USA view on Advanced Nutrients

• Thread starter ukbigbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

faintfuzzies

This is my first run ever medical run and im so far happy with advanced nute line, The only thing i hate is i cant afford it anymore. and if i ever start using my RDWC system i would never be able to use advanced.

I getting very happy results using

Micro grow bloom
mother earth tea grow and bloom
h2
f1
sensi zym
taranchula
piranha
liquid carbo load
bud blood( 1 time use)
big bud
b-52
overdrive ( last few weeks of bloom)

even though im happy with results it is way to much money , I really need to find a line that works just as well but at a fraction of the cost

B

Buddy Hemphill

This is my first run ever medical run and im so far happy with advanced nute line, The only thing i hate is i cant afford it anymore. and if i ever start using my RDWC system i would never be able to use advanced.

I getting very happy results using

Micro grow bloom sensi a/b
mother earth tea grow and bloom make your own
h2 growmore humic
f1 growmore humic
sensi zym hygrozyme
taranchula cap's bennies or great whitepiranha cap's " " " "liquid carbo load molassesbud blood( 1 time use)
big bud
b-52
overdrive ( last few weeks of bloom)

even though im happy with results it is way to much money , I really need to find a line that works just as well but at a fraction of the cost

These are my subs for what you use. fulvic is already in the GM humic.

I

indoorherbs

If all you're looking at is how much you spend at the store you can just replace everything with Jacks or something similarly cheap.

Personally I find the yield I get using better nutes (like Advanced Nutrients) more than offsets the cost of buying them. It really just comes down to ho well it works for you and where your comfort zone is on what you get for what you spend.

One thing, though. Molasses isn't a good suggestion as a substitute for CarboLoad (or anything else formulated for hydroponics) if you're using it in hydorponics.

In soil, sure, molasses works great. But you need the soil web and all the different beneficial micro-beasties to keep the balance. In hydroponic settings it's all too easy for some nasty buggers to get involved and next thing you know your reservoir is one huge slime mold that looks like something out of a B horror flick.

Trust me, I been there before.

I know some people use molasses in hydroponics and they don't have problems. But it's playing dice with your plants. It's better to use something designed for hydro that isn't such a tempting feast for the bad microbes to chow down on. You only have to lose one crop to completely kill the money you saved buying molasses...

dankworth

dankworth

Your nutrient ratios should be determined by the medium you are using and whether or not you recirculate your nutrient solution. If you cannot tell what the npk ratios are for the food you feed your plants, you are at a fundamental disadvantage.

I have been watching AN since the 2-part article in Cannabis Culture by Pete Brady in spring of '04. I have a bunch of bottles left over from '05.

I have put in the studying required to make my own nutrient solution from raw fertilizer salts.

So I know what I am talking about with this.

Just be sure to at least figure out what your NPK ratios are for starters.
Or you could read and reread the diy nute threads here until you figure them out, and then go on a vacation with the money you saved on nutes.

Shit, pay me to show up not far from your warehouse and set up nutes, enzymes, bennies, agents to stimulate SAR reactions to make your plants' dormant immune systems active, aminos for next to nothing, teas to pick up an extra qp a light...I have put work into this.

Don't get me started on environment or nutrient delivery systems.

Dude the info is all here. Stop watching Who Wants To Fuck A Millionaire, put down the oil and the girls and the cups, and make learning this stuff your new hobby. I did. Doesn't cost me shit to make thousands of gallons of nutrient solution now.

I hope someone can benefit from this.

C

chalky white

i didnt think they were bad nut's but didnt get the yield they claimed im trying cyco now and i really like them

C

Carljay

Cool!! I was looking for an up to date thread about AN. I was the biggest hater ( can't stand the marketing) but my buddy got the whole AN ph perfect connoisseur line ( I laughed at him) he got the best purple kush I have ever seen ( the ash was whiter than white out) and the biggest yield h ever had. He bugged me and begged me to try the organic AN line ( because he knows all my patients want organic) so I grudgingly did... 4 k later !! Wow is all I can say I m at the beginning of week 5 .. I know it's too early to
To talk but I will start a new thread when it's complete and post pics. I am not here to bash any fert company's or any growers, just simply to share my results. I will take pics tomorrow and post. Btw I would love to hear ( and see pics ) of other growing successes and what nutes you do or dont do. This is the beauty of cannabis, you use what works for you and right now AN is working the best for me. This is what I use with the organic calculator: iguana juice , h2, f1, bud candy , organic b, sensizym( my fave product they carry) voodoo, piranha and tarantula.

S

S_D

I think they sell so many products and there are ones that overlap pretty much doing the same thing. Example Kushie Kush is watered down Bud Candy but doesn't it have a cool name? Heard bad things about Bud Factor X on another forum basically a waste. Some their stuff rocks though like the Overdrive used the last 2 weeks before flush (makes like a 10-20% difference in yield side by side) but any booster would really work but Overdrive uses a different chemical compound to deliver the P-K where your base nutes may lack.

So I like some of their products just some are way overpriced while others reasonable and some are worthless and others exceptionally good. Used to make an awesome foliar spray before the new Bud Factor X but discontiued it for whatever reason.

So if you have no experience I would say go for all AN as it is pretty simple just lots of products and do research on which products are needed and which to avoid.

Check this site, they do nute reviews on different products so you may find on that does the same cheaper (because there are many). http://growersbook.com/reviews/nutrients-and-boosters.html

S

stonedinthe902

although I haven't used it, I have heard great things from growers who used bud factor x - and these are experienced growers who usually don't have a lot to say about AN.

Kushie Kush is not watered down bud candy. It is an alternative to BigBud. When growing Kush strains you'd use Kushie Kush in your feeding cycles instead of BigBud, and it creates buds that form a little bit different (more airy, less dense... more "kushy" to the touch)

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

although I haven't used it, I have heard great things from growers who used bud factor x - and these are experienced growers who usually don't have a lot to say about AN.

Kushie Kush is not watered down bud candy. It is an alternative to BigBud. When growing Kush strains you'd use Kushie Kush in your feeding cycles instead of BigBud, and it creates buds that form a little bit different (more airy, less dense... more "kushy" to the touch)

Thats bullshit. No offense...I'm sure you were told that and believed it. But it aint true.

Here;s the answer for AN in America or anywhere else.

GOOGLE GREENLEAF NUTRIENTS!!!!

They have reverse engineered 14 AN products....check out my side by side in the Nute forum.

It blows AN out of the water.

Search out my old posts....I was an avid supporter of Advanced.

NO MORE....I have SEEEEEN the light!! Hallaleaujah!!!!!!!!!!

Amen? brothers and sister?

I say AMEN!!!....lol....

S

stonedinthe902

lol you should reread my recent posts then, because...

i agree 100%. i'm not saying go buy bud candy or kushie kush, just the poster above me had some misinformation (that kushie kush was watered down bud candy... which it is not, bud candy is watered down bud candy haha, if anything maybe kushie kush is watered down big bud hahahaha) as for bud factor X, i have heard it works! not that it's a huge dramatic change, but compared to not using it, it did increase yield a bit. would i buy it? nah i'd probably buy the greenleaf version instead haha.

i've never bought kushie kush, don't know anyone who has. judging by the grows on this website, of people who have used it, it appeared to create airy buds that felt more 'cooshie'. i'm sure if it works one strain it'd work on most though, i doubt it's dialed in specifically for kush and kush only.

and as i said in the kushie kush thread, if anyone is hellbent on trying it anyway (even though i don't think its a worthwhile product), then definately go with the GreenLeaf Nutrients product. i know that from now on, any AN products i consider experimenting with, will be through GreenLeaf nutrients instead!

GreenLeaf's products are exactly the same as Advanced but in powdered form, at a fraction of the price, and shipping is very affordable too!

E

EarthsCure

I've used A.N. in both soil and hydro. In soil, I used half strength and have been satisfied with it. Hydro however was another story. I will NEVER use it in hydro again!

After using the Grand Master level of products for both soil and hydro, the biggest part of A.N. is hype.

I have kept a few of the products i liked from their line up, however I have since switched back to my prior nute products. Which saves me a boat load of cash and gives me BETTER yield.

D

decrimCA

AN has done nothing but wonders for my growing.

I mean, I respect folks that actually, you know, try AN before they start railing against it.

I will never use anything else because AN is really worth the investment and it's never let me down in soil or in hydro.

And the pH Perfect technology is even better, which I was surprised by, to tell you the truth. I mean, I hadn't had any pH problems before, and I didn't know why AN had to make it in the first place, but there's something in that lineup that makes my MMJ girls so happy...

G

greenMI

I've tried everything they make, and while some of their line is smoke and mirrors, some of their products like Overdrive, and Bud Ignitor give undeniable results. They don't hide the fact that their products are made for cannabis either like many major companies do.

D

decrimCA

I've tried everything they make, and while some of their line is smoke and mirrors, some of their products like Overdrive, and Bud Ignitor give undeniable results. They don't hide the fact that their products are made for cannabis either like many major companies do.

EXACTLY!

lastbreathwillbeogkush

lastbreathwillbeogkush

I've had the opportunity to run numerous line-ups, including AN products, and it ranks very low on my list, when considering all the major factors, price, ease of use, yield, end product quality, etc.

Being a lazy hydroponic grower, I've found that Cutting Edge Solutions knocks pretty much every other line-up out of the game. I haven't checked pH in over a year, I don't check ppm, I don't even flush and rinse my reservoir ever 2 weeks, just fill with water every 3-5 days and feed every 2 weeks; plants stay green, healthy, grow huge, and flower profusely. On top of these wonderful properties, this company is also a small, American based business in California that have been developing their formula for a specific crop for many years and it shows. Their line-up is also one of the most economical to run, granted I run my units always between 1/4 and 1/2 strength, so I get even more mileage for my dollar.

As a farmer who has been doing this for more years than I'd care to count, I'd recommend this line-up to anyone confident they will be more than happy with the final results.

</end product rave>
I LOVE CES their stuff rocks.

grayskull

grayskull

the problem with AN is they stole their whole line up from GH....they reversed enginered it and then got sued for it...AN is GH at just a quarter strength.

Latest posts

Top Bottom