UC Pro's Dream House. 8 site 20kw

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa

Papa

Supporter
i love this plan.
i wonder if you put some sort of a membrane between that bottom plate and the concrete floor? typically, you'd use treated wood for your plates, because that 2x4 will wick up moisture from the concrete and begin to mold . . . but maybe you didn't want to introduce the chemicals of treated wood into the growing environment so you used a different solution like a moisture barrier between the two?

G

gettogro

It could be a combination of Thrips infestation stunting the growth in one room, Me forgetting to do a water change in another, forgetting to add drip clean, getting excessive salt build up. I have just spread myself too thin this past grow. I am a 1 man show, running 2 spots, and building the UC pro rooms, I cant seem to pay enough attention to everyone. Construction is almost complete with the UC pro spot, thank god... Building one of these setups is tough enough for a team of contractors. I do everything solo.. Next grow I can concentrate on growing and not building.
The UC pro plants look good, they recovered ok from whatever i did to them. I am starting week 6 today and WIFI starts packing it on in week 6 and 7. Great thing about growing indoors is there is a new grow every couple months. I couldnt imagine putting everything to an outdoor crop and failing. Having to wait another year would really suck..

Thanks everyone for all the advise and sugestions

gg

G

gettogro

Wow man the co2 burner thing would explain everything for me. I have to look into that 100%. Seems everytime I turn the co2 burners on things go south. I grow at 9000 + feet too. Ill do some more reading and experimenting tonight.
Thanks

I use big bud and overdrive at 1/2 bottle stregnth..
Not for long though.. Switching to Jacks ferts as soon as I can figure out the issues here...

G

gettogro

Wow man I think it is all making sense to me know... I switched 1 by 1 rooms from tankless hot water heaters to ebay co2 burners, every room went to shit seems like when I switched co2 burners.. I got to get back on this veg room...

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks Gettogrow :) Really appreciate your reply :)

Never heard of Jack's ferts before, why the change ?

G

gettogro

anyone know what the difference is in the high altitude model co2 burners?

G

gettogro

Hmm is this the poisonous flames?? High altitude low oxygen leaves a dirty burning flame killing my plants..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Kill that shit, get some tanks, and exhaust at night time!

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Where is the air pump for the UC system located? You could be pumping Co2 into the root zone. I know some of my plants have looked like that when they the roots were starving for oxygen.

Edit: Never mind just located the Alitia in the grow room build out pics.

Last edited:
ttystikk

ttystikk

Wow man the co2 burner thing would explain everything for me. I have to look into that 100%. Seems everytime I turn the co2 burners on things go south. I grow at 9000 + feet too. Ill do some more reading and experimenting tonight.
Thanks

I use big bud and overdrive at 1/2 bottle stregnth..
Not for long though.. Switching to Jacks ferts as soon as I can figure out the issues here...

You do know these CO² burner units have to be jetted for their operating altitude, right? Bet you money it's running way too rich for your elevation!

Where is the air pump for the UC system located?

How about not running one at all?

G

gettogro

Ethylene, a small colorless, odorless gas composed of two carbon and four hydrogen atoms (C2H4), is responsible for both beneficial and undesirable effects in greenhouse crops. It can prevent flowering, shorten internode length, increase branching, initiate fruit ripening, trigger leaf and flower senescence and abscission, cause leaf chlorosis (yellowing), and improve adventitious rooting. Some crops are relatively insensitive to ethylene while others are very sensitive. For example, Poinsettia shows little change after a 24 hour 1 ppm ethylene exposure, yet Cuphea hyssopifolia abscises all flowers after a 24 hour 0.01 ppm exposure. There are many potential sources of unwanted ethylene such as ripening fruit, decomposing organic matter, and exhaust from furnaces and vehicles. Because several factors can simultaneously impact a plant’s response to ethylene, it is easy to see why assessing a potential ethylene problem can be tricky. Some symptoms of exposure can be transient, while others show up long after the ethylene exposure has occurred, still other responses show up only after long-term exposure. To help you eliminate ethylene related crop delays and losses from your operation, this webpage details what short term and chronic low concentration ethylene exposure looks like, how to detect ethylene, track down the source, and fix the problem.

http://www.hort.cornell.edu/mattson/leatherwood/
Seems do describe my problems to a T
I got some interesting pics to throw up tonight..

A combustion CO2 generator burns propane or natural gas to output CO2. When there is enough oxygen available in the room a "clean combustion" not producing carbon monoxide (toxic to humans) nor ethylene gas (toxic to plants) is obtained. Thus, hourly ventilation between 1 to 3 minutes is required to replenish the oxygen level for a 24 000 Btu generator. For reference, a 24,000 Btu/hour gas generator outputs about 13 standard cubic feet of CO2 per hour.

The flames on tha co2 burners are definatly not burning clean, I should have noticed this because I weld and use a torch frequently.

Last edited:
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

great thread @gettogro . Dude im with tty, high elevations and rich c02 is no bueno. like tty said, u can get ur burners jetted to ur elevation. here is an article i read awhile ago that i book marked - it has some info about co2 and elevation and how the stomatas close up which makes the leafs look like they have some type of funk going on.

G

gettogro

These plants started to perk up 2 days ago after I turned down the lights and cut the burner. They were bouncing back, so I bumped the lights and fired up the co2. This is today.. LOL
Look at the worse plant right next to the co2 burner. Doesent even resemble WIFI anymore.

That paper from cornel university is on point.
All my burners are off till I can get things re jetted to my altitude.

The tank less propane water heaters all have flame level dial on them.. I always had them on the lowest setting and they had nice blue flame. I disliked having the extra pumps and water tanks for the water cooled co2 gens. so I ditched them for normal ones.

Now that the problem is so obvious, to anyone growing at high altitude that ethylene poisoning is common knowledge. There is probably a notice hanging up at the grow store, warning growers about this common problem..

Last edited:
G

gettogro

Hey getto,
Some people say if you run a co2 generator you need to exchange the air ever so often or in the night cycle. Ethylene gas or oxygen depletion. This thread has some different views on the issue. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/oxygen-depletion-in-a-sealed-room.30467/. It is worth a read.

I think we have a winner. I really hate to jump to conclusions. But I think you may have just solved my plague. I thought I had it figured out every grow but there was always a piece of the puzzle that didnt quite fit. The ethylene poisoning has all the pieces falling right into place.

Thank you for your post.
you r my Hero
:)
gg

DR.GT

DR.GT

look at that flame enough said.. Question GG do you have fans blowing right around your burner? Reason why i asked is cause i had fans moving to much air into my burners, at one time i had the same issues man.. Definitely been down this same road and relocating fan pattern helped me.. I agree this is an atmosphere problem.. Too much or not enough oxygen for your burner is my conclusion bro... Its amazing how something so miniscule/huge can easily be over looked, and can totally change the whole equation.. No matter how long we do this passion we still learn everyday.. That is the addiction!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom