Uc6xl + Apache Tech Led

• Thread starter Genesis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Genesis

Genesis

Lots of new and exciting stuff in recent years regarding lighting. Got the HPS DE stuff, LED, Plasma, CMH etc. More recently the COB LED's look pretty cool. Again I'm a tech nerd, so I like hydro and interesting lights.

I have heard good things about BD clone only and HSO BD alike. I didn't have a chance to flower the HSO BD I had vegging a few months back but I could tell by the growth in veg she was something special.

The way I see it with this grow would be: 2# - good, 3# - great, 4# - excellent. Obviously I'd hope for big numbers in the yield dept but quality>quantity. If something is disappointing then I tweak, optimize and add more light, all good. As long as I'm steadily improving my game I am happy. I appreciate you more experienced guys spitting knowledge and documenting grows, it helps newbies like myself - so thanks guys.

Genesis

Genesis

Mid week 5, things moving along:

DSC00167
DSC00168
DSC00169
DSC00170
DSC00171

Genesis

Genesis

Yield is in right on 2 potatoes at 740w per unit = .6 gpw. Nothing stellar but with some tweaking should have no problem doing 3 potatoes next run. Quality is through the roof though :)

Genesis

Genesis

Yield is in right on 2 potatoes at 740w per unit = .6 gpw. Nothing stellar but with some tweaking should have no problem doing 3 potatoes next run. Quality is through the roof though :)

What I learned is I should:

1. Get a more vigorous and heavy yielding strain than OG lineage (though the smoke is excellent I want full colas on stem not big golf balls.). Blue dream is up next gonna try HSO and the clone only to compare.

2. Switching to UC4XXL13 and adding 2 more lights (1 light per plant). 13 gallon buckets with more veg time=winning. Got big cattle cages for beasts.

3. Supplement CO2

That will help me get the 1.5-2#/light I am seeking. Live, learn and grow :)

N

NWElite89

HSO line of Blue Dream is a pretty good. I have noticed there are few different phenos so be on the lookout for the indica. Still grows like a Sativa, but the nodes are much tighter. Are you going to add more LED lights, or adding MH/HPS lights? Looking forward to the next grow

Genesis

Genesis

HSO line of Blue Dream is a pretty good. I have noticed there are few different phenos so be on the lookout for the indica. Still grows like a Sativa, but the nodes are much tighter. Are you going to add more LED lights, or adding MH/HPS lights? Looking forward to the next grow

More LED all the way bro and better yielding genetics. The last few strains I have grew have been golfball style growth (OG, sour OG, herijuana). I'm ready for some donkey dick genetics and 3k LED in here. I may do a HPS vert or two if I'm not satisfied with the yield. But I have a feeling after the next run things will be a bit more dialed. Still, I can't complain about this run, it was good.

N

NWElite89

I feel ya on changing up the strain. I grew an OG as well, but was not satisfied with the golf ball colas as you mentioned. I really dig the LED grow and cant wait to make the jump one day .I am sure your next grow will be better. I learn something new every time and I seem to get better results each run.

Genesis

Genesis

I feel ya on changing up the strain. I grew an OG as well, but was not satisfied with the golf ball colas as you mentioned. I really dig the LED grow and cant wait to make the jump one day .I am sure your next grow will be better. I learn something new every time and I seem to get better results each run.

That is the game of life man. Patience has taken me a long time to learn but I am still working on it. Live, learn and grow. I've been smoking a lot of blueberry lately, which actually suits my tastes quite well. It is such a mellow-strain and very agreeable with my chemistry. My hopes are that the HSO Blue Dream has a solid blueberry backbone, so I can get that super mellowness combined with that classic haze euphoria we all know and love. It won't be long now and we will be back it :)

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

More LED all the way bro and better yielding genetics.

Nice grow, impressive. I couldn't agree more. I'm an LED grower for 5 years now. I've got one system lite with a combo of LEDs and T5s and a second system that been running T5 XHOs that will be switched to LEDs next week. Got two KIND XL1000s coming to replace the XHOs.

Genesis

Genesis

How you doing bro

Been doing well guys. As I said some changes were in order... Upgraded to UC4XXL13 and 4 AT600s. Each plant gets a light and the new Genetics are an indica leaning HSO blue dream pheno. One plant is 6 weeks in and went in as a runt and just dropped 3 new girls from veg in there.... They should blow up. Little tricky with different nute profiles at different growth stages but I'll meet both in the middle and they should be happy.

What I like about the UC is that it is modular so one can upgrade incrementally. My end goal for meds is a UC6XXL13 with an AT600 over each girl. This is half of my legal plant count so less is more :). I'll be building out a new room in time and it will be closed with CO2. This should be adequate for my patients needs and I. If not, I'll throw in two thouey drops in the middle of each set of 4 :).

I can already tell the HSO BD is a much more vigorous and girthy strain than the OG lineage and Herijuana I was messing with. She just wants to blow up and isn't stretchy in the slightest in regards to long ass internodes. I like this.

I was really enjoying some organic blueberry the other week and my patients have asked for Dream. I'm all down for experimenting but most folks say a solid dream is hard to beat in the yields to quality department. So I'll prolly try to run her a while and get comfortable with her.

Stay tuned, I'll be starting a new log with the updated system. Thanks for all your help you guys to shorten my learning curve. I'm all about quality so I don't mind dropping money on expensive lights and hydro equipment so long as the quality is there for my medical condition and patient satisfaction.

tags420

tags420

Your changes/additions sound perfect.
Dream is very hard to beat. With your own patients, it's everything you could want as a medical grower. Yield and quality. The best quality of all the popular high yielders by a good amount IMO. Maybe some well grown sourD. But dream is consistently great for me. Over 27% thc under AT600's specifically. HSO could have some even better pheno's.
Anyways...stoked to see how you next run comes out.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I've seen that HSO Blue Dream mentioned favorably a few times here and it's one I need to try. What is a good veg time in an XL system, how long flowering?

Genesis

Genesis

Your changes/additions sound perfect.
Dream is very hard to beat. With your own patients, it's everything you could want as a medical grower. Yield and quality. The best quality of all the popular high yielders by a good amount IMO. Maybe some well grown sourD. But dream is consistently great for me. Over 27% thc under AT600's specifically. HSO could have some even better pheno's.
Anyways...stoked to see how you next run comes out.

Thanks bro, it is live and learn for me. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but i'm a fuckin nerd and will read like crazy about a subject that interests me. Then I practice until I get good. I'm glad to hear that you have had solid experiences with the Blue Dream. Ton's of folks say it is overplayed, widely used etc. etc. But I'll tell ya, if the strain is #1 on Leafly and is adored by growers... there has to be a reason.

Thanks for posting your vid logs on YouTube tags, you've been a mentor for my LED grows, despite that i'm a hydro guy a lot of concepts remain the same. When I saw how nerdy you got about LED's and had done your homework I knew Apache Tech was for me. I wanted to ask as well, what camera you use for your YouTube videos? They come out nice.

Also 27% THC donkey dicks... sheesh. What more could a grower want? BD is HSO's most famous strain and thus far she is treating me well but I'll keep you guys posted.

Genesis

Genesis

I've seen that HSO Blue Dream mentioned favorably a few times here and it's one I need to try. What is a good veg time in an XL system, how long flowering?

Their dream is 65-70 days as per their site and PDF catalog for 2015

As per 2015 CCH2O recommendations the XL model recommends 18"-24" of veg growth. But in the UC with a vigorous strain like BD I'd err on the side of caution and flip at 18" max at first. It is always easier to do it that way then have to deal with tipping plants and craziness. CCH2O recommends flipping at 30-36" for the XXL model, but I did so at 24" to be conservative at first.

Kinda depends what the lineage you are dealing with is. If it is pure afghani/indica, fuck it - flip at the max recommendation. But with a new strain and being Sativa dominant... I'll start conservatively. These are UC system man, shit blows up.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Thanks much for the info. Everything I've grown so far has blown up on me. First grow I vegged to 24" and plants got to 5' and it was an indica dom strain. I've been cutting back and this grow ended up with plants in different weeks of veg due to some germ problems. I think the range was 3-5 weeks. 3-4 weeks looks best for that particular strain, which was about 15". Been reading Desertsquirel's trimming and pruning tutorial and will do some things different next time. I was topping 3-4 times, way too much. Lesson learned.
Seed banks tend to overstate their strains so I like first hand opinions when I can get them. Especially when growing in these systems. Much different from any way I've grown before. I know there's going to be some trial and error to find what works best in my environment. People around here like those CA strains, so BD will be a good one to run. Thanks again.

Genesis

Genesis

Setup upgrade and questions.

Hey guys, before starting a new thread I wanted to ask a few questions. CCH2O recommends for a UCXXL4 for either 4 600w overhead per plant or 5 600w verts in between. My plan was to do both and kill it, but do it the energy efficient route and utilize the Philips master color 315 Agro lights in place of the 600w. Please see the below pic as an example. I've heard the rule of thumb is 3.41 BTU per watt. When we add up the 4 AT600's and 5 315 CDL Phillips drops we get about 15,000 BTU/hour.

I use a 70 pint dehuey (which makes some heat) and have a fan or two... I'd want this to be a closed system with CO2 (bottled, so no additional heat). Am I better off get a 1.5 ton BTU Mini-split (18,000) or a 2 ton mini split (24,000). Any advice would be appreciated as I'm pretty new to this stuff but want to run at max efficiency with top notch LED and CDL verts in RDWC. Cuz i'm a fuckin' nerd.

I have a close friend who works in HVAC and can get wholesale and install it for compensation in meds. So if you have any recommended brands or killer SEER value quality units I'd love to hear folks. Thank you for your time.

IMG 0003

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Setup upgrade and questions.

Hey guys, before starting a new thread I wanted to ask a few questions. CCH2O recommends for a UCXXL4 for either 4 600w overhead per plant or 5 600w verts in between. My plan was to do both and kill it, but do it the energy efficient route and utilize the Philips master color 315 Agro lights in place of the 600w. Please see the below pic as an example. I've heard the rule of thumb is 3.41 BTU per watt. When we add up the 4 AT600's and 5 315 CDL Phillips drops we get about 15,000 BTU/hour.

I use a 70 pint dehuey (which makes some heat) and have a fan or two... I'd want this to be a closed system with CO2 (bottled, so no additional heat). Am I better off get a 1.5 ton BTU Mini-split (18,000) or a 2 ton mini split (24,000). Any advice would be appreciated as I'm pretty new to this stuff but want to run at max efficiency with top notch LED and CDL verts in RDWC. Cuz i'm a fuckin' nerd.

I have a close friend who works in HVAC and can get wholesale and install it for compensation in meds. So if you have any recommended brands or killer SEER value quality units I'd love to hear folks. Thank you for your time.

Here's a BTU calculator that I've found useful: . Enter in your total watts and it will give you the BTUs per hour.

I'm limited to 110 vac so can't run anything over 12k BTU. I'm pulling about 4k watts and 12k BTU isn't near enough. Here's what I'm using: . Highest SEER rating I could find at that time. It runs well, is quiet but in the automatic mode, which is very desirable for those times when both A/C and heat may be needed in the course of a day, it's fixed at 78 degrees. Fine for lights on but higher than I'd like for lights out, especially at the end of the grow. The heat pump is fine for lights out, so just going to add a window unit for additional A/C.

Having a friend is useful. Most void the warranty if the unit is self installed.

Top Bottom