UC Pro's Dream House. 8 site 20kw

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

ZombieSlave

fuckin massive bush right there. perhaps bringing down the RH to the 30-40's ? when i had brown crispy leaves at the bottom, some guy dumped a large container of sensical-calmag into my UC.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
GG you should see how shitty my RDWC run is going right now! Your shite plants look lush as fuck compared to mine. Hang in there bud.

sixstring

sixstring

All the rooms have plenty of air movement,
It could be the recycled water, I am back tracking to try to pinpoint the problem..

Temps are around 80 never over 85, humidity is 50-65, I did just put new bulbs in the vert rooms, the plants were doing great so I changed to new ones.
I dialled the lights back till I can see some improvement. Ill get back at it tomorow.

I grew these 3 lb plants under seemingly same conditions, Humidity was super low the whole run I only had a evap humidifier never got above 50%. wish I could get back to this place. There is some lower leaves brown and crispy, but I had awesome results.

img_1099-jpg.231952

sany0063-jpg.234856

Can you get or do you still have that strain, I'm thinking you have a picky wifi cut and your changing stuff like the water.seems kinda high in a few things, sodium is the worst the others are probably not helping either. But sometimes going back to the basics is the best way to fix it . I would get the ro going again maybe do a clearex flush for a few hours and reset your res' s with nutes like you were using in these pics.its like night and day from this grow to the one your on now.gotta be the water or the strain.
you'd be surprised how nice the plants look after a few sulfer burns sometimes.gl bro i hope you get this sorted.peace

Capfan

Capfan

The PM was new, and you sprayed e20, right? ... No idea just thinkin out loud - That and as said, the recycled water.. Hey man, dont be down on yourself, you got this.

O

organiclover

have you considered running the UC nutes and their root additive - have heard good things ?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Just remember the gavita 1k is not designed to run vertically. The DE bulbs don't work that way. Only the 400v 600w SE bulb will work vert. The philips 600w greenpower bulb is as bright as a reg 1k though. It actually runs at 660w. If you look at it it looks like you are looking at a 1k.

So yeah if you want to hang it vert just make sure the bulb stays in the horizontal position. I have mulled this over but just decided to go with gavita remote ballasts (high freq.) and the 400v 600w SE bulbs hung bare. Later if I want to change it's as simple as changing out the reflector/bulb and dialing the adjustable ballast up. It is a shame philips does not make a remote ballast for their epap.

G

gettogro

Lookin phat in there gg, what week are you on now bro?

UC pro's are on day 22

Just remember the gavita 1k is not designed to run vertically. The DE bulbs don't work that way. Only the 400v 600w SE bulb will work vert. The philips 600w greenpower bulb is as bright as a reg 1k though. It actually runs at 660w. If you look at it it looks like you are looking at a 1k.

So yeah if you want to hang it vert just make sure the bulb stays in the horizontal position. I have mulled this over but just decided to go with gavita remote ballasts (high freq.) and the 400v 600w SE bulbs hung bare. Later if I want to change it's as simple as changing out the reflector/bulb and dialing the adjustable ballast up. It is a shame philips does not make a remote ballast for their epap.

So whats going to happen when I hang it vertically? Is it going to blow up? It will only last 1/2 as long??
Has anyone hung it vertically that you know of yet?
Is there any documentation on what happens hanging it vertically?

Im willing to sacrifice a bulb to do the test..

@Capulator
Hey, I just switched to black strap mollassas to brew my teas. I was using 100ml of carboload to make 10 gallons. Should I use the same anount of molassas or double the amount. I think I saw somewhere that you use 100ml to make 5 gallons..

Last edited:
Delerium

Delerium

The mogul base isn't a screw in type that we are traditionally used to. Connections at the lamp are made at both ends, hence DE Lamp double end. Only own 600w version, never used 1k's

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

Is it possible to take apart the gavita 600 SE fixtures and hang the bulb vertically? Thanks

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
UC pro's are on day 22

So whats going to happen when I hang it vertically? Is it going to blow up? It will only last 1/2 as long??
Has anyone hung it vertically that you know of yet?
Is there any documentation on what happens hanging it vertically?

Im willing to sacrifice a bulb to do the test..

@Capulator
Hey, I just switched to black strap mollassas to brew my teas. I was using 100ml of carboload to make 10 gallons. Should I use the same anount of molassas or double the amount. I think I saw somewhere that you use 100ml to make 5 gallons..

The DE 1k is not designed and not able to work in the vertical position. This is what @whazzup says. I have the epap 1ks and the bulb only goes in one way, and has a little bubble on it that has to be facing up.

Now, I can tell you this. The epap reflector shoots out stronger side lighting than down lighting, twice as much really. This is how it can have an even footprint twice the size of a conventional reflector. I have thought about using them as vert lights the side lighting is so good I am sure it is possible.

I use 100mL of black strap in 5 gallons. 20mL per gallon. Never hurt anything like that.

@DougsNugs you are better off just buying the SE bulb and a standard mogul socket set for 20 bucks than taking apart a 300 dollar fixture.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You are an animal. Why not just hang the bulb positioned horizontally?} You should really look in to the 600w. I just swapped out all my 1k's in my 9k vert room at week 3 and the plants finished like I had the 1ks still. Actually better.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Glad u fiquired out the co2 burner issue ...most awesome grow u have there... need me one of those foggers..

Top Bottom