UC actual available nutrient profiles

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Yep, all the tops are tied down to the outside of the cages.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//How you liking the H&G you using, are they expensive?
One more thing, have you tried DM Gold?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

H & G has only impressed me. An its the cheapest thing we have ran so far.

I

Innov8tr

So I read all the pages and may have missed it. How long till you harvest? Can you see a difference in the sterile and living systems?

I looked at your plants in the beginning when you were having problems and they looked exacty like mine when the pythium started to take hold. I honestly think your plants were battling pythium and won. This would explain your deficiencies you were seeing too. I'll see if I can find some pics of my plants when they looked that way too.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

pH swing, epsom, and cal-mag fixed the initial plant health issues.

Pythium has not been present until a few days ago. I dont need to see pythium to know its there, i can tell just from my pH meter when its present.

H202 is doing very well at killing it.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

yeah, my steady upswing slowed, stopped and then started to swing the other way. 1 h202 treatment of 3% at 3 ml per gal seems to have at least stabilized the swing. I hope to see it going up again tonight.

The thing to remember about swing is that as the plant uptake ions it is first of all removing acids from the water (raising pH) but it also dropping sugars and hydroxyl ions back into the water (raising pH). IF your not seeing an up swing you have a problem.

F

FrostyTheGroMan

yeah, my steady upswing slowed, stopped and then started to swing the other way. 1 h202 treatment of 3% at 3 ml per gal seems to have at least stabilized the swing. I hope to see it going up again tonight.

The thing to remember about swing is that as the plant uptake ions it is first of all removing acids from the water (raising pH) but it also dropping sugars and hydroxyl ions back into the water (raising pH). IF your not seeing an up swing you have a problem.

Wow I never new that about ph! Keep on killin it n droppin knowledge on us newbies bro! So are u seeing a difference in size or quality of the bud between the living n sterile systems? Oh n will DM zone battle the pythium like h2o2? Which system did u encounter the pythium, sterile or living?

I

Innov8tr

I did have problems with ph swing too that have now stabilized since my plants recovered. Is there some new stress on your plants that would cause it?

I

Innov8tr

pH swing, epsom, and cal-mag fixed the initial plant health issues.

Pythium has not been present until a few days ago. I dont need to see pythium to know its there, i can tell just from my pH meter when its present.

H202 is doing very well at killing it.

I tried h202 and it didn't work for me. I assumed, like with pythoff, that it dissaptes too quickly in the system without heavy dosing...maybe my plants needed something more aggressive.

Ok this is speculation. Could you have had a mild attack of pythium in the beginning that wasn't bad enough to swing the PH? Of course pythium attacks the roots and that's why they look defecient when you have it, maybe you increasing the cal/mag in the water made enough nutrient available that the plants health improved and it was able to recover quickly? Just a thought.

Also from my hours and hours of research of pythium from what I understand is that it is in almost all unsterilized water (including city water)...so its in most everybody's system if they aren't running completely sterile. When the plants get stressed their immune system weakens and then the pythium is able to colonize.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

DS, sometimes the pH not going up and uptake stalling can be associated with getting the EC a little too high causing the plant to stifle and not metabolize.

What's your stats on your solution?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

DS, sometimes the pH not going up and uptake stalling can be associated with getting the EC a little too high causing the plant to stifle and not metabolize.

What's your stats on your solution?

Corralations between pH and EC, are the main focus of my meter use. EC is still dropping rapidly (ive seen a UC go from 1.8 ec to 50 ppm in 4 days) But pH is problematic as i stated.... thanks though ucme.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I tried h202 and it didn't work for me. I assumed, like with pythoff, that it dissaptes too quickly in the system without heavy dosing...maybe my plants needed something more aggressive.

Ok this is speculation. Could you have had a mild attack of pythium in the beginning that wasn't bad enough to swing the PH? Of course pythium attacks the roots and that's why they look defecient when you have it, maybe you increasing the cal/mag in the water made enough nutrient available that the plants health improved and it was able to recover quickly? Just a thought.

Also from my hours and hours of research of pythium from what I understand is that it is in almost all unsterilized water (including city water)...so its in most everybody's system if they aren't running completely sterile. When the plants get stressed their immune system weakens and then the pythium is able to colonize.

Hospital grade water system is discussed earlier in the thread. And sterilizers are inline on the UCs.

I

Innov8tr

Hospital grade water system is discussed earlier in the thread. And sterilizers are inline on the UCs.

Sorry, I did miss the sentence where you said it was UV filtered. The inline sterlizer I had on the UC didn't keep me from getting pythium either. Sounds like you got it all under control....good luck

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
my leaves did the same thing 7 days or so in to flower on my ebb flow tubes. Not all, just a few here and there. Not all strains either.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Very nice desertsquirrel! Do you have a White Balance setting on your camera or do you think you could snap some lights out bud shots for us picture whores? :wondering

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i keep tryin shady, its hard to be around right before/after lights out on these rooms. But i promise i will get in there in the dark before i cut them.

Top Bottom