and chunky. The black is nicer looking than the original as well. The ugly dubling sure throws resinous offspring, though. As good as the best I've had easily.

You should cross that '84 Black to the White. Name it, The Zebra . Smash hit! Smoked lot's of Uw growing up in da Bay. Had a few Oregon Pals, dude's loved that shit . Great classic to have Zeke !

zeke

zeke

I hate the white. Shit smells like mushrooms. Surely there are equally resinous plants with much more pleasurable terpene profiles. I'm thinking Sensi star. In fact I've found Sensi star like terpenes in uw crosses that I have ran.

Last edited:
Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I hate the white. Shit smells like mushrooms. Surely there are equally resinous plants with much more pleasurably terpene profiles. I'm thinking Sensi star. In fact I've found Sensi star like terpenes in uw crosses that I have ran.

Hmmm. Now your pocket protector is on tight. Testing the luther dogman from Mota atm. Sensi Star x chem#4. I'd pull up on my gocart for that show zeke. Your UW cut looks Filthy. .Ina GOOD way.
Respect!

Seatown

Seatown

Sensi star x UW Black would just be ridiculous....

That said, OMGYES.

That Black 84 cut looks SO damn good, nice work Zeke!

zeke

zeke

The 84' Black smells identical to Afghoo and Banana Kush. Same oversized greasy trichomes. Big bulbous gland heads. Chunky pointy flowers. I'd bet they are related. So close they should breed well. Black banana goo? Doesn't sound all that appealing, does it?

zeke

zeke

All this talk of Sensi Star has me salivating. I loves me some good old Sensi. In fact I just germinated my 95' Sensi Star from Riot. I already have a killer old school Sensi Star cut from the good old days. Figured I'd hit her with any males I find. Of course I'll hit up everything else nearby including my UW collection, anything less would be uncivilized.

Zealous

Zealous

Hey zeke we have a strain in our stables called kp ever heard of it

erovinnaC

erovinnaC

Just flipped a couple of UW x Sensi Star today :)

Thanks for all the pics and info @zeke I think I've seen you post about the UW on MNS forums too unless that was someone else.

zeke

zeke

Never heard of kp. Hmm. Wuts it like?

UW x Sensi Star sounds nice,Mota/Loran gear? I've worked my old Sensi Star cut with a Lemon Skunk male. I also crossed my UW to a male from Ken's "GDP". The terpene profile was very similar to my old Sensi cut. So naturally I hit a choice female cut of purple lemony Sensi Star x Lemon Skunk with five different UW x GDP dudes. Just planted a few of those a couple days ago. Kinda hard to lose.

I'm Pantagruelion on MNS and ICMag. I'm a forum whore. Just look for the creepy Illinois Enema Bandit avatar and you know it's me.

Zealous

Zealous

We got it from a friend from the u district back in 2000. It turns purple late into flower and so fn sticky omg

erovinnaC

erovinnaC

Yup it is. I have high hopes. Your crosses sound dank as well, I love Sensi Star.

Never heard of kp. Hmm. Wuts it like?

UW x Sensi Star sounds nice,Mota/Loran gear? I've worked my old Sensi Star cut with a Lemon Skunk male. I also crossed my UW to a male from Ken's "GDP". The terpene profile was very similar to my old Sensi cut. So naturally I hit a choice female cut of purple lemony Sensi Star x Lemon Skunk with five different UW x GDP dudes. Just planted a few of those a couple days ago. Kinda hard to lose.

I'm Pantagruelion on MNS and ICMag. I'm a forum whore. Just look for the creepy Illinois Enema Bandit avatar and you know it's me.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Hi farmers ! Been fighting health issues for a awhile and haven't been around much, but I might know a little about the original udub
I was in the V.A, in seattle summer of "84". I was informed UW was working on a couple different strains for cancer patients .
The first " Chemo" and the second " Wheelchair" , the first being small, woody and developed for nausea from chemo treatments, and "wheelchair" an extremely frosty, resin soaked wonder that was meant for debilitating pain and terminal
conditions. The " wheelchair" was graced to me until I lost her to sub zero temperatures, wood heat, and ... blah,blah,blah
Would love to find the real deal again. I'm a 30 year survivor of lymphatic cancer , and to those that have contributed to my survival
I owe much. I'll share a couple of those names with you from OG... Lonestar (RIP), that brother and the Texas Resin Company
helped tremendously, Nebu, a true master, and gentle person. I see he visits " the Farm " occassionally . . . We're close geographically now, it would be a real gift to reconnect. Another brother Perseus helped with wonderful work of his own. "MedicineMan",
and the Hillbilly himself with the T.W. cut. . . . and Never forgotten , Big Island Bud who shared much Aloha, with yours truly.
If I were granted one wish, " it would be to personally thank Nebu, medicineMan, the Hillbilly, and the one man that gave me the total will to survive, Robert Randall ( Waiting to exhale ) who in one of my darkest moments told me, " If the cannabis is keeping you alive, keep smoking, what can they do worse to you than terminal cancer ". Bless you all, to the families af Robert R, and Lonestar . . .
I can only say, " your loved ones gave me strength and the ability to survive" Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

Just skimming the thread in search of the dub i lost . Its trip you mentioned wheelchair. Thats what i was told it was designed for . People in wheel chairs . Thats why tuff low squat size.one aspect anyway. My buddies childhood friend took it back in the 80s while havin work done on him .. i cant get it back because he died this year. I so want it back .I ran it with tucks clone only trainwreck. I cant get it back either because he accidently killed them after commin back from canada to go to court and the friend he stayed with who i got it from was in the hospitol and lack of care lost it. They had my u.w. too . I grew both for seven years till i lost them boht while dileriuose from msa and couldnt keep tags right on 3 fucking strains oy . I ate the trainwreck the whole time. A pinch of u.w. in the oil would calm down the heavy breathing . Yet tucks id say was only about 70 percent sativa . lol. They were both the strongest strains i could find ! One up , one down .lol . When i talk strength i mean they go much farther than anything else ive ever found to date. I would gladly veryify a cut of u.w...
One thing about her that is consistant with ever grower that i know that grown it will tell you there is a spearment juicyfruit smell halfway through bud. bammo !

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

View attachment 378948 Here's my side by side. Up in smoke by now of course, but there is another run going now. Left to right: uw82' purple, uw84' black and just dub, UW. Anyone wanting to add knowledge to my uw obsession is welcome to pm and physically verify. Unless you are a nutjob, then leave me alone because I will stab you with a screw driver if need be.
Does any of your u.w.s have a spearment smell halfway through bud ? If so and its the frostiest leafiest smallest afghani like plant ya got ill verify . lol. although a cross may be short too . arggggg . i will verify if the only spearmint is there ! A rub of the stem in veg from me others smell like a italian restuarant ..The bulbs are huge indica like . Id even get some purple'ish blue'ish. through the gland stem .Not in the plant though . Ever ! Not as frosty as a ghost though . I seen tricombs in clumps just roll of its wispy leafs.lol

Last edited:
zeke

zeke

I would not describe any of the UW cuts I have as smelling " spearmint juicy fruit ". I've had other strains including juicy fruit that smelled sort of like juicy fruit gum. Usually by the time my nose makes it around a room it's fairly sticky and desensitized. My UW is very leafy and wide leaved and does turn bluish purple. Not in the buds unless outside. Just the leaves and glandular hue as you stated. I describe the smell as bitter earthy hash. The flavor is very rich and earthy with a nice terpentiney sort of earth flavor with a bitter bite. A very nice bitter finish that is distinctive. The high is hypnotic. This cut is the same one floating around ptown and has been around since the late seventies. Not at all modern looking but the high and flavor compensate.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

I would not describe any of the UW cuts I have as smelling " spearmint juicy fruit ". I've had other strains including juicy fruit that smelled sort of like juicy fruit gum. Usually by the time my nose makes it around a room it's fairly sticky and desensitized. My UW is very leafy and wide leaved and does turn bluish purple. Not in the buds unless outside. Just the leaves and glandular hue as you stated. I describe the smell as bitter earthy hash. The flavor is very rich and earthy with a nice terpentiney sort of earth flavor with a bitter bite. A very nice bitter finish that is distinctive. The high is hypnotic. This cut is the same one floating around ptown and has been around since the late seventies. Not at all modern looking but the high and flavor compensate.

the smell doesnt make room smell like spearmint. juicey fruit brand not smell .and its breif . dont smell like that pulled what so ever. nothing pretty about u.w. its really faint spearmint. gotta mollest a bud to smell it .Outdoor is piney as fuck cured. I describ the tatse as medinal hashy indoor short cure. I dont anything else that has its flavor when pulled before a cure. can be like biting a brick of blonde hash kinda like you said but has a weird flavor.Could be maybe be described as earthy. But not an earthy im used too .lol. ..The genetics i ran were from the 70's .too . But my buddies friend took the cut from u.w. and grew it till his death recently. He was happy it was later liberated. It was really hard to come by in seventies. Was a treat for sure ! Does your look like the pics i posted on nwgt thread. That hst middle. short squat fuck in the front with no main cola looking ? Bizzy bitch she is ! lol.45-55 day .47 under 11\13 . How much food does yours take minimum ? mine was 1700 for edibles or double strength maxi bloom topping out at 2200 ppm hydro or soil for smokin . I would get mine like stright pinesole . even flav. Less and its necrotic looking .
Your description sound spot on but it has to have the slight spearment. Its been that way 30 years or more....Sounds interesting but i cant bite without the spearmint. fuck , i wish oronkid didnt loose it now after i kicked him down on a visit. oh well . Theres only one u.w. thats strong and worth a shit in my book. Everyone i know from graham to grants pass think so too . Man , stone is like you say too .Does your go a long way ?

Last edited:
diamond2.0

diamond2.0

View attachment 378948 Here's my side by side. Up in smoke by now of course, but there is another run going now. Left to right: uw82' purple, uw84' black and just dub, UW. Anyone wanting to add knowledge to my uw obsession is welcome to pm and physically verify. Unless you are a nutjob, then leave me alone because I will stab you with a screw driver if need be.

Sorry , i got a.d.d. .. in your pic the one i think looks most like it is far left.The purple and black in other pics dont have enough tricombs around the edges . Yet the u.w. is almost tricless ? Is that what im seing ? Compared to u.. They should gather around the edges alot. bottom of leaf to top.In veg she is a dark olivish green with blue incandescent fat tips fed well.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Man , i ran u.w. so long next to tucks wreck that i started getting strain drift. The u.w. was taking on the pepperoni taste that Tucks train had under 11\13. 12\12 totally different then really. lemon diesely, kushy. with a funk. Mothwatering yummy.
Oregone has alot of u.w. for sure too. I passed a shitload out there when oregone green free forum allowed outsiders. Id go to their meeting back in early - mid 2000's. I know if i could get on thier board and remember names i could get her back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom