useing rapid rooters to germ seeds??

• Thread starter kindindy123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kindindy123

hey farmers,i have used many diff germ methods,but none realy jumped out w/ sucess,sucks loosing $$ seeds so,i wanted to know if other farmers,used these rooter plugs,they sound ideal for starting seeds,soak em in nuetral hto,put seeds in,then zip lock bag,not sealed all the way,keep temps about78degrees or warmer,i would like somone who has used before,foget about my stoned babbling:icon_spin:realy over thinking this one!! thanks guys. kind

B

bdawgburner

I use RR's to germ seeds the same way I use them to take clones. Just throw them into my humidity dome and let them sprout.

JH420

JH420

I use RR's to germ seeds the same way I use them to take clones. Just throw them into my humidity dome and let them sprout.

Do you put light on them right away or wait for them to sprout first?

M

Mr.LovaLova

I soak mine in water till they sink first, then I put them in RR plugs in a dark warm humidity dome. When the seeds germ and show water leaves i put them under a cool white florecent.

friction

friction

i use rr cubes with good results, i also soak seeds for 24 hrs put in cubes into a proporgator for 48 hours in dark then put them under cfls, never had a problem i also find them quicker to root than jiffys.

B

Bassman

Big fan of rr. I used to lose valuble seeds until I discovered this method. Use for seeds and clones.

H

HNIC

i've had the best results using fox farms light warrior for seeds. then again, i germ using the paper towel and bag method, but my results are nothing short of stellar. i can say that it seems like rapid rooters would have everything ideal for seeds and seedlings, so it's no surprise that people are having good results. maybe one day i'll give them a shot, but i can't see myself testing a new method with valuable seeds.

H

hellboysavage

i dont know if this helps but its somthing i hope soma dont get mad

germinating by soma

care of the seeds themselves must be done in the correct way seeds cant get to hot they cant get moist or wet before its time to germinate them it is best to store them in a cool dry place until ready for use
seeds can be germinated in a few different ways when i first started, i would put the seeds in a moist paper towel in a warm dark place that was fine for making the seeds open up and sprout but what i didnt know at the time was that the micro-roots would get damaged when i would pull them away from the paper towel, leaveing opportunity for infection and stunting
since those days ive learned a better method first i take a clear plastic cupand lable it with the strain a am goin to germinate next i put my seeds is and add a third of a cup of distilled water at first the seeds will float on the top i put the cup are cups in a warm dark place overnight in the morning i take a look in the cup and swirl the seeds around with my finger all the good ones will sink to the bottom close observation will show that the seeds have slightly split open and begun to germinate they are now ready for planting
soil for the seedlings should be very mild and airy with a good moister level i recomend using a mixture that is two parts black peat one part perlite the peat holds moister while the perlite keeps the soil airy this is the same soil mixture that i use for clones
i prefer to start seedlings i a tray with sixty jiffy peat pots (not peat pellets the netting around the pellets give my roots a hard time and even caused deformed leaves and stunted growth) but small plastic cups work as well when putting the seeds in the soil be very careful not to plant more then two seeds deep if they are planted to deep they can entangle themselvesin ther own roots exhausting them of there vital starting energy

it also goes in to the lighting and temps i can ad if you like are if i dont get in trouble

W

webeblzr

I'm to cheap to use RR's for germination. I did try Sannies pit pots, but did not care for them.
And, I love RR's for cloning.
But the old simple paper towel, and once sprouted, tweezered into a cococoir filled pot. Three uppots and flower.

R

Radio_Dread

this is my first try to germ seeds in them, they seem great. out of 8 seeds i soak 3 fro 24hrs before i put in and 5 just straigh in to rr. first 2 to break ground were the unsoaked seeds. i was surprised.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

RR's are my favorite for germination, I followed subcool's advice in a thread called the organic laws of cannabis, in it he details his method of rapid rooter germination, its very solid. The other method I would use is og raskals, simple and natural technique.

R

Radio_Dread

RR's are my favorite for germination, I followed subcool's advice in a thread called the organic laws of cannabis, in it he details his methods

where can you find this thread? would love to give it a read

RD:pimp:

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

i soak my seeds and let them pop once they do i put in rapid rooters and they work great

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Hey heres the link to subcool's thread, he put up a ton of great info here, scroll down a bit for the section on rapid rooter germination

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

I have had like 99% success with RR's but lately just been poppin em in the dirt, and the one's in dirt having been pokin out about a day or so quicker..

J

jordisgarden

i use blue cups filled with promix. i soak down the medium the pop the seed in. within 4 days 100% of my seeds come up. healthy. i cant imagine getting better results by soaking em in anything. would rapid rooter make the seedling stronger?

J

jordisgarden

Wait clonex is rapid rooter right?. i bought a bottle of it a year ago. iv had 3 sucessful clones out of like 100 tries. i just cant get it. anywaay would using clonex be beneficial to seedlings?

D

digging

How long in time duration can you let your seedlings grow in Rapid Rooters, before planing the Rapid Rooters outside?

Thanks.

B

BongToker

Wait clonex is rapid rooter right?. i bought a bottle of it a year ago. iv had 3 sucessful clones out of like 100 tries. i just cant get it. anywaay would using clonex be beneficial to seedlings?

no homie, you just have a cloning gel, would not be good for seedlings iwould imagine, rapid rooter are the heating pad and they also make a kind of jiffy cube that are reall easy to work with in a tray, gets clones and seedlings rootd well

Top Bottom