Using Ca Carbonate And Ca Nitrate

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

My bad you are right. The Calimagic does have CaCO3 in it. Its the only one that has CaCO3 that works fine for me. Almost everyone I know likes Calimagic and says it works better for them but I like the Botanicare Cal/Mag with micros in it more so.

I think its because the Calimagic is stronger.
Calimagic 3ml per gallon my ppm is 205ppm.
Botanicare 5ml per gallon my ppm 220ppm.

Its strange but other products that have CaCO3 in them have turned my plants chlorotic. Maybe everything is not created equal.

One of the 3 methods to make Calcium Nitrate is to add Nitric acid to Calcium Carbonate. I don't think you'll see any problems. If you continue to see pH issues, just keep feeding caps teas and EM, that should help fix it.

@Natural, the days of washing and charging coco are gone, at least with the higher end coco. Just plant and start feeding.

Well crap..just got back from the store with CalMag+ cause i ran out of Calimagic..lol. Gonna give it a go though, and just cut it out early..maybe just save it for the veg room.

Offdarips

Offdarips

Makes perfect sense to me. I already have hard water (495ppm) and even though I filter with an RO, I can only get down to 100 ppm, so I think there has to be some calcium in that too. I need to get a water test done!

I need you as my full time assistant! :):)

I had the same issue with my hard water that was coming out at 700 ppm then I purchased a revolution ro 1000 with a pre filter & a booster pump to keep the pressure @ 60lbs now I have zero ppms coming out.

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

Interesting read on what kind of cal-mag product to use, or what is the base ingredients that make up a certain cal-mag products.
Any thoughts on Cutting Edge Solutions and their style of separate calcium (Plant Amp) and magnesium (Mag Amped) products?

I used CaCO3 for about a week. My plants turned a lighter color and were generally unhealthy.

I never had a problem with the Nitrates. They bounced back after switching back.
I read the same thing about Nitrates vs Carbonates in nutrients solution and the how each one is made available to the plant and affects other elements in the solution.
During veg I've been using H&G Cocos on rockwool delta 4 blocks, bloom is in coco. For cal mag I'm using GH CaliMagic. I usually use Cal/Mag+ but got the GH for free. No noticeable differences + or - that I can see. I also give some preteens to a friend of mine, only thing different in the nutrient program is he uses Cal/Mag+ and everything looks the same.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting read on what kind of cal-mag product to use, or what is the base ingredients that make up a certain cal-mag products.
Any thoughts on Cutting Edge Solutions and their style of separate calcium (Plant Amp) and magnesium (Mag Amped) products?
I haven't used their products, but if you read my thread you'll come to understand clearly how I feel about the combination 'cal-mag' products. :)

N

nightmarecreature

So sure enough, using the GH Calimagic, I am getting some unhealthy leaf fade. This always seems to happen when I use a Calcium Carbonate product. I believe it builds up in the medium after awhile and then messes everything up. No more GH Calimagic for me. Botanicare Cal/Mags goes bad and gets cloudy. There's not too many good Cal/Mag products. I'm going back to my homemade Magnisal Magnesium Nitrate and Calcium Nitrate. The N is very high but if I use bloom nutes with it for veg and flower, works off the chain. Check out my homemade Cal/Mag thread.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/nightmares-cal-mag-mix-coco-hydro.63144/

Top Bottom