Using FoxFarm for hydroponic setup

• Thread starter Jeremey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It works. Ive run it on Ebb tables before. Honestly you can get away with grow big hydro all the way through. That stuff is great for rez's.

With that being said I wouldnt run big bloom on rez's.

Jeremey

Jeremey

It works. Ive run it on Ebb tables before. Honestly you can get away with grow big hydro all the way through. That stuff is great for rez's.

With that being said I wouldnt run big bloom on rez's.

I’m just going to go easy on myself and switch up to the GH. Even if it wasn’t for the deficiencies, I’ve been wrestling with PH. Can’t make it through a day without it rising past 6.5. FoxFarm really did well with soil and coco. I’m in Rockwool now, but I’ll still use it on my mommas. Plus, that GH is dirt cheap! Cut my overhead down! I got 2 55 gallon rezs in flower room, and 2 40 gallon in veg. That money adds up! Thank you for the input brother.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m just going to go easy on myself and switch up to the GH. Even if it wasn’t for the deficiencies, I’ve been wrestling with PH. Can’t make it through a day without it rising past 6.5. FoxFarm really did well with soil and coco. I’m in Rockwool now, but I’ll still use it on my mommas. Plus, that GH is dirt cheap! Cut my overhead down! I got 2 55 gallon rezs in flower room, and 2 40 gallon in veg. That money adds up! Thank you for the input brother.
If ph is still an issue after switch I can fix that for ya. I don't like to have more than a 0.2 ph increase in 24 hr. Maybe a bit more with plants your size 0.3 the most.

I have 0 doubt that @cemchris is right. He really knows his stuff and has experience with it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have never used it but from what I can tell it contains a fair bit of organics. This is not ideal for most hydro systems as the bacteria required to break them down are often absent. And can lead to bacterial blooms of undesirable bacteria and other issues.

I personally would not use this line up for hydro. GH 3 part is far better suited imo.

I use mega crop and it also contains some organics but I run a live system and have a good population of denitrifying bacteria.

If I were using this product I would only be running the grow big.

No organics in fox farm nutes except for the big bloom in the soil trio. That shit is like sludge and its omri organic.

I had much trouble and never actually dialed in the soil trio. Gave it all away to a needy grower.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I’m pretty sure that you just saved my ass on this one. I’m very great full for that. Thank you for taking the time to help a brother out. Sending good vibes out there, blessings 🌟
thats what this is all about friend sharing the love,no experts just gardners and it damn nice when one recognize it

Jeremey

Jeremey

No organics in fox farm nutes except for the big bloom in the soil trio. That shit is like sludge and its omri organic.

I had much trouble and never actually dialed in the soil trio. Gave it all away to a needy grower.
Yeah man, looked like some diarrhea floating around! Luckily I got some good info on here, and just so happened to be sitting on some GH. Universe was looking out for me! If I screw this one up, I’ll probably end up under a bridge 😂....true story 🤙🏻

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I thought I seen kelp and earthworm castings when I looked up even just the hydro version of grow big. Maybe it's not considered organics but that whole organic classification doesn't make much sense to me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah man, looked like some diarrhea floating around! Luckily I got some good info on here, and just so happened to be sitting on some GH. Universe was looking out for me! If I screw this one up, I’ll probably end up under a bridge 😂....true story 🤙🏻

Glad you have a plan. Many of us farmers will end up living under a bridge if we screw up too much.

Funny how stressful nice relaxing weed can be. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I thought I seen kelp and earthworm castings when I looked up even just the hydro version of grow big. Maybe it's not considered organics but that whole organic classification doesn't make much sense to me.

Only the one bottle in the trio is organic castings and such. The grow and bloom are chemical salts. And the only other organics in their line are the pellet dry organic happy frog ferts.

The soils are labeled “natural”. Not omri for some reason.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Only the one bottle in the trio is organic castings and such. The grow and bloom are chemical salts. And the only other organics in their line are the pellet dry organic happy frog ferts.

The soils are labeled “natural”. Not omri for some reason.
Found it.... It even has ammonium. Another no go for hydro imo. I know I was thinking the grow big had none until I looked it up.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Found it.... It even has ammonium. Another no go for hydro imo. I know I was thinking the grow big had none until I looked it up.

My bad. I missed the castings and kelp in there. It was years ago i tried them. I wonder why i had such bad results in their own soil? Maybe inexperience. Well definitely inexperience.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

under a bridge aint that bad if you have company hahahah hard sleeping with one eye open
so watching your thought have me wondering one thing bro,how the hell do you isolate the npk values in hydro,i just recently tested my water with a npk kit off amazon ,all i had use it for my soil,but tried anyway,that water had so much N that the color wasnt even on the gauge,p was adequte,no sign of k at all,so later that night got to reading some shit that explain another problem ,windy conditions snap the vines of the watermelon plant was one,aphid are atracted to plants with very high N count,so im thinking thats been my problem all along,the feed is the 8-16-36,then the magnesium sulfate,calcium nitrate,the calcium nitrate were the N comes from right?i need something i can isolate what each are doing,swinging from 5.8 to 6.3 over night and shit,sky rocket ppm from 12 to 1600,so i said screw it and added a scoop of cha-ching from fox farms,0-50-10,expecting a burning bush come morning ,my ph was 5.9 ppm 1245,it dropped all the crazy,dont have a clue why,stayed stable for 3 days,put a smit of potassium sulfate in to raise the ph to 6.0 and added 60 mil hydroguard,been stable ,so today raining and 50 degrees ,35 by sat morning hahahah what can i say hahahah aint even liking the cool weather

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Switch to salts. I have 4 - 55 gals for flower and 2 -40 gal for veg and my nutes end up costing me less then a penny a gal. PH doesn't even budge.

Last edited:
Jeremey

Jeremey

Can't say but maybe a microbial issue? I know organics is only as good as as your microbial population and diversity.
I really don’t know. The plants definitely where not absorbing the food like they should. It only happened when I tried to push PPMs up. First time was in veg. When I bumped them up from 250ish, to 500ish. I was only at a 1/3 strength. Had to bring them back down to a 1/4 strength, add CalMag, and a little iron. Got em to a 1/3 strength, started flower that way, but 1/3 strength was at 750ish. They were doing great, but yesterday I bumped them up to only half strength and boom. I know everything else in there is on point. I manage PH with a close eye. It’s a Rubix cube that I’m tired of playing with! I honestly think it would do ok with coco. Maybe be allot better on salt build up that’s caused in those bucket systems. I’m looking forward to a smoother ride with the GH. This crap has had me nervous as a whore in church!

Top Bottom