Using Perfect PH from Advanced Nutrients. My ph is 7.7

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

Haven't been able to find any bugs, but wind burn is a possibility. There is a small fan that has been blowing across the top of the plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Haven't been able to find any bugs, but wind burn is a possibility. There is a small fan that has been blowing across the top of the plants.
Might want to adjust it and see if it helps. The damaged leaves will stay the same but you should not see it getting worse or spreading to new growth if that was the cause.

The damaged portions will yellow and possibly die.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have all of the above. Just need to know what's up with the leaves, whether it's a cal/mag issue, or something else.
Looks like a pH issue? Kind of dark green too unless that's the camera? Toss that pH perfect in the bin mate and today while you're at the grow store get a pH meter and some GH 3 part or order some Mega crop or Jack's 3 2 1 and follow the directions at half strength and see if that doesn't help, I think it will, good luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like a pH issue? Kind of dark green too unless that's the camera? Toss that pH perfect in the bin mate and today while you're at the grow store get a pH meter and some GH 3 part or order some Mega crop or Jack's 3 2 1 and follow the directions at half strength and see if that doesn't help, I think it will, good luck!
I would agree

chuey316

chuey316

Sorry for the quality. I know it's not the best. Plants are under a screen, and there's not enough room for me to get over them so I can see my phone when taking the pics.

20190727 155616

Here's a shot from above
Above

This is from the newest set of leaves
Newest

This is from the oldest set
Oldest

It seems to get worse each day, and now my other plant is starting to show signs as well
2nd plant

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They are growing but not looking happy. I have never used those nutes and never will. What are your temps and humidity? How are the roots looking?

I may be partial but if it doesn't break the budget I would get some ph down and some new nutes. GH 3 part has been proven many times over to work. I use mega crop but the oh perfect just doesn't sit well with me. Again I have no experience with it but it's kinda looking like a common denominator.

I forgot to hit post lol

chuey316

chuey316

I'm due for a res change this weekend. Had a look at the roots. The plant that's just started showing discoloration has bright white roots. The plant I've been posting pics of is a mix of white and yellowish roots. No slimy feeling I got a couple pics. The one of the 2nd plant is in the dark with camera flash. The other pic of the plant from this thread is under the hps because my battery got too low to use the flash.

20190727 163235
20190727 163841

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm due for a res change this weekend. Had a look at the roots. The plant that's just started showing discoloration has bright white roots. The plant I've been posting pics of is a mix of white and yellowish roots. No slimy feeling I got a couple pics. The one of the 2nd plant is in the dark with camera flash. The other pic of the plant from this thread is under the hps because my battery got too low to use the flash.

View attachment 883980View attachment 883981
Yeah it's not root rot makes me lean even more towards your nutes

chuey316

chuey316

Drained and refilled my res today, and went with GH Flora series, Micro, Grow, Bloom. Went by the bottle, which I think is gonna be too hot for the plants right now. It's testing 656ppm, after they've been in 250-280ppm. Think I'll pump out 5-10 gallons back into my jugs, and replace with straight RO to lower the ppm's down, unless they should be good. Just worried about running too hot too soon. Ph was at 6.1 after adding in the nutes, and hydroguard. Going to lower the ph down to 5.8.

On a side note, not sure if it really makes any difference, but I read a few different places today that hydroguard should be added after mixing in nutes. I was adding it 1st. Again, not sure if it really matters, but if so, that could have been contributing to my issues.

chuey316

chuey316

Just checked on the roots, and it looks like rot is setting in.☹ Not sure what to do now. I've been reading and came across multiple threads about running with small amounts of chlorine bleach to kill rot rot, and maintain a sterile rez, but nothing that actually outlines it in more detail. Also read though that bleach dissipates at a similar rate to h202, and that it needs to be added before nutes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just checked on the roots, and it looks like rot is setting in.☹ Not sure what to do now. I've been reading and came across multiple threads about running with small amounts of chlorine bleach to kill rot rot, and maintain a sterile rez, but nothing that actually outlines it in more detail. Also read though that bleach dissipates at a similar rate to h202, and that it needs to be added before nutes.
You are running hydrogaurd correct? Are you using it as per the directions and in dechlorinated water?

chuey316

chuey316

Yes, running hydroguard per the directions. I'm trying to find plans convert a dehumidifier to a chiller at the moment, but definitely need to find a way to get rid of the rot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dump the res. Ph some tap water and rinse the roots gently in it. Refill the res with very light nutrient solution like 300 ppm add hydrogaurd no more than recommend and check daily. Do not up the ppm until they are completely recovered. It looks more like a bacterial infection than root rot. I think it's safe to say that's the cause of your issues.

If you see it build up repeat and check daily. Do you have any light leaks into the res?

chuey316

chuey316

Res was changed last night. Ppm was 356 after nutes, and ended up at 480 after ph'ing down. I did have some light leaks at 1st, but I've since covered the res with reflective hvac tape, including the lid.

Since I just did a res change last night, could I just add a gallon or two of straight ro to bring the ppm's down?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Res was changed last night. Ppm was 356 after nutes, and ended up at 480 after ph'ing down. I did have some light leaks at 1st, but I've since covered the res with reflective hvac tape, including the lid.

Since I just did a res change last night, could I just add a gallon or two of straight ro to bring the ppm's down?
Yes... Use a different bucket to rinse.... You may have to do it for a few days.

Top Bottom