USA view on Advanced Nutrients

• Thread starter ukbigbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dank_

It's all personal experience and people spewing their opinion (often as fact).

I started with GH. Not so good results, but a lot had to do with my incompetence at the time.
I switched to AN and had better results even while still making mistakes.

Based on my results, I'd say AN is better than GH.
I'd like to try something else, but I haven't seen anything catch my eye or hear.

I

indoorherbs

It's funny how often you see the rational arguments on the side NOT calling AN crap. Could it be because the haters don't have a good rational reason for it?

I don't personally care at all whether anyone uses AN. I don't own AN stock, I don't work for them, sell their stuff, etc. I just don't like seeing the kind of really ugly hate spewed forth for, as far as I can determine, no good reason.

I use AN, it works for me better than everything else I've tried. So I don't see any cause for all the nastiness certain people direct at their stuff. Obviously I can't change their minds, but I think I can at least try to convince the rest to stay open-minded.

I don't care what you use. Just use or don't use something for the right reasons.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Hell i commend them for one hell of a marketing campaign

F

fyrhazzrd

I have to ask for anyone who has used Bud Factor X: Is the stuff made out of dish soap or what? I have just started using it, and every time I mix it up it fills my bucket with suds. I put my airstone in the bucket and plop my plant in. I check on it in a couple hours and my roots and all empty air space in the bucket is completely covered in suds.

Is it just me or is others seeing this problem as well?

click80

click80

an....yawn

The guy that helped me get started/learning to grow, now owns the hydroshow he used to work at...

I get to talk to and see a lot of what people are using nutrient wise, and what they are growing...

off the top of my head I know at least 10 peeps that have used/are using, AN, and most are serious growers.

I haven't seen anything spectacular, nor even surprising from AN.

I truly believe that the people who see these bigger, better buds simply had bad genetics or bad growing habits that they corrected.

Sure you might get a little better result....But what they claim you will see is them betting on their pretty bottles giving you a placebo effect when yank time comes, or they are betting that you have had some bad genetics and that is now corrected (so many people take advantage of the vast supply of clones/seeds etc...these days) or they are betting that some factor/variable you were unaware of corrected itself or something you yourself improved upon in growing habits and skills.

I don't mean to offend anyone who is using and swears by AN, and I am sure that if you see big improvements then (more than likely) you really are seeing improvement, i am just saying it isn't all, if any, because of AN.

I think the only true improvements are being made in PGHs, and how to use-adjust the correct ratios of NPK and Calcium, Magnesium, and Sulphur on ONE genetically identical (clone) strain, in other words by learning the strain and adjusting any of the great nutrient lineups out there, to that strain.

Personally, I would rather know HOW Cannabis grows and what IT needs and then giving it nutrients from a company with an unsullied reputation, than to just grow it with pretty bottles.

No I have not and will never use AN. I know personally how they do business, i would rather grow lettuce on rafts in a fucking pond with fish shit for fertilizer....

Just sayin'

A

Axias

Disclaimer: Nute Manufacturer
(www.DIYnutes.com)

I REALLY get too many chances to bash AN. And that alone speaks volumes about the company.

The bottom line is: AN is for the ignorant. Anyone I have ever met who uses AN was simply ignorant of several simple facts, and that costs them. Basically AN users pay about four times as much they should have to.

Yeah, they have some good products, but their prices ruin the deal. The 'voodoo' they throw on top of their descriptions then sets them squarely in the 'snake oil salesman' realm. As I recall, we used to tar and feather those fucks.

Remove the ignorance and AN isn't a problem.

AN's snake oil tactics: adding fulvics and not listing them in ingredients, touting 'amino's as beneficial (BS. Absolutely unneccessary, the plants make their own), avoiding discussing NPK paths or ACTUAL science about plants, bullshit 'voodoo' talk (lots of claims and nothing to back them up), mixing products weak (whats up with 8ppm per cc? THATS how they avoid precipitate? WEAK!).. I can go on and on, but if you don't get the point by now, you likely never will.

B

BudGood

LMAO at the Hitler AN video!

Axias, your company looks interesting. Nice website too!

I admit, I do use 1 of their products. B52 works much better than other similar products I've used, I've got a small bottle of it. Their Revive looks interesting, can't find much about it online though...

Other than that, it's DM Gold line for hydro, Age Old Organics and Botanicare for soil.

aeroman

aeroman

I haven't seen anything spectacular, nor even surprising from AN.

I truly believe that the people who see these bigger, better buds simply had bad genetics or bad growing habits that they corrected.

(...)

No I have not and will never use AN.

Those two things together say a lot.

Until you've used more than one brand of nutrients, AND you've used the particular brand you're voicing strong opinions about, no one can really put much stock in your opinion. It's the same reason no man in his right mind has an argument with a woman about just how painful childbirth is. You always lose.

Disclaimer: Nute Manufacturer
(www.DIYnutes.com)

I REALLY get too many chances to bash AN. And that alone speaks volumes about the company.

Well seeing as you have a vested interest in bashing AN I don't see how the number of chances you get to do so means a damn thing. If I expected to make more money by badmouthing the competition I'd probably spend extra time hunting down opportunities to do just that.

You're effectively being paid to bash AN.

click80

click80

good thing

Those two things together say a lot.

Until you've used more than one brand of nutrients, AND you've used the particular brand you're voicing strong opinions about, no one can really put much stock in your opinion. It's the same reason no man in his right mind has an argument with a woman about just how painful childbirth is. You always lose.

Good thing i really don't give a rip who puts stock in my opinion. My happiness doesn't revolve around what anyone, even my children, thinks of my opinion about any fertilizer. I'm sorry if sounded as strident as you, and i am not being sarcastic. I just wanted to put out there what I knew and to prevent some newbie from getting a bad grow experience. When you first start, and get to reading the Bible, everyone wants to have a tweaked out grow. AN panders to that, I feel, and they depend on knowing that their marketing and Hype will suck in the unknowing and inexperienced grower. Hell for that matter it can suck anyone in. They have marvelous marketing techniques.

For real, if i sounded like I hate AN, i dont. I just know for a fact that their business practices are close to the worse than any company of which I know. That prevents me from EVER having firsthand experience with their product. It does not prevent me from presenting my opinion in what I have seen firsthand in others grows. The stuff just ain't 15% better, no how, no way, on any day. It has been proven, to me and many many others, that you will not see what they claim. That and the price is all that needs to be looked at to base your buying.

I knew I should not have posted in this vitriolic subject, definitely my bad. I apologize for offending you so much. I really mean that, this is me typing in my sincere mode :o)

C'mon it is just a discussion about FERTILIZER, it's not a subject to get wiggy about, not that you are being wiggy, but others do. Gosh and gee whiz peeps.

aeroman

aeroman

Don't worry, I'm not wound up over this or anything. I don't really have a dog in the fight so it doesn't get me angry one way or the other.

It's basically as simple as this: I use AN, I like AN, and right now AN is the kid in school that it's "cool" to bash on so I like to stick up for AN. (Not saying you bash AN because it's the cool thing to do, just saying that a lot of people seem to do it for that reason.)

All I'm saying is that there's a world of difference between first-hand knowledge about something you've used yourself in your own growing and the kind of knowledge you get from seeing someone else's grow on and off.

You can't really be sure how well they're doing things or what might be helping or hurting their results. And since what you're saying you've seen in other people's grows - but not your own - is way different than what I've seen in my own growing it makes sense to me to say that there's something you're missing.

It's nothing personal, I'm just saying I think you don't have all the info.

P

Paul Nepal

Advanced nutrients is extremely overpriced and over-rated, run it side by side vs Humboldt, GH, Cutting Edge and the results speak for themselves. The staff of Advanced nutrients is very unhelpful and only concearned about making sales IMO

B

budseyeveiw

its not over priced i switched from canna to AN base and they are exact same price(sensi bloom). 15quid for the two part. and ive gotta say i like it more. canna is good, i do think it lacks a lil something, but AN so far is pretty damn good. but then i use house and garden, canna, superthrive, AN, within the veg/bloom phases. use your brain, some of AN stuff is a gimick.
the bud factor X is just a magnesium booster(ifrom what i recall check the ingredients)... its expensive but then you can just buy magnesium from canna for 10 a bottle(part of the mono additives range) just take the best points avoid the rest ..mix and match i say

click80

click80

Don't worry, I'm not wound up over this or anything. I don't really have a dog in the fight so it doesn't get me angry one way or the other.

It's basically as simple as this: I use AN, I like AN, and right now AN is the kid in school that it's "cool" to bash on so I like to stick up for AN. (Not saying you bash AN because it's the cool thing to do, just saying that a lot of people seem to do it for that reason.)

All I'm saying is that there's a world of difference between first-hand knowledge about something you've used yourself in your own growing and the kind of knowledge you get from seeing someone else's grow on and off.

You can't really be sure how well they're doing things or what might be helping or hurting their results. And since what you're saying you've seen in other people's grows - but not your own - is way different than what I've seen in my own growing it makes sense to me to say that there's something you're missing.

It's nothing personal, I'm just saying I think you don't have all the info.

yep...im sure of that, and when I don't have all the info it's really fun to just wing it and make shit up

lol...just kidding man...

Your right, there could definitely be something i didn't know.

On the other hand ;o) respectfully, I stand by what I do know, I know their business practices suck, and I know I for one do not do business with companies that suck. If more people did refuse to do business with the aformentioned companies with suck ass business practices, then maybe these companys would quit sucking so goddamn much.

LOL FWIW

green punk

green punk

I have never used it. I will not. It is over priced. They put more money into marketing (mostly running down comp) and trying to duplicate the competition. Proof: Look at the ad on this page to your left. Jungle Juice, hmft.
Also, if you consume product grown with AN lines and additives you may find that different strains all develop a very similar taste and aroma in common especially after it has been stored for a bit. I will say the same about Botanicare's Pure Blend Line it develops the common flavor and aroma as other strains grown with the PB.
Any one who questions if GH has been developed for cannabis, know this, it has been the same formula since 1979. Developed for growing you guessed it. So many newbs get caught up in the "AN is the only company that says it has been developed for cannabis". Thats because you're their target market. GH has the global market because it is good stuff a bit salty though. Id be willing to bet more #s of smoke have been grown with GH than all other nutes combined. They are all chasing market share behind GH.

Just an opinion.

517kush

i use it now. its over priced but i do see a big difference in yield, and crystal production.i will be switching up soon tho, not worth the extra cash. cool bottle designs tho. lol. masters of presentation

O

OrganicGreen

My view on AN is as follows... Advertising... Grant it, if your willing to lay down the kind money they are asking, you will get good results. But over $200 just for the (entry level) Hobbyiest Bundle kit which doesn't even include the 2 or 3 part base nutes?! Come on now.. I spend $120 for the 3qt FF base trio and all three solubles. Which the latter three last forever! Always great results at a fraction of the price

B

budseyeveiw

AN quite openly started making nutrients for orchids which to my knowledge was what they started with.

who cares how they market? i like kfc and mcdonalds sometimes cos it tastes good it does the job. im no AN freak but they do a great job, the plants look good, if you donnt like the prices dont buy them.

B

budseyeveiw

My view on AN is as follows... Advertising... Grant it, if your willing to lay down the kind money they are asking, you will get good results. But over $200 just for the (entry level) Hobbyiest Bundle kit which doesn't even include the 2 or 3 part base nutes?! Come on now.. I spend $120 for the 3qt FF base trio and all three solubles. Which the latter three last forever! Always great results at a fraction of the price

sorry bro but you can flower your plants on the 15quid sensi two part, all the rest are optional additives. you dont have to spend 200 dollars do you?

U

ukbigbud

thing with advanced is if you get the results with the products you have used its hard to risk and not use them again. my friend just had his best result hes had, used conni and bud factor x....... now hes using them again!!!! for the price of the nutes if u buy them in bigger bottles its well worth it.

B

budseyeveiw

i thought about the connoseur but on inspecting the ingredients it is very very similar to the sensi bloom minus the boron. and i doubt that boron is worth the extra cash

Top Bottom