Ufc/mma

• Thread starter e4ian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
e4ian

e4ian

A9f6c011a05c532dbf8c52e1e84a7081 423005

Gr8 Stuff! ....Smilies work! "...Load up now i can tell ya!!...... :D woohoooo!

..watchin' a-man-ter hold-em... bit hyper... ALL GOOD! :) "uk ,This Morning"
--^ an' Harvest Day SO WEED ALL "FUNKY" DAY! ......:D
(yummy bluemeanie & [heavier] Cookiewreck)
^..Amanda Holden !
29bb69f8fe5fed253c48694f75b8d1b4 434448 1

Last edited:
e4ian

e4ian

^^ The Lawler Mcdonald fight Was a Battle.. "robbie ONLY boxes a bit too much.." i was thinking! (on an Excitment!?,level."Tad boring") :)
..But Nah! The Striking is VERY Effective,of course..
..LOVE THE WALKOUT TUNE!:

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

I love Connor McGregor. Based on what I've seen so far, I think he will go down as one of the all time greats.

I worry though that the antics outside the cage are going to come back to haunt him. You know when some fighters learn humility? After they are beaten & embarrassed. & I love to see that happen to fighters I hate, but I hate to see it happen to fighters I love.

My first time in this thread, so if I'm permitted can I take it back in time a little... does anyone else thing that Johny Hendricks was robbed in that match against GSP? I think that was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Junk

Junk

I'm from a boxing town Lowell MA. I've met Micky Ward on several occasions. The movie they named about him...many of the scenes are places I walk every day. My grandfather boxed in the Navy, then professionally. My father boxed, my uncle...they taught me the basics.

So I have always enjoyed watching boxing, I think, on a level that is different than your average fan. I don't know the statistics on how many boxing fans on average also know how to box, that's just how I feel. I grew up when boxing was at it's prime in my opinion, Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Julio Cesar Chavez. I was just getting really into it when the Mike Tyson era came around so I was there for that meteoric rise & fall, Prince Naseem, Moralles, Berreira, a young Mayweather Jr, Trinidad, De La Hoya, Zab Juda, Micky Ward, Hopkins, Gatti, Roy Jones Jr....these are just names I'm spitting out as quickly as I can type.

But one thing I hated about boxing was all the stupid crap that went on with promotion. I don't like the choosing of the fights, but also the "gift" fights, ala Mayweather Jr vs. Sugar Shane Mosley. That was just a "favor" to SSM...& why not, Mayweather makes a huge payday too. & he never gets hit lol. But also along the line seen some very poor decisions that make you wonder if it's a fix.

MMA/UFC, I love the fact that you don't get to pick your opponent. If you want to be the champ, you gotta fight the people who deserve a shot, not duck them. I think that's how it should be (reasonably). But seeing stuff like that Hendricks decision, really makes me wonder if the "fixing" has already corrupted the new sport. Maybe it's naive to think otherwise.

e4ian

e4ian

Thx for your write up Junk! :) .. Hendrix is one of my FAVE Fighters.. Yep i felt he beat GSP,BUT after watching the fight "A good" several times (with dad/pops one time too) i/we came to the Conclusion That IF you took away Any Previous Knowledge of These Fighters and Watched with a Totally Unbiased View and Scored the Fight "like a ref/judge" Then Also Considering GSP was "The Champ ALREADY" we had him just Slightly Nudging the Win . GSP was SO Beat up tho ! (he knows he lost.Really)
Hendrix Totally Dictated how the fight went!

^Woa some Boxing names there ^^ (that ring a "Bell"!!) :)

Oh! i hear Tyson furry is Fighting Vladimir Klitschko in October for the Belt .
(i think October)

My fave fighters are: j. hendrix,CMG,Gunnar nelson,luke barnett..Jbj... Quite a few more too! ..i use to like dan hardy [uk]

DC is a Fave too.. list goes on lol..

^Thx for your Words/time bud :)

Junk

Junk

Oh! i hear Tyson furry is Fighting Vladimir Klitschko in October for the Belt .
(i think October)

^Thx for your Words/time bud :)

Should I start my own boxing thread? I'm being serious, I don't want to hijack the MMA thread.

In my opinion, Tyson was one of the greatest talents the hw division has ever seen. He ruled with an iron (no pun intended) fist for more than a decade. Completely unstoppable.

Some of you must have some first hand knowledge of boxing...how do you stop a hw with this kind of speed?

He fell off early, not because of his talent, but because he wasn't training right. D'amato's death didn't help him either.

But in his prime, I don't think anyone could stop him, past or present.

He is fighting Klitschko (I'm not sure if you were looking for affirmation?) The thing with hw's is that one good punch is all that is needed to end it. In that division, anyone stands a chance on a given night. Later in his career, the longer guys gave Mike trouble, K will probably be the same...but like I said, in that weight class, it's whoever can land the first clean punch.

But put that guy in the video above in the ring with K, & I don't see it happening.

e4ian

e4ian

yes Cus-damato!! ^ I was a MEGA FAN of Tyson too! ... you'd get on well with my dad, in saying this/that ^> "But in his prime, I don't think anyone could stop him, past or present. "

"learned" he could fight when someone killed his beloved Pigeons,didnt he!... :)

Boxing "Now" for me is "Usually" Not Half as Exciting as UFC/MMA .Unless theres a BIG bout on, mayweather vs pacquiao & (uk's) froch vs Groves was 2 that i did watch with Glee :D
..especially "money" vs Pacman

[^^Junior jones too^ = Featherweight always beat barrera!... always being 2x anyhow]

^ Yea fight is Taking Place Bro. ie klitschko vs Furry

Also Sorry,but thought i read you talking about Naz,barrera,morales..etc
CANT see that to read now tho...? (lol)

whacked,must be!
4a7923170bb452b9d8f3abeb9028f6db 434446

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

Was $ & Pacman any good? I don't get to see this stuff nowadays till it hits the internet. Don't have cable or anything. Just nettflix & Hulu.

Jr. is one of those boxers I really dislike. I can't stand his attitude. Plus he is a wife beater...I can't respect that.

Having said that, I think his complaint that he "doesn't get the respect he deserves" is legitimate. He's beaten everyone put in front of him. A lot of them, he could have just gone & fought the next guy in line the night after. He's virtually impossible to hit (when he gets hit, it's because he is allowing it) most fights he walks out not looking any different than he did when he went in. Even though I dislike his attitude, in the ring he is already a legend, & I think - well deserved. He not just one of the greatest boxers of all time, he's one of the greatest athletes. It doesn't matter how much I dislike him, there is no denying that.

Oddly enough, Prince Naseem was like Mayweather Jr. Over the top confidence, just acting like the king of the world. But I loved Naseem. I knew he was being a dick, but I thought it was funny. May weather, it's just off putting to me.

But back to the "excuses" as to why he isn't one of the greats, his fight with Ruiz. Ruiz tried to head butt him...like a billy goat. It was unbelievable. The ref did his thing they hugged & ref said "fight" Ruiz left his arms down, so Jr. knocked him out. It doesn't matter what Ruiz was thinking at the time, it's "protect yourself at all times." Those are the rules...so when people point & say "yeah, Jr. won," you really have to follow that with "by playing according to the rules." Whereas Ruiz's head butt (it's so blatant he should have been dq'd) is not even in discussion. A head butt can seriously screw up a boxer's future, & when you come charging from halfway across the ring to do it lol, it's no different than a flagrant foul in other sports where you get tossed.

That's how Ruiz was trying to win. But because it's Mayweather, the matter becomes about when he ko'd Ruiz, & was that right. It doesn't matter if it's right, it's the rules of the game. That's on Ruiz, or whatever happened there, not Mayweather.

e4ian

e4ian

.^ i Reckon if Manny had a been more Aggressive he'd of done loads better.. As things were tho Mayweather dictated the fight.( i think)
I suppose some Might say "Gave him too much respect"

^ is jr roy jones jr ? Heard UFC's "Hawaiian" travis Browne has been had up for "Wife beating charges,Recently" ?? 6' 8" or something isnt he !!??? Eikkkk !

Last edited:
e4ian

e4ian

8pm eastern time U.S
20150714053557 5D3 1969

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
Heavyweight Frank Mir vs. Todd Duffee
Lightweight Josh Thomson vs. Tony Ferguson
Women's Bantamweight Holly Holm vs. Marion Reneau
Bantamweight Scott Jorgensen vs. Manvel Gamburyan
Lightweight Kevin Lee vs. James Moontasri
Welterweight Alan Jouban vs. Matt Dwyer
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Featherweight Sam Sicilia vs. Yaotzin Meza
Women's Bantamweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Sarah Moras
Bantamweight Rani Yahya vs. Masanori Kanehara
Welterweight Igor Araújo vs. Sean Strickland
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Middleweight Kevin Casey vs. Ildemar Alcântara
Welterweight Andrew Craig vs. Lyman Good

Junk

Junk

.^ i Reckon if Manny had a been more Aggressive he'd of done loads better.. As things were tho Mayweather dictated the fight.( i think)
I suppose some Might say "Gave him too much respect"

^ is jr roy jones jr ? Heard UFC's "Hawaiian" travis Browne has been had up for "Wife beating charges,Recently" ?? 6' 8" or something isnt he !!??? Eikkkk !

Most people when they refer to Jr. Are talking about Mayweather...although there are a million jr.s in boxing lol

e4ian

e4ian

:D yep thats right! ..and i recall now HE DID get had up for wife beating..
..Still "flabbergasted" ive just seen my UFC Thread at icmag has been deleted!? ..Had over 50,000 views !. .....
"They really are-" .......ASSHOLES! Complete Tossers

This ones left ..(^^) https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=305511

Last edited:
e4ian

e4ian

^Way to go Frank-Mir!! .....(Still Think he should hang em up tho)
Also - "el-ka-koeyy"(?)!(?) = Tony Ferguson. (must of been Fight of the Night)
Thompson is a Tuff Dude !

Junk

Junk

What do you think about hw (heavy weight) divisions in general? It's like this in boxing too, but I'll try to get back on topic.

In boxing, the rules you have to follow, make a weight difference a MONUMENTAL advantage. The worst knockout I have ever seen is Arturo Gatti vs. Joey Gamache

Now, Gamache was probably going to lose anyway, but he wasn't a bad fighter. (You don't make a living in the pros if you aren't damn good) They both made weight, but Gatti gained it back for the day of the fight. you can see what a 20 lb weight advantage will do. (They say in the video 15, it was later found out to be 20) I've seen more spectacular knockouts, but that was the "worst" one, the guy was out on his feet after the first punch, completely unconscious, just a freak thing that he stayed on balance, then he got his with two more, at full force, that were right on the button. (I remember seeing this fight when it actually happened lol. I actually remember saying to my grandfather in the first round "they can't be in the same weight class, look at the size difference!)

So 20lbs is A LOT to give up in, in any fighting sport. That clip right there ended Gamache's career. In the beginning, the ufc it was not as big a deal because the little guys knew jiu jitsu. The big ass hulks were just strikers (and not super good ones either)

Now, it's pretty much an even playing field. Everyone knows jj. The playing field is a lot more level. So in the hw division...I'll just give an example...

Couture vs Lesnar. Both considered hw, but when you watch that fight, for Couture to win IMO, would have been a miracle. All Brock has to do is get a hold of him. Brock knew how to wrestle, some JJ etc.

At what point do you create or change the divisions so that it's more fair? Bc Couture is an amazing fighter, but in the octagon with any of the recent champs, and he is dwarfed.

I understand that the division needs a large enough pool to make it work, but giving up 40,50,60 lbs to an opponent who is trained roughly as good as you are...for those of you who have fought, you know what a steep hill that is to climb. IMO a guy like Randy and Brock don't belong in the ring together unless you are going back to the original format...which now, even if it were legal, I don't think it would work. Valasquez vs Royce Gracie? I love Royce, but I don't think he would stand a chance. It's too much weight to give up with a fighter that is well trained.

Here is basically what I'm saying. You've got the divisions, because if you didn't separate based on weight, the fight wouldn't be fair. That stops at the hw division. But the concept doesn't. I think at some point, they need to fix that. I don't know how, but I think it needs to happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom