Upgrading lights

• Thread starter blazinlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Voron

Voron

Not everything depends on light. A decent par meter should be showing a nice 1200-1300 mmol/m2/s at the canopy level, at least directly underneath the light. The value can be lower during the vegging cycle but not lower than 650-700 mmol. Besides, there are other parts to this equation - the PPM of your CO2 should closely match the mmol value during the better part of the day. The amount of CO2 given to the plants also depends on the stage of growth. If you are growing in the DWC, your desired nutrient PPM can be 1/2 of your mmol, e.g. 1200 mmol/2=600ppm (at 68F) and a lot of air bubbles! :))
Genetics is probably the factor to investigate first. The grow looks pretty decent overall, though.

Glassdub

Glassdub

me everytime i read a thread with the words lights, led, watts, lumms, par, lux etc i just lulz my way though the tread. i figure lights are like guns. if you need one, you need a bigger one.
I like to run & I like to grow things, I will never be the fastest runner & or top natch grower, I don't want to attempt to in favor of just enjoying the process & maybe doing a little better.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Not everything depends on light. A decent par meter should be showing a nice 1200-1300 mmol/m2/s at the canopy level, at least directly underneath the light. The value can be lower during the vegging cycle but not lower than 650-700 mmol. Besides, there are other parts to this equation - the PPM of your CO2 should closely match the mmol value during the better part of the day. The amount of CO2 given to the plants also depends on the stage of growth. If you are growing in the DWC, your desired nutrient PPM can be 1/2 of your mmol, e.g. 1200 mmol/2=600ppm (at 68F) and a lot of air bubbles! :))
Genetics is probably the factor to investigate first. The grow looks pretty decent overall, though.

These #'s are off... plants can not take 1300 mmol/m2 with no co2, 1100 is the max, I have seen gnarly buds & colas from 800 mmol/m2, 1000 is great for the average set up, 1100 is too much for some set ups. Vegging plants can thrive under 500mmol/m2 easy

Latest posts

Top Bottom