UC down for the count ... back to the darkside.

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rushoe

Rushoe

Roots organics is some bomb as soil I used to cut my with canna coco and perlite its allowed me to hit a bit harder.But made the swap to canna and chunky perlite I will be running this for a long time I love me some coco so easy.

sky high

sky high

Great show, Mr. GC. I know the feeling well of dumping the UC. Mine is in the attic growing Owen's corning fiberglass. (should anyone need one)

Haven't missed carrying water or checking meters one bit.... LOL. And root rot? Fug dat.

I'm using almost 50/50 of Vital Earth potting mix and the Giant sized perlite and they are goin off on me as much or more than when I ran the UC. Shoulda just bought a few more lights and stayed with dirt but hey...hindsight is always 20/20.

Seems like quite a few folks who made the plunge dried off and are back at what they love to do/where they should be in all of this! Seems there are a lot of 8 and 13 gal trashcans out there these days.... oooops.

so are yer Aliendawgs the redeye f2's? (sorry..too lazy to wade throgh too find and answer) I have a pack of those here and if they are.....I may have to get on em soon.

thanks for the peek. Be well

s h

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Great show, Mr. GC. I know the feeling well of dumping the UC. Mine is in the attic growing Owen's corning fiberglass. (should anyone need one)

Haven't missed carrying water or checking meters one bit.... LOL. And root rot? Fug dat.

I'm using almost 50/50 of Vital Earth potting mix and the Giant sized perlite and they are goin off on me as much or more than when I ran the UC. Shoulda just bought a few more lights and stayed with dirt but hey...hindsight is always 20/20.

Seems like quite a few folks who made the plunge dried off and are back at what they love to do/where they should be in all of this! Seems there are a lot of 8 and 13 gal trashcans out there these days.... oooops.

so are yer Aliendawgs the redeye f2's? (sorry..too lazy to wade throgh too find and answer) I have a pack of those here and if they are.....I may have to get on em soon.

thanks for the peek. Be well

s h

I hear ya. My aliendawg is from the original release from obs via cali connection. Got the cut from a good homie in the Long Beach area. It was his keeper cut out of a pack. Shit is fire!

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Flip time

Flipped these girls July 1. Makes it pretty easy to keep track of the flower time. Most branches at touching the second netting so I dont think I will have a problem filling the screen through the stretch.

Sorry for the poor quality pics but some jackass stole my camera out of my car a few days ago (was stoned and left the sunroof down) I took them with my cell. Played with a new Cannon Rebel EOS at the store the other day and fell in love with it. If I have the coin I am gonna pic it up this week.

Week 1 Flip 800PPM / 6.3 PH

2011 07 03 202932
I

ibTheMan

Nice, oh and its not comen to the darkside its " Come'n to the Smart side. imo UC sure Aint where its at.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

:giggle

to funny IbTheMan :D

beautiful canopy your training up in there mR GoodCat:joint:

sky high

sky high

Besides trash cans...has anyone figured out a good use for 8-12 of the 13 gallon buckets?

maybe a huge worm farm?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
We use them to grow dank and we are gettin more of them...sorry you had bad luck with the UC but the thing works and works good but you really gotta pay attention, not near as forgiving as dirt.

If anyone in Colorado has any 8 gallon setups they want to unload just holla.

Tex

sky high

sky high

"Attention" is something I'm lacking these daze on all fronts, TK.

Thankfully this go in "dirt" (1/2 perlite so..um...1/2 "hydro" at least, IMO) will easily outperform the results I had with the UC.

Had I had anywhere near the selection of genetics to choose from or anywhere near the results you have had... I'd probably still be fuggin' with it.

thankfully, i'm not the only clown out there who had troubles.... LOL...

I'll cut the tops off these 13's for ya if ya want 8's....

:cool0041:

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Nice, oh and its not comen to the darkside its " Come'n to the Smart side. imo UC sure Aint where its at.

I think it works better for my idividual style a lil better ...

:giggle

to funny IbTheMan :D

beautiful canopy your training up in there mR GoodCat:joint:

thanks bro, i am thinking she will fill the screen in the next few weeks

Besides trash cans...has anyone figured out a good use for 8-12 of the 13 gallon buckets?

maybe a huge worm farm?

you could nest the 8's inside the 13's and have a badass recirculating hempy bucket setup ...

We use them to grow dank and we are gettin more of them...sorry you had bad luck with the UC but the thing works and works good but you really gotta pay attention, not near as forgiving as dirt.

If anyone in Colorado has any 8 gallon setups they want to unload just holla.

Tex

I am not doubting my ability to grow in the UC, its just that the thing kept leaking on me. Had ok results my first run with her, but just not my cup of tea. With power outages around here I thinkj its safer to go with a medium based setup.I like black gold, texas tea lol. You definately rock the shit out of your UC setups.

:banana1sv6:

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Update. 8 days into flower and they are going great. About another 2 weeks of stretch and I think the canopy will be right were I want it. Nothing like filling your entire room with tops. Heres looking up, no wonder why they are so happy haha.

2011 07 09 203947
2011 07 09 204134
G

gooey

looking good, nice led additions...whats the size of that room

M

mrsgreenthumb

It all looks very nice your setup is super clean!!! Keep the pics comin I love it, oh yeah do you think I could do a scgrog in a small room???? Dont know much about it but always willing to learn

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

looking good, nice led additions...whats the size of that room

8x14 but the scrog area is approximately 8x11

It all looks very nice your setup is super clean!!! Keep the pics comin I love it, oh yeah do you think I could do a scgrog in a small room???? Dont know much about it but always willing to learn

Yes small rooms are the best for scrogging in my personal opinion. You wont have to grow your plants as big before you start your training. The key to a good scrog is keeping the under growth stripped out as you go. I strip out the under growth periodically through veg and do a real good clean out at the flip, then I will go in and do one last hacking at about day 20-21 of flower. There are plenty of good threads on scrogging here. Just read, read read

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

just wondering how often you are watering and at what strength?
looking fabulous.

Thinking I should have used ocean forest instead of this happyfrog/coco mix

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

How do you access the middle plants etc?

Like an Army Ranger in the jungles of Vietnam ...

damn broseph shits blowin up

Hell yea homie. Shits on fire.

just wondering how often you are watering and at what strength?
looking fabulous.

Thinking I should have used ocean forest instead of this happyfrog/coco mix

Well I am in a transition phase right now and the plants aren't really drinking a lot yet. I am feeding them about 1200PPM with 1/2 Veg and 1/2 Flower nutes. Going to introduce some big bud next feeding. In my experience anything with chem in it, (og, sour d, Chemdog or crosses) require a good amount of N during the stretch to maximize your plants. I water my entire garden (12-plants) about 3o gallon worth of nutes every 3 days or so. When they start feeding heavy I will probally water about 30-gallon a day and rotate feed-water-feed-water at that point.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

damn! they sure filled in nice the last week :joint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom