UV necessary ? Vote

• Thread starter MarsHydroLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you think it is necessary to add UV chips to the LED grow light?

• Total voters
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
I got to vent here for a min......... cause........................ and this not to anyone.................................

but why would you only run a extra red strip for only a few hrs...?
THE Sun is not on a timer with it's spec....... so in my mind .....................>>>>>>>>>> it should run the same as the other light............
Guess this maybe wrong by books.....
But there's a lot of WRONG Info in Books............................ In my world HANDS on is Best......

we were only speaking of the UV part being helpful during the flowering sage and causing potential harm to some plants. most of this theory as far as i can tell, there is to much information on lights that is released by the manufacturer. i voted NO as i feel like the added cost of a few red dots here and there are going to be more hype than homerun!! would love to be proved wrong. my spider farmer have a couple red strips and my plants love these lights as do i. i've bought two and have another one on the way!!
i suffered a TBI years ago and never gave it a thought till my shrink gave me this 3 test with puzzles and shit etc etc and well i of course thought i crushed it as any adult would. gramar, short story retention, simple color shape puzzles, spatial awareness etc. long story short i failed hardmode... it was a odd day but explained a lot.

OG

basscaptain

basscaptain

we were only speaking of the UV part being helpful during the flowering sage and causing potential harm to some plants. most of this theory as far as i can tell, there is to much information on lights that is released by the manufacturer. i voted NO as i feel like the added cost of a few red dots here and there are going to be more hype than homerun!! would love to be proved wrong. my spider farmer have a couple red strips and my plants love these lights as do i. i've bought two and have another one on the way!!
i suffered a TBI years ago and never gave it a thought till my shrink gave me this 3 test with puzzles and shit etc etc and well i of course thought i crushed it as any adult would. gramar, short story retention, simple color shape puzzles, spatial awareness etc. long story short i failed hardmode... it was a odd day but explained a lot.

OG
I'll find out cause I just flip on dec 1

all I can say is...>>>>
My Plants Like it so why not......

basscaptain

basscaptain

To Mar's
If I was going to buy a Light from your Company... It would have to have the UV chips in it also..... or it's a NO Go on My End...........................................
Just a Heads up on what I Look for also.........

basscaptain

basscaptain

My flower tent it's running 5 to 5 so it's been up for an hour and a half. I haven't even opened it...

Qb light that's on but just white has a switch to run it's uv....

That 1 I run a few hrs a day...
But other then that ...the extra runs.......

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

for the old and new ,
there was a commercial that use to come on tv back in the early 70's
i feel this is the right time to tell ya what t was
dont mess with MOTHER NATURE ,then a lightning bolt would come across the screen
hhahahahaah oooh wee had to do it folk ,i sure love my low grade skank when i try to read some this stuff

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

showing an increase of up to 4%
@Aqua Man Now there is a more accurate and more believable number. Tricky math......well 20% is 400% more than 4%. Thats the bullshit in the numbers, now making claims like 4% is far more likely for me to give the topic of uv supplement a serious look. Ah, sorry I must be using the old math .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Aqua Man Now there is a more accurate and more believable number. Tricky math......well 20% is 400% more than 4%. Thats the bullshit in the numbers, now making claims like 4% is far more likely for me to give the topic of uv supplement a serious look. Ah, sorry I must be using the old math .

Its not bullshit. Its a marketing tactic. If the clone gave 20% without uvb and it gave 24% with uvb than it has an increase of 20%.

My opinion is that the cannabanoids work as an entorage effect. The full recipe in the plant is more important than thc content alone. And like other supposed quality enhancers the results are in diminishing returns.

And the risks are great. Our skin and eyes are damaged by uvb. sources should be turned off while we are present.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

oh no troubles it's' the good kind', super slow and they burn em off. i spent some time in hot sunny places as a young man.
My mother has been undergoing the same thing once every few months for about 15yrs. She used to have to wear those Sun screen gloves so I'm very familiar... It's not fun and when first diagnosed it's was Scarry as heel because we didn't understand how well it could be managed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like @MIMedGrower said those number are the exactly same but written differently.

20% THC average now with 20% increase in thc would be 24% THC. An increase of 4% total THC. An increase of 20% from where ya started. It's just math.

Same thing is done with co2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its not bullshit. Its a marketing tactic. If the clone gave 20% without uvb and it gave 24% with uvb than it has an increase of 20%.

My opinion is that the cannabanoids work as an entorage effect. The full recipe in the plant is more important than thc content alone. And like other supposed quality enhancers the results are in diminishing returns.

And the risks are great. Our skin and eyes are damaged by uvb. sources should be turned off while we are present.
100% agreed. I also remember the increase in THC comes at the a cost to CBD. I cannot remember for the life of me where I read it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have only read that cbd is not increased. Only thc. Never heard of any loss of cbd.
Yeah if I ever stumble on it I'll shoot it over to ya in a PM. I read so much shit I lose track of where. I would think all these levels would be independent so I just remember that sticking out to me.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I got to vent here for a min......... cause........................ and this not to anyone.................................

but why would you only run a extra red strip for only a few hrs...?
THE Sun is not on a timer with it's spec....... so in my mind .....................>>>>>>>>>> it should run the same as the other light............
Guess this maybe wrong by books.....
But there's a lot of WRONG Info in Books............................ In my world HANDS on is Best......

I'm not an led guy this is just what I've read throughout some of the threads here by the guys who used them. I prefer dinosaur single ended hps cuz it ain't broke so I'm not fixing it.

I think the threads I'm talking about only ran the uv for a few because of the intensity. The sun doesn't come up intense af nor go down that way more like a gentle ramp up n down, but midday I believe that uv is much stronger. Running the uv more time started destroying the inside of the tents they used too. I cant remember exactly what type they were but they were no joke, they could hurt you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm not an led guy this is just what I've read throughout some of the threads here by the guys who used them. I prefer dinosaur single ended hps cuz it ain't broke so I'm not fixing it.

I think the threads I'm talking about only ran the uv for a few because of the intensity. The sun doesn't come up intense af nor go down that way more like a gentle ramp up n down, but midday I believe that uv is much stronger. Running the uv more time started destroying the inside of the tents they used too. I cant remember exactly what type they were but they were no joke, they could hurt you.
The study from Maryland University. They ran 6hrs in the middle of the light cycle. I should also note that the control plant recieved the same par but had the UVA and UVB filtered out. So the increase of 28% would be from no UV to the amount given in the study. If you grow under CMH that contains it you are not likely to see the same increase % wise.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The study from Maryland University. They ran 6hrs in the middle of the light cycle. I should also note that the control plant recieved the same par but had the UVA and UVB filtered out. So the increase of 28% would be from no UV to the amount given in the study. If you grow under CMH that contains it you are not likely to see the same increase % wise.

There was a series of test vids from a commercial med grower and they had hps, led and cmh side by side. And the cmh clone did 4% higher thc. They had their own lab at the grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom