Uzi (oozy) Cookies F1 By Thegrowingrack

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hlg claims to have designed the layout of the diodes and came up with the name quantum boards.

But really they just bolted existing boards on to aluminum strips and started selling them on Rollitup.

The tech was just modern retail showroom lighting. Just like cobs are modern street/warehouse lights. Just like metal halide and hps a long time ago.
LMAO..HLG copied the Nextlight, made it better, and the rest is history. (I own an original Nextlight Mini and QBs myself)
Old shot when I had 2x Meizhis flanking the Mini (Meizhis were sold)
Nextlight
Light 5

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
LMAO..HLG copied the Nextlight, made it better, and the rest is history. (I own an original Nextlight Mini and QBs myself)
View attachment 865804 View attachment 865805

I should be firing up my new FGI commercial quantum fixture this weekend. Finally got the grow space cleaned out. Now I’ve got DE killing off the little critters for a couple days before I get time to put up the 5x5 tent and get it rockin. Should be able to grow bigger plants now and yield 5-6x what I’ve been yielding.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

View attachment 865799 View attachment 865800

The above two pics are of my cookies n cream. Lots of color late into flowering. Tight nugs with a hint of vanilla musk.

View attachment 865801
Cookies Pheno UZi Cookies. This one grows more like cookies n cream. It has a very pleasant fruity like scent to it. Compact nugs. Still about 3-4 weeks left on this one.

View attachment 865802

This is the AK leaning pheno. Still grows more like the cookies n cream but the bud clusters are more leafy and AK like. It has a gummy worm like scent from the 80s. Very nice. This one has closer to 4+ weeks left.

Nice flowers. You get some great color.

What seeds are you growing here? Ak x cookies n cream?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I should be firing up my new FGI commercial quantum fixture this weekend. Finally got the grow space cleaned out. Now I’ve got DE killing off the little critters for a couple days before I get time to put up the 5x5 tent and get it rockin. Should be able to grow bigger plants now and yield 5-6x what I’ve been yielding.

Better quit your day job. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

View attachment 865804 View attachment 865805

The owner said he had a factory reconfigure the diodes to his specs from an existing board on his thread at another forum.

If you went on any of the manufacturer websites then they showed boards and now strips as showroom lighting.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The owner said he had a factory reconfigure the diodes to his specs from an existing board on his thread at another forum.

If you went on any of the manufacturer websites then they showed boards and now strips as showroom lighting.
What factory? I doubt Samsung would re-configure their diodes for HLG. Unless you mean the placement when the boards are manufactured)..As I mentioned I own a few:
QB288 V1 (3000k)
QB132's (2700 and 3999k)
Atrium Lighting 288 (The V2 Sammy diodes, in 3000k)
Photon (alternating 2700 and 3500k Sammy V1s)
And the Nextlight, which I really love.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What factory? I doubt Samsung would re-configure their diodes for HLG. Unless you mean the placement when the boards are manufactured)..As I mentioned I own a few:
QB288 V1 (3000k)
QB132's (2700 and 3999k)
Atrium Lighting 288 (The V2 Sammy diodes, in 3000k)
Photon (alternating 2700 and 3500k Sammy V1s)
And the Nextlight, which I really love.

Sorry. Thats what i meant. He had the placement altered.

And im not knocking the boards. I just think hlg is way overpriced. All the led lamps are. They will come way down in time.

And apparently be more efficient. The tek is moving fast.

Personally i am taking advantage of how cheap hid is getting while led has the spotlight. Pun intended. :-)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Better quit your day job. :)

Actually I’m out selling both other salesmen combined 7 to 4. Delivered my 7th car today so far this month. In total I’ve sold 13.5 in 18 days. Every car except my first car was sold at full asking price. My delivery today was a two pounder and had a three pounder earlier this week. Once I hit my bonuses it goes from 25% to 35%.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Actually I’m out selling both other salesmen combined 7 to 4. Delivered my 7th car today so far this month. In total I’ve sold 13.5 in 18 days. Every car except my first car was sold at full asking price. My delivery today was a two pounder and had a three pounder earlier this week. Once I hit my bonuses it goes from 25% to 35%.

You got people with credit or cash for those weights here?

Or is this a buy here pay here operation?

And/ or need an experienced saleseperson?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Sorry. Thats what i meant. He had the placement altered.

And im not knocking the boards. I just think hlg is way overpriced. All the led lamps are. They will come way down in time.

And apparently be more efficient. The tek is moving fast.

Personally i am taking advantage of how cheap hid is getting while led has the spotlight. Pun intended. :)
I agree about the pricing..Atrium used the 301B diodes in their 288. Much cheaper than HLG and easy to deal with (Ebay)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

View attachment 865799 View attachment 865800

The above two pics are of my cookies n cream. Lots of color late into flowering. Tight nugs with a hint of vanilla musk.

View attachment 865801
Cookies Pheno UZi Cookies. This one grows more like cookies n cream. It has a very pleasant fruity like scent to it. Compact nugs. Still about 3-4 weeks left on this one.

View attachment 865802

This is the AK leaning pheno. Still grows more like the cookies n cream but the bud clusters are more leafy and AK like. It has a gummy worm like scent from the 80s. Very nice. This one has closer to 4+ weeks left.

Tha CnC looks Phenom.

Nice show off of that LST work.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You got people with credit or cash for those weights here?

Or is this a buy here pay here operation?

And/ or need an experienced saleseperson?

It’s a regular b lot. We don’t have many credit risk or CAC customers. Did one CAC my first week and haven’t had one since. I try to talk them into financing as we are spiffed on finance, extended warranty and gap. We might need another salesman soon. One of the others isn’t doing so well. The third salesman is a 20 year veteran and does 15-20/month on average. In fact I’m sure you know him if you’ve been in the biz in the last 10 years. For that matter you prolly know my brother as well.

I find if you build rapport with the customers, you make the buying process fun and painless and you can justify your asking price there’s no reason to not get all the money. Our extended warranties are about $2500 for 5 years and 80k miles bumper to bumper and our finance manager is good at pushing them so just about every deal is loaded on top of a rate bump. Gap runs about $500-600 so most deals run through with about $1500 backend profit.

I’ll be learning finance next week. Our finance guy is on the way out and I want to learn it from him as he’s about the best I’ve seen. I’ve seen some real shitty finance managers back in the day that would cut front end gross to pad the backend. He doesn’t do that so I’ve got to respect his game. I’d say 8 out of 10 deals come out of the box with either warranty or gap or both.

We are down to 48 cars right now. Just picked up 7 more today at the auction. Sadly that’s not nearly enough to keep up with the pace we are slinging them. We also have a buyer who buys from the Pittsburg auction for us. Less Canadian cars run through there. We need another good buyer or two. Would be nice to have a guy at the Mannheim auction in chitown. They run 8000k cars through there a week. The one near us runs about 1500-1800 cars a week and we’ve got two guys buying there. One man in each lane. Our Pittsburg buyer hasn’t been buying right. He sent us an Escalade for $15k that was red lighted and we sent it to auction this week and only got 8k for it. 7k bath ffs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It’s a regular b lot. We don’t have many credit risk or CAC customers. Did one CAC my first week and haven’t had one since. I try to talk them into financing as we are spiffed on finance, extended warranty and gap. We might need another salesman soon. One of the others isn’t doing so well. The third salesman is a 20 year veteran and does 15-20/month on average. In fact I’m sure you know him if you’ve been in the biz in the last 10 years. For that matter you prolly know my brother as well.

I find if you build rapport with the customers, you make the buying process fun and painless and you can justify your asking price there’s no reason to not get all the money. Our extended warranties are about $2500 for 5 years and 80k miles bumper to bumper and our finance manager is good at pushing them so just about every deal is loaded on top of a rate bump. Gap runs about $500-600 so most deals run through with about $1500 backend profit.

I’ll be learning finance next week. Our finance guy is on the way out and I want to learn it from him as he’s about the best I’ve seen. I’ve seen some real shitty finance managers back in the day that would cut front end gross to pad the backend. He doesn’t do that so I’ve got to respect his game. I’d say 8 out of 10 deals come out of the box with either warranty or gap or both.

We are down to 48 cars right now. Just picked up 7 more today at the auction. Sadly that’s not nearly enough to keep up with the pace we are slinging them. We also have a buyer who buys from the Pittsburg auction for us. Less Canadian cars run through there. We need another good buyer or two. Would be nice to have a guy at the Mannheim auction in chitown. They run 8000k cars through there a week. The one near us runs about 1500-1800 cars a week and we’ve got two guys buying there. One man in each lane. Our Pittsburg buyer hasn’t been buying right. He sent us an Escalade for $15k that was red lighted and we sent it to auction this week and only got 8k for it. 7k bath ffs.

I have been out of the business since 2003. I dont know anyone in michigan. I have only been here 8 years. And only sold cars for a month in grand haven when i got here.

I did have some fun selling snowmobiles and motorcycles for a minute but worked for myself since.

You are sure talented at selling. But i was refering to the bank actually buying those heavy deals in this market. The numbers you are quoting front to back are like when we were making serious money in the 80’s and 90’s.

Deals like that took cash down even back then when we could schmooz the bank reps. We used to take them golfing and stuff.

Now its computer approval. Well for a long time now. So 80% nada or auction sheet is usually the high buy amount.

The gap and warranty with decent credit is usually an accepted add on. In addition to the banks approval number.

Working the box is the easy part. Well if the customer is really sold.

You are on an awesome old school pay plan. Not common anymore. I wish i didnt have such a long commute.

And better health could be an advantage. :-)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I have been out of the business since 2003. I dont know anyone in michigan. I have only been here 8 years. And only sold cars for a month in grand haven when i got here.

I did have some fun selling snowmobiles and motorcycles for a minute but worked for myself since.

You are sure talented at selling. But i was refering to the bank actually buying those heavy deals in this market. The numbers you are quoting front to back are like when we were making serious money in the 80’s and 90’s.

Deals like that took cash down even back then when we could schmooz the bank reps. We used to take them golfing and stuff.

Now its computer approval. Well for a long time now. So 80% nada or auction sheet is usually the high buy amount.

The gap and warranty with decent credit is usually an accepted add on. In addition to the banks approval number.

Working the box is the easy part. Well if the customer is really sold.

You are on an awesome old school pay plan. Not common anymore. I wish i didnt have such a long commute.

And better health could be an advantage. :)

Yeah the pay plan is 25% 1-7, at 8 it’s 30% and at 13 it’s 35% with a $400 demo bonus. I get a demo free regardless and I rotate cars when I run out of gas so I don’t even pay for fuel, haha. We get free lunch on saturdays. Minis are $150. If the unit is 100+ days we get another $150 bonus for an old unit plus spiffs from backend.

We have a great assortment of lenders who bid against one another. Sometimes there’s stips but they aren’t bad. We do get trade ins fairly often so that is usually the down payment on most deals. We also get some cash buyers or buyers who add to cash on top of their trades. We are a destination lot so many of the customers we get are serious buyers.

My customers are happy when they leave the lot so what they paid makes no difference to them. They feel like they got a deal no matter what and that’s really the most important part. If they feel valued, listened to and satisfied they’ll come back and tell all their friends to come buy from you.

Hell when I sold electronics and appliances years ago I had people coming in three years after I left asking for me by name. For some reason I’ve always connected with people on a different level. It’s weird.

Selling things has been fairly natural for me since I was in grade school selling candy out of my locker. I had a line at my locker between each class.

My method of selling is low pressure but I’m always pushing them in the right direction. Each word I utter is constructive to move them closer to the sale. I avoid words and phrases that can halt the momentum. I find many sales people give their customers outs. I don’t. Yet I make them feel like they can walk away at anytime or they can ask me anything and I’m more than happy to help. I find my customers ask me for the sale almost as often as I ask them. It’s about making them feel comfortable yet somewhat obligated. Not in a bad way of course. But they often find themselves so excited that they don’t take the time to consider anything else other than making the purchase.

Not trying to jinx myself or toot my own horn. It’s just I’ve been doing this for most of my life so it comes very natural without me having to force it and make it feel artificial. You can tell when a salesman is forcing the issue and that often creates a situation where the customer just wants to get out. So the trick is to never make them feel uncomfortable with the process. If they don’t feel threatened they’ll be open to dialog and you can work your magic :-)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah I had to. The Uzi Cookies were going berserk. Next grow I’ll be able to let them stretch out more. I’m hoping for a decent yield from them this round. Had to keep the canopy in check so they wouldn’t get burned from the light.

...for sure... them Uzi got some serious wheels. I didn't expect em run on me like they are. I'm thinkin of droppin em in the garden early before they get outta hand. Was going to wait till May but now I'm lookin at a week or so. I just posted on my grow diary about whether I can get away with putting them out there for 13.5hr days without a reveg penalty.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I also do plant the seed for extended protection. I call it protection not warranty. Warranty is a red flag word. Everyone is taught to refuse warranties. But protection is another story. Who doesn’t want protection? So I help the finance guy out by planting the seed during the sales process. It makes his job easier. In fact all but two of my deals so far have been padded with warranty and/or gap. Hell I had one guy who said to me he wouldn’t drive off the lot without a warranty plan.

Back when I was selling electronics and appliances I had the highest extended service plan percentage in the company by a wide margin. And that was in a chain of 300+ stores with an average of 3-4 salesmen per.

When I started selling at that chain I was excited to sell one big screen tv in a day. Then it became a good day if I sold a big screen and a camcorder. By the end I had a Saturday where I sold 6 big screens and four camcorders. I can often take a TO and close a customer within minutes, sometimes seconds. It’s funny how salesman are afraid to ask for the sale after putting so much time and effort into the process. Yet many times that’s all it takes.

As with any decent salesman I have trial closes I use often without making it seem like I’m pushing them to purchase. But you want to give them opportunities to say yes let’s do it. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t close every sale all the time. But more often than not by using all these soft selling techniques properly you can apply pressure without chasing them away. And that’s really what separates a good sales person from an okay sales person.

Top Bottom