Upgrading lights

• Thread starter blazinlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I don't know! I go by the way the leaves react and adjust from there. If I see a curl upwards, I reduce the power a tad. Heck, I don't even use a Kill-O-Watt meter anymore in flower.

If at full power..there would be 480 watts from the two Kingbrites and 175 watts from the Unitfarm burple, so your estimate is right on:)

Ok so you might or might not dim them when need be, ok I gotcha now! Thanks!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I am actually using a control to control the lights so i do not need a dimmer. What I need is that ignore button
Here ya go!
Te4577c ignorebutton

BigCube

BigCube

I've got the 480 in a 3x3. I keep the lights 8 to 10 inches from the top of the tent and do what buzzer does. Watch the plant and dim accordingly. They seem to like about 70% right now. They are like 36 inches away from the light.

I'm at 53w per square foot when its cranked. I also add red in flower, but not that much, about 45w total.

I love not having to raise and lower a light. 🤣

Munch517

Munch517

What is your PPF with this set up??

there is simply no way my plants can take more than 2 320 watt HLG 3 Quantum board set ups in a 4x4 area, I do not have a meter but even Jacks Nutrients at max strength just barely keeps up with that much light & we are talking only 40 watts per ft2.. No way in heck would I put more light on em, & the 2 fixtures need to be a good 24" high to not fry the plants.. I do not run co2 so that could change things but with no co2 I do not believe you are gaining squat with say 50 watts per ft2 over 40. Or maybe kingbrite boards are that much different than the HLG's??? Wattage really means nothing to me, PAR meters do not lie & plants do not lie either & 40 watts of HLG Rspec LED's per ft2 is pushing the limits bigly without co2 (easily over 1000 PPFD). I have been at this for over 20 years & certainly going from say 30 watts per ft2 to 50 watts per ft2 with HID is fantastic but going from 40 watts per ft2 to 50 watts+ per ft2 with the HLG boards I'm using would only hurt my plants & hurt em pretty good I bet..

your set up is what like 675 watts ish maybe 700 tops? In a 3x3? but yet I bet you are under 1100 PPFD. I am definitely pushing very near 1100 PPFD with 6 quantum boards in a 4x4 & that is only taking the HLG's 40 watts per ft2 to achieve

It's because your HLGs are much more efficient. Without CO2 you could probably get away with less light if you could spread it out and get the lights close to the plants. My Fluence lights are about 40w/sq ft and of a similar efficiency as HLGs. Without CO2 I had to have the tops about a foot away from the light or else there'd be bleaching, with CO2 they can be within a few inches of the light.

You have enough light for CO2, it's really worthwhile to add if the rest of your setup is ready for it.

Anthem

Anthem

It's because your HLGs are much more efficient. Without CO2 you could probably get away with less light if you could spread it out and get the lights close to the plants. My Fluence lights are about 40w/sq ft and of a similar efficiency as HLGs. Without CO2 I had to have the tops about a foot away from the light or else there'd be bleaching, with CO2 they can be within a few inches of the light.

You have enough light for CO2, it's really worthwhile to add if the rest of your setup is ready for it.
Buzzer is in a 3' x 3' tent so CO2 might be a challenge. He would have to seal up the whole room to run CO2 and not be filling a bottle every other day!!

Munch517

Munch517

Buzzer is in a 3' x 3' tent so CO2 might be a challenge. He would have to seal up the whole room to run CO2 and not be filling a bottle every other day!!

Yeah, I forget how impractical it is to stuff all the necessary equipment for a sealed setup into a grow tent.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah, I forget how impractical it is to stuff all the necessary equipment for a sealed setup into a grow tent.
I don't really want or need more flower..Just GREAT flower is always my goal. In fact people back in the day would kill for what I toss out..Hope the garbage guys have opened a sack or FIVE.. 😝

I flower in 3 small areas
1x 3x3
1x 2x4
and of course the bath tub grow..LOL

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I don't really want or need more flower..Just GREAT flower is always my goal. In fact people back in the day would kill for what I toss out..Hope the garbage guys have opened a sack or FIVE.. 😝

I flower in 3 small areas
1x 3x3
1x 2x4
and of course the bath tub grow..LOL

You gotta love that bath tub grow ... always makes me chuckle. I love it! 👍

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I like the shelf setup, I've got half a dozen T5 fixtures around here. I need to do something.

I think he's got more than one good idea going actually.

However ... "take a shower and water the plant." Funny stuff ... I don't really think he's doing that, but funny to think about.

It's all good if you ask me ...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I think he's got more than one good idea going actually.

However ... "take a shower and water the plant." Funny stuff ... I don't really think he's doing that, but funny to think about.

It's all good if you ask me ...
Spare bath tub.. the other is a large stall shower that I like ...PT Girl friend is pissed AF.....threatened to cut me off. I would have cared more 50 yrs ago was my answer!.................Bawhahahaah

Latest posts

Top Bottom