UC Pro's Dream House. 8 site 20kw

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

I don't know what the hell is going on . I thought it was the thrips making the plants turn yellow, then the leaves would die off. I cant figure what Im doing different. Root zones look healthy, ph is stable, all temps are good. I got something going on here that is messing things up, at all my spots.
Ill keep hitting them with the foilar pack, do a water change and hope for the best, I got the lights turned down on lowest setting as well. im about to chop this spot down and start over..

Photo
Image 1
IMG 3133
IMG 3134
IMG 3163
IMG 3164
IMG 3165
IMG 3166
IMG 3167
IMG 3168

S

steelcanaries

Toxic fumes from materials used to build new grow? Up until I read about your problematic plants I though I was reading the best thread ever. Mad skills. Hope you get to the.bottom of this soon. Bless.

G

gettogro

all of the above pics arent from the Uc pro's, but they all are showing similar signs of distress. I dont think its the grow room, I think the plants came with some sickness before they got there. Actually the UC pro's look the best of them all..

neverbreak

neverbreak

those bushes are big. hope ya don't hafta chop 'em bro.

neverbreak

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Don't fuck with it and just let it ride. They look alright to me. Just stay on the path. The only thing I can think of at this point is the trunk. Are they in a rockwool cube? You may want to peel all the substrate from around the trunk to make sure you don't have elephants foot.

Definetly not thrips.

G

gettogro

They dont have elephant foot, I havent seen that in any of my plants. Maybe its the abs vs pvc drain pipe..

I dont know. I was sure I was on to something when I found the thrips.. Maybe not

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I use ABS on my MPB rooms and had no issues with off gassing.

H

HL45

Have you checked for bms? They are often the cause for mystery problems these days.

Are the leaves twisting at all? In the last pic it looks like twisting I associate with BMs?

Take a nice pic of the underside of some leaves with the def and then zoom in on your computer. you might see litte open bm eggs. they kinda look like trichs.

G

gettogro

Well they could be Broad mites, I dont know. I have a 200 microscope but I cant see anything alive is that looks like a mite. Ill start a new thread in the sick plants section and post up a bunch of pics to see if I can get it figured out.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

You've def got thrips, but I don't think the yellowing is from that

My Chemdog #4 does that spotty yellowing like that first thing when its mad about somethingive done. Always thought it was mosaic virus

H

HL45

Master cheeser I have yet to meet someone with mosiac virus that is not caused by bms..They are an epidemic. If your clean and on top of it your get rid of them, I had them in one room and did several rounds without infecting the adjacent rooms.

UC Quest

UC Quest

I feel your pain Gettogrow. Hope you get to the bottom of this and overcome it in big leaps and bounds :)

deacon1503

deacon1503

I don't know what the hell is going on . I thought it was the thrips making the plants turn yellow, then the leaves would die off. I cant figure what Im doing different. Root zones look healthy, ph is stable, all temps are good. I got something going on here that is messing things up, at all my spots.
Ill keep hitting them with the foilar pack, do a water change and hope for the best, I got the lights turned down on lowest setting as well. im about to chop this spot down and start over..

View attachment 356460 View attachment 356461 View attachment 356462 View attachment 356463 View attachment 356464 View attachment 356465 View attachment 356466 View attachment 356467 View attachment 356468 View attachment 356469 View attachment 356470

What up getto?

Nice work as always. Sorry about the sitch I cant think of why the random yellow ness is occurring but I do see a touch of downy milder on the third pic up from the bottom. Those random shaped tan spots. Compare pics with downy mildew (downy mold) on cucumber leaves. Just a thought at least but doesn't account for the yellow bloching. I wanna say its a P- cause I see a touch of purple on some stems, what looks like stunted shoot terminals in the 3rd pic down, and it would explain the dryed up mature inner fans. Imma show these pic to some buddies that aren't online see if they have any input.

Maybe do a small scale trim up on the lower 3rd of the plants and coffee can trim the main stalk to see if they push out of it. Do you sterilize your RO for the foggers?

Hopefully you find a solution. Good luck brother.

Last edited:
G

gettogro

Thanks deacon

I haven't been sterilizing the fogger water, However I am in the process of installing a filter and an 18W uv light in all them to keep the water clean, Towards the end they get kinda nasty. I have always thought it had something to do with the foggers, but I couldnt come up with a reason why. I do the same fogger setup in all my rooms, and dont see anything constant to blame the foggers.
Do you have any insight into this?

I am going to do a major defoliation at the trouble rooms and let it ride, see how it goes.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Thanks deacon

I haven't been sterilizing the fogger water, However I am in the process of installing a filter and an 18W uv light in all them to keep the water clean, Towards the end they get kinda nasty. I have always thought it had something to do with the foggers, but I couldnt come up with a reason why. I do the same fogger setup in all my rooms, and dont see anything constant to blame the foggers.
Do you have any insight into this?

I am going to do a major defoliation at the trouble rooms and let it ride, see how it goes.

I dose my fogger RO tank with a light dose of physan-20; 1ml/g just enough to smell it. I've been lowering my RH levels each grow to diminish the amount of time the fogger runs while maintaining healthy and robust growth. I've been trying to maintain RH with foliage control bc downy is a serious yield killer and not many growers are keen on it until it's a persistent issue. In my area here in MI, Downy is present on practically any outdoor plant...from corn to tomatoes to oak trees starting mid-summer.

I have also added a foliar of physan @ 5ml/g to my regimen to assist in eliminating any spores already present although I didn't really see that in your pics. Your in the early stage with those small spots.

Verify that both the ac and the foggers aren't hitting any of the plants directly and that the fog isnt falling on the plants. Your in a tight spot bc of all the kW's I know uve mentioned your RH is crazy low at full power. I have my foggers coming into the room at about 3ft high and elbowed down towards the floor. With a can fan 4" pushing the fog, 3ft is high enough so the circulation in the room disperses the fog before it's hits the ground but still low enough to avert any direct contact.

Sorry to ramble but I've thinking about the yellow blotching all night. Let's get this figured out. I hate seeing bad ass rooms stumble bc of phantom issues. I'm sure uve mentioned it but what is your nute schedule? What day and EC are you at? Maybe Cap can chime in on whether or not his Foliar pack has anything specific for Downy?

Last edited:
ttystikk

ttystikk

@gettogro nice room. I'm wondering if maybe you're not feeding heavily enough?

I get lower leaves dropping off all the time, it doesn't seem to hurt much.

Top Bottom