Vape Oil , Make Your Own, 2016

• Thread starter miko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
miko

miko

So did a 5:1 ML to product (so use 25 grams product and 150 ML VG/PG oil mix).
Strength was pretty good for me, but not the heavy smokers.. Not strong enough.

Not quite sure how to make it any stronger, keep in mind the method I followed did an 8:1 ratio...
So I upped the strength quite a bit to see if that would by default make it stronger.. Didn't really seem to so much.

Running a new batch at 6:1 with lemon peel added to get a lemon diesel kind of flavor (maybe).. :)
Will post results.
For me, any of these are perfect and would keep me in supply for the next decade.. :) But for the daily toker.. not so much.

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

u use a 2:1 pg/oil. .5 grm oil to 1 ml of pg and its strong enough for me a heavy smoker. If I wanted to vape all day I would go 4:1 or 3:1

miko

miko

Lemon Peel Experiment was a fail.
My vape oil came out with a RED tint, which I don't mind, but was very thin and didn't seem to have any power.

My new method is use EverClear to make some basic WAX, then do a 3:1 PG to wax and done.

Lowman

Lowman

May I suggest organic hemp oil to thin out your cannabis oil. A couple of drops is all that is needed in about 10 grams to make it flow nice in a vape pen. And it's made from hemp! It's what I use.

miko

miko

May I suggest organic hemp oil to thin out your cannabis oil. A couple of drops is all that is needed in about 10 grams to make it flow nice in a vape pen. And it's made from hemp! It's what I use.
I like the idea, but my need is to also spread out the wax so I can get many vape cartridges per batch of processed ..

Example, I take 5 G of wax and add 15ML of PG oil, so I end up with 20 ML or so, which fills 20-40 vape pens.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have fount with a qwet extract then using that as your base for the vape juice, the qwet will seperate after a week or so. When I use bho, it is perfect, and will not seperate.

And I still.find a 1:1 ratio by weight is still the perfect dosing. I only vape from my rig, I never smoke flowers any more so my tolerance is very high. My 1:1 always seems.to be spot on.

miko

miko

I have fount with a qwet extract then using that as your base for the vape juice, the qwet will seperate after a week or so. When I use bho, it is perfect, and will not seperate.

And I still.find a 1:1 ratio by weight is still the perfect dosing. I only vape from my rig, I never smoke flowers any more so my tolerance is very high. My 1:1 always seems.to be spot on.

What is that qwet ?

Grow4me

Grow4me

Here we go ...
20160329 150343

Grow4me

Grow4me

Now, what do I do with the washed stuff in that jar? I'm out of ISO, I'm kicking myself for only buying one bottle. Had a good bit of trim and it hardly covered it. But it should be potent. Can't I put that back in the freezer and extract it once more? Or is it trash?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

you could try and do one more wash, but your probably gonna be pulling a lot of chlorophyll and your wash will be green......which theres a tek to get rid of the green very easily if you do.

if your using iso for your extract, and plan on vaping it, I personally wouldn't want to smoke it. im not a big fan of smoking anythng that iso comes in contact with, even if you vac purge it. ethanol, bho is one thing, but iso is another thing all together.

qwisoking (iirc) has a great 50 page thread about qwiso (quick wash iso extractions) extracts.

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

Now, what do I do with the washed stuff in that jar? I'm out of ISO, I'm kicking myself for only buying one bottle. Had a good bit of trim and it hardly covered it. But it should be potent. Can't I put that back in the freezer and extract it once more? Or is it trash?[/QUOTE
dry it out on paper tore and save for another day. I will take the same ISO I jysted washed with and rewash with it

Grow4me

Grow4me

I trashed it ... if I had more ISO I would have washed it again. It's was kick ass but so thick and sticky. I'll put something like oil in next time to get a more fluid product.

mancdank

mancdank

@Mast3rgrow I think these guys got all the answers u need :)

C

Cypher10z

Yo check it. First off. People have been adding VG and PG to oil and vaping for a cool minute, one thing has changed recently. The manufacturers of carts are hip to this and have begun adapting them for this purpose. We @cypherextracts do not add vg or pg, we just do the clear and steam distill the terpenes out of the actual plant and add it back in at 3-4%. This is not possible for the average cat to accomplish, due to lab equipment and knowledge limitations.
Thus. When looking at making your own, consider the wicking hole diameter size, look for a good steel and glass cart with a hole .9mm-1.2mm in diameter, this will accomodate ever pure clear with nothing added.
Also if you do add vg or pg, know that even with heat and agitation it will separate with time. The boys at skunkfarm research have done studies on emulsifying the solution with a cat x120 hand held homoginizer.
Good luck.

Top Bottom