Uc6xl + Apache Tech Led

• Thread starter Genesis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Genesis

Genesis

Hey farmers!

Legal MMP grow and patient here :cool:

What we have folks is a Current Culture UC6XL powered by AFP-60 and the Danner Mag500 (a little overpowered for this system for extra O2 on the roots and water a flowin' nicely). Lighting up the joint are 2 Apache Tech AT600's. You may have seen Tags420 pull down some good numbers with these panels on his YouTube or here. They are nice panels and are supposed to equal or surpass 1000w HPS (We will see) These are final production panels with the updated lenses that spread light out. Each of these 65 pound mammoths pull ~750w from the wall. They weigh a shitload as they have huge solid heatsinks on them and are pretty freaking bulky and heavy.

Got the ladies nice and cool with a 1/4 hp chiller and 8,000 BTU portable AC (plenty for the LED's, they only get 90 degrees).

I know some folks are playa haters in regards to LED but these things perform well and keep cool. I'm a nerd at heart so this hydro coupled with LED has me in high tech heaven. I'd like to thank all you guys for the knowledge you've spit on this forum. I've waited years to be in place where MMP's can cultivate their own medicine and this grow may be small - but she's my dream :D. A modest little room but cost $10k to build out with the expensive ass LED's.

Wish me luck bruh's, i'm still learning. 818 Headband and SFV OG seem to be enjoying their stay thus far... End of week 1:

Uc6xl  apache tech led
Uc6xl  apache tech led 2
Uc6xl  apache tech led 3
Uc6xl  apache tech led 4
Uc6xl  apache tech led 5

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nice and clean setup - looks good

have you ran a 6 plant UC system before under other lights?

750 watts each? (thats not a typo?)

not hating on leds - I have seen some promising tech with leds in the last year - the benefits of these lights are supposed to be longevity and lower power usage - for me it would be hard to justify the crazy start up cost with such high electric usage

people be pulling 2 elbows (or dam close) per light with gavita 600s

i hope you kill it though

Genesis

Genesis

nice and clean setup - looks good

have you ran a 6 plant UC system before under other lights?

750 watts each? (thats not a typo?)

not hating on leds - I have seen some promising tech with leds in the last year - the benefits of these lights are supposed to be longevity and lower power usage - for me it would be hard to justify the crazy start up cost with such high electric usage

people be pulling 2 elbows (or dam close) per light with gavita 600s

i hope you kill it though

Nope, I had a UCXL4 that I ran under the LED's. Now I have a UCXL6. The lights pull ~750 watts from the wall - yes they are strong. Thank you for the kinds words man. 2 #/light with Gavita 600's dayamnnnnn - is that with CO2 bumping?

Genesis

Genesis

yeah - sealed rooms w/co2 and 4x4 coco beds - peep @midwestdensies thread

I just checked that thread out, dude has stuff on lock. Some other pro farmer here was saying coco beds are where it is at for higher plant counts and UC is that shit for more limited plant counts.

I have no doubt with the right strain, grower and environment on Apaches folks could pull >2 # per light. For larger grows though it would be very hard to justify the COG upfront when the Gavita 600/750's can do that work - pulling the same wattage. The heat is whatever cause at that scale electricity bill is minor compared to ROI. Unless someone has an investor behind them a larger medical op isn't gonna wanna spend $100k on LED upfront IMHO...

All good though, I'm a MMP growing for myself. My little LED/UC setup makes me happy bruh. I know the Godfather of LED tags420 recently made his own panels to sell and they are supposed to be super efficient. He has a nose for LED and I'm sure he will grace us with his presence at some point :)

I think this shit is like any electronics when they first come out. At first stuff is mad expensive and the tech is spanking new. After a while there are more competitors and COG goes down so other folks hop onboard, not just early adopters. 5 years from now I bet a large number of cats will be on LED or CMH in addition to HPS...

Last edited:
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking good

as far as pm goes keep up on that spraying weekly - wouldnt hurt to foliar with some silica as well - get some good air movement - keep your room on the warmer side and try to keep your humidty right at 50%

Genesis

Genesis

Thanks guys, got a good environment for the girls keeping RH around 50% and temps around 80 with plenty of air movement. After the girls haircut, once a week preventative spraying should do the trick.

I haven't dealt with PM before but like I said, the clones came with it (didn't notice it when I picked them up). We will keep trucking keeping the girls healthy and happy and see what we can do here.

F

FooDoo

Good environment and 50% rh/80 degree temp don't go in the same sentence . that's a 1.68 kpa vpd.

Genesis

Genesis

Good environment and 50% rh/80 degree temp don't go in the same sentence . that's a 1.68 kpa vpd.

I'm not quite up to speed on vpd but I'm going by the CCH2O chart here... I'll update this with some more pics shortly but things seem to be moving along nicely. Week 4 now and doing mid 70's for temp and ~50% for RH. Water @68 degrees, no CO2. I like to let the pH swing 5.5-6.0 :)

CCH2O Recommendations Graph 1024x743

F

FooDoo

Implying cch2o chart means diddly squat . those guys are a bunch of morons

tags420

tags420

Awesome bro. You're going to do great with your setup. Can't wait to see them become fat girls. I've been wanting to try UC for a couple years now. Looks fun.

Genesis

Genesis

Awesome bro. You're going to do great with your setup. Can't wait to see them become fat girls. I've been wanting to try UC for a couple years now. Looks fun.

Welcome Mr. Tags. You are the man bruh - been watching you on YouTube on my big screen, I wanna be like you when I grow up ;). Nice Glue grow recently btw, those crystal-coated donkey dicks looks delightful lol. I appreciate you serving up the LED knowledge. I've been messing with DWC/RDWC for some years now and I really enjoy the explosive growth when things are cooking. I'll post an update soon enough and you can see how big these gals get in such a short amount of time during their stretch phase. UC involves more variables and is more sensitive but I like the fact the chicks chill 24*7 in an all-you-can-eat nutrient jacuzzi. They seem to dig that.

Genesis

Genesis

Why are they morons have you even used their system? I have and it really works 4 Blue Dream 4 lbs

Nice job bro, looks like you were in a UC4XL, was that 2k HPS? I'd love to hit results like that this run. I'm doing mostly 818 headband this run, but I got an HSO blue dream vegging. Dat dream doe son :0). Donkey dicks!

Genesis

Genesis

Mid Week 4, some defoliation action. For reference these gals in the buckets are as tall as me (6 foot):

DSC00152
DSC00153
DSC00154
DSC00155
DSC00156

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

Nice job bro, looks like you were in a UC4XL, was that 2k HPS? I'd love to hit results like that this run. I'm doing mostly 818 headband this run, but I got an HSO blue dream vegging. Dat dream doe son :0). Donkey dicks!
Yes and I'm running the HSO Blue Dream and it's not the same as the strain in the pic which was much better than the HSO BD which I still have which is a clone only strain.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

BTW @Genesis I diy led panels and the lights I make crush Apache Tech and you can make one as well. I'll start a DIY thread in a day or two, I have 6 more panels to make.

Latest posts

Top Bottom