Using Perfect PH from Advanced Nutrients. My ph is 7.7

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

Ok. Would I gently use my fingers while rinsing, or just pour water over the roots?

chuey316

chuey316

I've seen some of his videos. Very informative. His video about root rot is what made me start thinking about running a sterile res instead of bennies.

Thanks for the tip of rinsing the roots Aqua Man. The literally look cleaner after one rinse. I'll continue rinsing them daily throughout the week. When rinsing them, would it be beneficial to add h202 to the water that I'm rinsing them in, or just stick to plain ph'd water?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've seen some of his videos. Very informative. His video about root rot is what made me start thinking about running a sterile res instead of bennies.

Thanks for the tip of rinsing the roots Aqua Man. The literally look cleaner after one rinse. I'll continue rinsing them daily throughout the week. When rinsing them, would it be beneficial to add h202 to the water that I'm rinsing them in, or just stick to plain ph'd water?
You can do either. Like I said I don't think it's pythium but rather a bacterial issue. Possibly even just a bloom but possibly an infection. H2o2 won't hurt but don't put it in your res unless you plan to switch immediately to sterile. It will kill your hydrogaurd. If you go sterile you need to add it often. Some use pool shock. Personally I have never ran sterile so I'm not really the guy to ask about dosing.

chuey316

chuey316

I would rather stick to bennies for this grow. I just wasn't sure if the h202 would help when rinsing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would rather stick to bennies for this grow. I just wasn't sure if the h202 would help when rinsing.
It won't hurt but I can't tell you what dose would be ideal. I mean I could but I have not used it with cannabis so better someone who has. The reason I said to use ph tap water is it contains some chlorine and chloramine already so I don't feel there is a need.

chuey316

chuey316

I was able to get the ppm's down to 330. Sitting at 355 after ph'ing to 6.2. Also ran a 1/4 tube from my air pumps intake, and ran it into the freezer section of my mini fridge, having ~25' of line coiled in the freezer. Hoping it will help at least a little with my temps. Come fall/winter, I probably draw air from outside.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was able to get the ppm's down to 330. Sitting at 355 after ph'ing to 6.2. Also ran a 1/4 tube from my air pumps intake, and ran it into the freezer section of my mini fridge, having ~25' of line coiled in the freezer. Hoping it will help at least a little with my temps. Come fall/winter, I probably draw air from outside.
I would pay attention to the temps over the next few hours just to be on the safe side

chuey316

chuey316

I would pay attention to the temps over the next few hours just to be on the safe side
Absolutely. So far, it's been about 2hrs, and the temp is steady at 70.1, the lowest temp yet. It's was 72.4 before drawing the freezer air.

I also don't have any frozen bottles in the fridge right now, and the temp in there is 45. When the bottles are in there, on top of, and surrounding the coil, the temp is typically around 38-40.

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days, but I think this may get me near the 68f that I've been trying for.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Absolutely. So far, it's been about 2hrs, and the temp is steady at 70.1, the lowest temp yet. It's was 72.4 before drawing the freezer air.

I also don't have any frozen bottles in the fridge right now, and the temp in there is 45. When the bottles are in there, on top of, and surrounding the coil, the temp is typically around 38-40.

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days, but I think this may get me near the 68f that I've been trying for.
I have been running mine at 75F for a while now and I have stopped using hydrogaurd ( but I do keep it on hand and used it until I had a healthy population of denitrifying bacteria) I can test that by using pure ammonia and testing to see how fast my bacteria will consume it. Most don't use any ammonia in hydro I know people say it's a no no but they do not have the bacteria to process it into nitrates. I can easily achieve 65f but I have my reasons for going above the norm and am testing to see results on growth for myself.

68-70 is a good spot as it will provide some time to react in the event something happens like you just experienced. Higher temps speed up metabolic and reproductive rates of both beneficial and undesirable bacteria, fungi and pythium.

N

Newbz77

I'm having a similar problem, although I'm so new at this it's like 3 weeks now so I dont quite get all of the technical jargon I.e. basically iv been doing okay and my girls look pretty good to me, im using canna+ coco got the root level first down from 7 after my 1st watering to 5.9 which I'm told is around right with canna, I run both taps for 5 mins hot n cold then leave the water which has an initial 6.1-2 ph out in the conservatory and get 5.9 by morning, today they're all just under 7 or to be precise 6.6 , iv added very small mixes of coco A&B 3 times since starting my grow and barring a surprisingly healthy looking dwarf plant all good, after showing my progress to a more experienced indoor gardener he said time to start feeding them either 1/4 or 1/2 recommended but not how do do so. Do I get my water downed and add the food then continue as though I were watering the plants normally, if x3 26litre pots , x2 34 litre pots. If not could somebody pls tell me how to feed my set up properly & how often. Thankyou. 🤞

N

Newbz77

I'm having a similar problem, although I'm so new at this it's like 3 weeks now so I dont quite get all of the technical jargon I.e. basically iv been doing okay and my girls look pretty good to me, im using canna+ coco got the root level first down from 7 after my 1st watering to 5.9 which I'm told is around right with canna, I run both taps for 5 mins hot n cold then leave the water which has an initial 6.1-2 ph out in the conservatory and get 5.9 by morning, today they're all just under 7 or to be precise 6.6 , iv added very small mixes of coco A&B 3 times since starting my grow and barring a surprisingly healthy looking dwarf plant all good, after showing my progress to a more experienced indoor gardener he said time to start feeding them either 1/4 or 1/2 recommended but not how do do so. Do I get my water downed and add the food then continue as though I were watering the plants normally, if x3 26litre pots , x2 34 litre pots. If not could somebody pls tell me how to feed my set up properly & how often. Thankyou. 🤞
Whoops put that on the wrong thread sorry!!

N

Newbz77

Just done my food mix for lights on and it seems to be about getting the different ingredients mixed and moving at the same time get your p.h level and water fast as it seems not to dissolve or mix completely with the water. Or it may be worth giving your mix a good shake and get it heated right up and see if that dissolves the ingredients to an agreeable ph when cooler ?

chuey316

chuey316

Temps were coming down this morning. it was 37f in the fridge, but I forgot to make sure the door was all the way closed, and the temps went to 50f in the fridge and 71-72 in the res. Closed the door and waited about 2 hours. Fridge is nearing 35, and the res is 67.5 and still dropping a bit. I run a 2nd air pump for my res. Think I'm gonna run another hose from that pump's intake into the freezer as well to drop it a bit more.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Temps were coming down this morning. it was 37f in the fridge, but I forgot to make sure the door was all the way closed, and the temps went to 50f in the fridge and 71-72 in the res. Closed the door and waited about 2 hours. Fridge is nearing 35, and the res is 67.5 and still dropping a bit. I run a 2nd air pump for my res. Think I'm gonna run another hose from that pump's intake into the freezer as well to drop it a bit more.
67 is more than enough.

chuey316

chuey316

Ok, so both plants have been growing fine, and adding root mass, but there is still something wrong. I took a couple pics of a leaf from each plant. Some deficiency maybe? Could they possibly benifit from a gallon or 2 of tap water, rather than straight ro?

Ppm is 365, temps range from 67-70f, ph stays at 6.4-6.5 regardless of where I adjust it to. Seems like some residual ph perfect buffers are still effecting the ph levels.

20190803 135448
20190803 135436

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, so both plants have been growing fine, and adding root mass, but there is still something wrong. I took a couple pics of a leaf from each plant. Some deficiency maybe? Could they possibly benifit from a gallon or 2 of tap water, rather than straight ro?

Ppm is 365, temps range from 67-70f, ph stays at 6.4-6.5 regardless of where I adjust it to. Seems like some residual ph perfect buffers are still effecting the ph levels.

View attachment 885501View attachment 885502
Looks to me like calcium.

chuey316

chuey316

Nobody is open near me til Monday, but I'll be working, and won't have a day off til Thursday. Would adding some tap be helpful, or better off waiting to get some cal mag from the shop? Tap water would be aerated overnight to get rid of the chlorine of course.

chuey316

chuey316

Just a quick update. I've been running a mix of tap and ro until I finish off the jugs I have. Overall the plants are much greener, but I'm still having leaves getting spotted and discolored every day or two. I've be cutting them when I find them. Some of it's on older growth, and some on newer growth as well. There was a a couple times that I wasn't able to get my frozen bottles switched out, and the roots were starting to look a little brownish, so I decided to ditch the hydroguard, and go with a dead res for more peace of mind. The leaf issue has not changed after switching though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom