Upgrading lights

• Thread starter blazinlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just for the record, considering what your running they DO look good.
I remember growing under T12's.
I too am on a fixed income these days.
And I can still get Mex weed for 350 lb but I don't because I don't have to.
So I spent my money unwisely a couple times but saved my nickels to upgrade.
All Buzz was saying was you'll never really get any great nugs untill you upgrade again.
TY..I really wasn't trying to be rude, but I guess my short answer could be interpreted that way.

We all have to start somewhere, and I also fked up a FEW times before getting what I wanted.
Before the Farm, I belonged to Grasscity where I got horrible lighting advice before I found their LED lighting guru to set me straight.
I can't afford the prices in Nevada dispensarys and after cultivating my own..could care less anyway. Fixed incomes suck, but it is what it is.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I ran 28 watts a ft, because that’s what I had, was happy pullin a zip a plant ( small auto ) doubled my light output to 56 and now My last plant harvested wAs 80 g’s in a jar that’s over a 100% increase in yield just from light,
And I too run on a shoestring budget and in considerably less than ideal conditions!

So yes it can be done with low light but it’s SOOOOO much better with the right amount. Just a newbies opinion

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

All I was trying to do is show the op that it can be done even when you're broke.
Also smart enough to know when someone says "I don't mean to be a dick" they mean to do exactly that.
Blow smoke up someone else's butt, dude. You meant to be a dick and you had your little laugh at my expense.
Hope someday you remember you were new too...
My PTSD caused me to really focus on your words..and I realized you were right, it was pointless and worthless so I ripped them up.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

All I was trying to do is show the op that it can be done even when you're broke.
Also smart enough to know when someone says "I don't mean to be a dick" they mean to do exactly that.
Blow smoke up someone else's butt, dude. You meant to be a dick and you had your little laugh at my expense.
Hope someday you remember you were new too...
My PTSD caused me to really focus on your words..and I realized you were right, it was pointless and worthless so I ripped them up.
Try getting over yourself..Sometimes it works..
Now I am NOT sorry that you took it wrong!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

@1deisel1 or @Rootbound..
Where did the ignore button go.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
THANK YOU....
LOL on the disappearing ignore button.
I see it when I scroll through the list of threads and hover over the name of the person who started the thread but dont see it once you open the thread....

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Man.....I am on a Windoze10 PC and can't find it anywhere..
I still have my short ignore list in tact, but I need to locate it for an addition before I say something that I shouldn't say.

Anthem

Anthem

Personally I go with 50+per sq ft with my own. (Kingbrite 240s x2 and a single Unitfarm UFO80 at 175watts, of higher end burple)
Not a burple fan, but that thing rocks and adds something to the grow, but I can't put my finger on it.

View attachment 938916
Are you using a new math formula or is that a 13 sq ft tent?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Running less than full power is more efficient 👍

CORRECT! TY

I sure hope that @Rootbound finds the answer to that elusive ignore button....my trigger finger is getting very itchy these days! LMAO

Anthem

Anthem

CORRECT! TY

I sure hope that @Rootbound finds the answer to that elusive ignore button....my trigger finger is getting very itchy these days! LMAO
Ya I need to learn how to use that button

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Personally I go with 50+per sq ft with my own. (Kingbrite 240s x2 and a single Unitfarm UFO80 at 175watts, of higher end burple)
Not a burple fan, but that thing rocks and adds something to the grow, but I can't put my finger on it.

View attachment 938916

What is your PPF with this set up??

there is simply no way my plants can take more than 2 320 watt HLG 3 Quantum board set ups in a 4x4 area, I do not have a meter but even Jacks Nutrients at max strength just barely keeps up with that much light & we are talking only 40 watts per ft2.. No way in heck would I put more light on em, & the 2 fixtures need to be a good 24" high to not fry the plants.. I do not run co2 so that could change things but with no co2 I do not believe you are gaining squat with say 50 watts per ft2 over 40. Or maybe kingbrite boards are that much different than the HLG's??? Wattage really means nothing to me, PAR meters do not lie & plants do not lie either & 40 watts of HLG Rspec LED's per ft2 is pushing the limits bigly without co2 (easily over 1000 PPFD). I have been at this for over 20 years & certainly going from say 30 watts per ft2 to 50 watts per ft2 with HID is fantastic but going from 40 watts per ft2 to 50 watts+ per ft2 with the HLG boards I'm using would only hurt my plants & hurt em pretty good I bet..

your set up is what like 675 watts ish maybe 700 tops? In a 3x3? but yet I bet you are under 1100 PPFD. I am definitely pushing very near 1100 PPFD with 6 quantum boards in a 4x4 & that is only taking the HLG's 40 watts per ft2 to achieve

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

What is your PPF with this set up??

there is simply no way my plants can take more than 2 320 watt HLG 3 Quantum board set ups in a 4x4 area, I do not have a meter but even Jacks Nutrients at max strength just barely keeps up with that much light & we are talking only 40 watts per ft2.. No way in heck would I put more light on em, & the 2 fixtures need to be a good 24" high to not fry the plants.. I do not run co2 so that could change things but with no co2 I do not believe you are gaining squat with say 50 watts per ft2 over 40. Or maybe kingbrite boards are that much different than the HLG's??? Wattage really means nothing to me, PAR meters do not lie & plants do not lie either & 40 watts of HLG Rspec LED's per ft2 is pushing the limits bigly without co2 (easily over 1000 PPFD). I have been at this for over 20 years & certainly going from say 30 watts per ft2 to 50 watts per ft2 with HID is fantastic but going from 40 watts per ft2 to 50 watts+ per ft2 with the HLG boards I'm using would only hurt my plants & hurt em pretty good I bet..

your set up is what like 675 watts ish maybe 700 tops? In a 3x3? but yet I bet you are under 1100 PPFD. I am definitely pushing very near 1100 PPFD with 6 quantum boards in a 4x4 & that is only taking the HLG's 40 watts per ft2 to achieve
I don't know! I go by the way the leaves react and adjust from there. If I see a curl upwards, I reduce the power a tad. Heck, I don't even use a Kill-O-Watt meter anymore in flower.

If at full power..there would be 480 watts from the two Kingbrites and 175 watts from the Unitfarm burple, so your estimate is right on:)

Top Bottom