Under Current 12XXXL on 40" centers

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kpezzy

Tex any runs under your belt with Cutting edge??? I just got a bunch and am thinking about trying them out on my next run? Thanks alot

X

Xceptional

Good shit TK you are having your way over there in Texas i see! keep up the good work!!!

when i grow you I'll have kiddie pools full of bud just like you. do you ever take your harvest and dump all your cured buds into one of them and swim in it like Scrooge Mcduck?

C

Casper

Very Impressive. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with us!

H

halitzor

Maybe if you didnt have to buy the pumps. $200?, sounds like a troll.

strong box, home depot, $13 X 6 = $78
pondmaster air pump. $150
1600 gph inline pump. $150
2" uniseals, $3.50 x 12 = $42
10" netpots $3.50 x 6 = $21
Airstones. $5 x 6 = $30
total $471+
shipping, tools, reservoir, pvc, float valve, air tubing, etc. $ ?
time spent searching internet to put system together.
time spent searching the internet to piece together parts.
time spent driving around sourcing parts.
time spent fixing something you surely did wrong.
total $, couple hundred bucks.

Did you save anything? Only the brain damage of dealing with the local hydro shop. But I wont save any money.

I already sourced the containers and bought them at a department store. 11 x 10 gallon recycled plastic containers with lids $5 each.

I got the uniseals online for $1.37 each shipped.

I already have 6 dual outlet MA800 air pumps that ive collected from grows, I get those for $15 each shipped.

Already have the water pump... I would never waste money on equipment at the hydro store. The nutes on the other hand are the same price as online + shipping.

L

Lost

When you look at what you get and the price they offer, its a great deal. If your time is worth money, these guys have the system. I'm going to try one of their systems (13 gallon buckets), I think these are the best production offering out right now. My next grow journal will be one of these with vert and horizontal lighting. Thanks TK for the great journal!

:party0042:

K

kuz

I already sourced the containers and bought them at a department store. 11 x 10 gallon recycled plastic containers with lids $5 each.

I already have 6 dual outlet MA800 air pumps that ive collected from grows, I get those for $15 each shipped.

Already have the water pump... I would never waste money on equipment at the hydro store. The nutes on the other hand are the same price as online + shipping.

I get the sticker shock when first looking at UC. Whats a heavy duty, food grade type of bucket worth? Similar sized aquaculture tanks with a lid would run $50 each. The UC is proven plug and play, thats the value to me.

I'm not sure about the airpump your using, I thought the pondmaster was an economy pump. I've seen a lot more expensive ones that the aquarium guys seem to prefer.

I forget who was using the cutting board material for lids, those looked great. Imagine a bucket made out of that material, with a molded drain to eliminate uniseals and a skrew in side hatch for inspecting the roots. What would the cost be though.

There are a few things with UC, it seems Texas Kid had some issue getting to the pump to replace it if it failed. The other thing I wonder is how easy it is to get in the lids to check out the roots. Would bigger buckets be any advantage? All in all the UC looks like a good deal to me.

For me a gallon of Floranova is $87 local, $60 online. No question of quality difference, just a lot cheaper even with shipping.

J

Juzam

Where'd you get 2" uniseals for $1.37?

T

TyKaycha

What thinking the same thing! Immediately started searching on google!

H

halitzor

Where'd you get 2" uniseals for $1.37?

I'm digging through my gmail looking for a receipt or invoice and I'll get back to you.

I am ridiculously cheap, I'll scour the depths of the web for hours to save a buck...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Been over a month since TK's last post... :thinking Must have been one hell of a harvest... :harvest:

T

t7rln

@ TK - Could you describe the odor abatement system that you use with this grow? Carbon filter, Ozone?

Also, what is your electric bill per month in this current set-up?

@ Halitzor - I would also love to know where to get 2" uniseals for $1.37 shipped. Thanks.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I ran H&G art full strength and had killer results.

I top off with straight r/o water, no nutes at all..mine feeds off of 200gallon r/o holding tanks right into the UC system, no nutes, i nute the sytem as needed and ride the ph like a vulture

Tex

TK,

You mention that you nute the system as needed and use the float valve in the Epicenter to top off with just straight R/O corrrect?

When its time to add nutes, do you just add in AF or all the other additives as well following the feed chart? U go with the normal levels not the aggressive?

Im just trying to figure the best way to top off and add back nutes with the UC.

Thoughts?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Hit up CC

Give Daniel a call and he'll give you the run down on how to best manage topping off.

L

lifecycle

TK,

You mention that you nute the system as needed and use the float valve in the Epicenter to top off with just straight R/O corrrect?

When its time to add nutes, do you just add in AF or all the other additives as well following the feed chart? U go with the normal levels not the aggressive?

Im just trying to figure the best way to top off and add back nutes with the UC.

Thoughts?

Also it seems like you never really drain the system for a res changeout...is this correct? Seems like its constantly topped off with RO getting weaker and weaker, then when your ppm its really low you add nutes...?:punch

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

these buckets are fantastic...looks really good in there so far

Top Bottom