UnderDawg Numero Uno

• Thread starter andy107
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

andy107

Whats up farmers? Popped 4 UD#1's 3 days ago and got a 100% germ rate..big ups to topdawg! Ive got them in some root riot plugs under a 4 bulb 2ft T5..Ill veg them in 1.5 gallon pots under this light until their big enough to get some clones from then ill transplant them in to 3 gals for flower..Im using FFOF soil and for nutes all I have is Fox Farms big bloom..I may get some other goodies for them later on though. They will be flowered under a 400w hps. Other than that there isnt much going on being that they are still seedlings. Comments and critique are welcome!

I do have one question though..Im assuming there are not ferts in these root riot plugs so im wondering how long these babies can last in them b4 they need to be put in soil?

On with the pics..First pic is a group shot with the thermometer in there so folks can see my temps/humidity. And the last 2 pics are just the seedlings themselves.

Underdawg numero uno
Underdawg numero uno 2
Underdawg numero uno 3

420king-MASSES

Damn, I cant get no love? lol

i got nothing but love for ya bro lol ill be watching i got this in clone cant wait to sere how they come out mine is labeled ud1 next to my white bubba
natural_medicines_1112.jpg

A

andy107

haha thanks bro, nice lookin clones you got there too! Stick around man hoping to find some dank in these beans.:bong2:

420king-MASSES

even with the weaker phenos the buds will still be dank as fuck jj,chem,and crew know how to put out quality genetics

A

andy107

Thats good to know man, i hear they yield well too. You wouldnt happen to have an answer for my question about my seedlings in those plugs would you? lol

A

andy107

haha i usually use the beer pong cups myself but thought id try something new. thanks anyway tho!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice start andy107! I've used Rapid Rooters which are basically the same as Root Riot plugs... I also treat these the same as using rockwool for seedlings... None of these mediums have nutrient value, so the seedlings will need to be planted into soil in about a week after they have been in the plugs. It's at this time you should see the first set of leaves appear after the cotyledons open. I have not used FFOF, but have read journals where seedlings were burned just after planting into FFOF since that soil is hot...

A

andy107

Thanks bro appreciate it! Im a little worried about that soil and my seedlings too..i may pick up some cheap potting soil for them just until their big enough to handle the FFOF.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thanks bro appreciate it! Im a little worried about that soil and my seedlings too..i may pick up some cheap potting soil for them just until their big enough to handle the FFOF.
I really like Happy Frog and Light Warrior with some chunky perlite added... Lately I've been playing with diff ratios and adding coco to the mix in lieu of Light Warrior. In any event, I'd research FFOF and see what others have done to be safe. I also can say with confidence that one of the best investments I've ever made was my Hanna 98129 combo meter... I love having control over my pH and PPM's in my nutrient mixes since my mediums are light on the amendments... If you are gonna use RO water, you'll also need CalMag or some type of Calcium and Magnesium supplement such as Epsom salt. Good luck and I hope you find some lovely ladies in those beans... :cool

A

andy107

I really like Happy Frog and Light Warrior with some chunky perlite added... Lately I've been playing with diff ratios and adding coco to the mix in lieu of Light Warrior. In any event, I'd research FFOF and see what others have done to be safe. I also can say with confidence that one of the best investments I've ever made was my Hanna 98129 combo meter... I love having control over my pH and PPM's in my nutrient mixes since my mediums are light on the amendments... If you are gonna use RO water, you'll also need CalMag or some type of Calcium and Magnesium supplement such as Epsom salt. Good luck and I hope you find some lovely ladies in those beans... :cool

Thanks for all the info bro, I would like to get one of those hanna meters sometime but unfortunately moneys tight..right now all i have is a cheap soil ph meter and im using distilled water with my nutes but have no way to check ppms..Ive got a Dj Short True Blueberry and a NL#5 flowering right now and the ph of their soil is 7.2 ish..which im not sure is good but im not having any problems with the plants so thats good. I think i should browse around the infirmary threads for info on hot soils for seedlings though..Ill post some more pics of the babies later on, they are taking right off though! :rastadancing:

A

andy107

Here are some pics as promised :)..I got the babies transplanted into some beer cups tonight, its cheap soil but it should work until they get a few leaf sets and are ready for the FFOF..I still have them under a dome with temp at 70f and humidity at 75%.

PB270480
PB270481
PB270482
PB270483
PB270484

420king-MASSES

your seedlings dont need a humidity dome brotha thats for clones

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Exactly right... Get that dome off asap or you'll kill those seedling like I did the first time I did soil... All that soil is like a sponge. :itwasntme

TortureKill

TortureKill

Im subscribed.. Been wanting to see an UD1 grow for ages. I had some of my own I was getting ready to flower, and had them ripped. Im stoked to see how these do for ya. Best of luck bro.

R

Radio_Dread

congrats on the great start dude 4/4 is awesome.. i got a female on the last run and it turned out dank. def take her the full 70 days for a great diesel smell. she did yeild good and the high is nice and smooth. the buds are really fluffy and have great bag appeal. thanks for sharing.

RD

E

E.T.

never had any prob with ffof and seedlings.....soak em over night, put em in a paper towel for a day, then pretty much straight into beer cups with ffof. only feed them ro water with a little superthrive....never had a problem.....
Alien bubbadifferences

good luck, bro. hope you find some fire

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
use FFOF soil for seeds man. get some RO water and flush the soil once its in a cup real well and let some nutes flush out just a bit....then plant your plugs in there. light warrior you can use but iv found it a lil harder to balance in nutes with that soil. good looking start so far man....good luck with your hunt! ~SMF~

A

andy107

Pulled it off this morning bro, thanks for the advice! :)

Exactly right... Get that dome off asap or you'll kill those seedling like I did the first time I did soil... All that soil is like a sponge. :itwasntme

Good lookin out man, sorry to hear your seedlings died, but hey your rocking them plants now! :harvest:

Im subscribed.. Been wanting to see an UD1 grow for ages. I had some of my own I was getting ready to flower, and had them ripped. Im stoked to see how these do for ya. Best of luck bro.

Thanks for stopping by man, i hear theres some dank in these beans..sorry to hear you couldnt run yours. :(

congrats on the great start dude 4/4 is awesome.. i got a female on the last run and it turned out dank. def take her the full 70 days for a great diesel smell. she did yeild good and the high is nice and smooth. the buds are really fluffy and have great bag appeal. thanks for sharing.

RD

Thanks for the love my dude, stick around should be some fire on the way from what i hear..i hope im lucky enough to get that diesel fuel funk!

never had any prob with ffof and seedlings.....soak em over night, put em in a paper towel for a day, then pretty much straight into beer cups with ffof. only feed them ro water with a little superthrive....never had a problem.....
View attachment 116459
good luck, bro. hope you find some fire

Thats good to hear, your babies look nice and healthy! Alot of ppl say that FFOF will burn em up so i didnt want to take any chances, thanks for stopping by. :damnhippie:

Latest posts

Top Bottom